小兒兒:
對,就是這樣!這是個人經過這幾年與學校並肩而行所領悟到的,即使未必每一位家長都認同,但我也樂於在這裡跟你們分享個人的感受。

原文章由 小兒兒 於 07-11-28 13:10 發表
deniset,
係喎, 見你分析完後 ...

102#
發表於 07-11-28 15:13 |只看該作者
thomas23,

Considering he didn't know how to swim and was very afraid of water few months ago, John has improved a lot in swimming recently. He's able to swim over 10m now and his swimming style is improving. He has 1 lesson per week. I think I will consider to let him have more lessons when the weather is warmer. Though he is swimming in a indoor pool with so called "warm"water, his lips were all darken after staying in water for 1/2hr

I really think that he's more healthy now. He seldom get sick, even some of us in the same house are sick (I believe his school must have some sick kids from time to time, too). Like in the pass 2 weeks, my baby boy was sick, followed by my maid, husband, myself, but John is still OK, only with 1 or 2 sneezes in the morning! Amazing!

原文章由 thomas23 於 07-11-28 13:01 發表

Peppergin,

You're better "wait & see", it may be too many changes for John (home & school) at the same time.  I am living in Causeway Bay and still waiting for the school route.  Hope everything ca ...
敬畏耶和華是智慧的開端,認識至聖者便是聰明

醒目開學勳章

103#
發表於 07-11-28 15:51 |只看該作者
Hello peppergin,

Which area of Shatin do you live?
As I know that there are 2 bus routes for Shatin area?

It takes about 1-hour to visit around different part of Shatin to pickup kids at different point. For the earliest stop to pickup the kid in Shatin ~6:50 a.m. As I remembered that for 富豪花園, the pickup time ~7:10 a.m.

If you live near Siu Lik Yuen, then that's much better. The last stop is located at 帝堡城.  The pickup time is 7:35a.m. It takes less than 30 mins time to travel from 帝堡城 --> --> Tate's Carin Tunnel --> Campus.

However, these time are based on the current bus route. It's not the same every year.

原文章由 peppergin 於 07-11-27 12:20 發表
It really depends on the routing of the school bus. I'll keep that in view. Moving house will be considered, if too unbearable. Do you know any Shatin-yau in Logos?

I have heard ppl commute to Logos  ...

104#
發表於 07-11-28 16:42 |只看該作者
peppergin,
我仔仔都學緊游水吖!不過病左成個月,停左學吖!佢剛剛學識"未"水!

小兒兒,
你住係邊到架?我都想自組吖!

105#
發表於 07-11-28 16:52 |只看該作者
原文章由 deniset 於 07-11-27 09:55 發表
每一所學校(以新直資比較)都會有教師流失的問題,而真道創校五年多,當中教師流失比率是外人没法理解,而且真道家長都未必全部能理解箇中道理,個人就覺得這是每一所新校必須面對的問題,反而是健康的流失。而且,新來的老師 ...

Hi deniset,

十分認同您的見解.至於小兒兒提到在07年有語文教師流失問題,以我所知在開學初期,有任教中文科老師嘅簽証有少許問題,所以延遲了才到香港,在這段短暫時期,學校亦安排了代課老師,可能因為正式老師已投入崗位,代課老師嘅離開而產生有語文教師流失的誤會呢?
另外,在開學不久嘅家長會上,介紹每科每位任教老師時,看見之前因私人事務而暫時離開我們的老師,今年終於可以返來真道教我們的寶貝,不但一班小朋友開心,連我這位家長都很雀躍呢!當時自己嘅心情真好像見返舊朋友一樣咁開心!

106#
發表於 07-11-28 17:22 |只看該作者
Thank you so much yeenmama!

I am at 富豪花園 exactly. Your info is very useful. 7:10 is not too bad. So, actually John may have some schoolmates in 富豪花園. That's great! I hope I can know some of them! Do you know the students from 富豪花園?

原文章由 yeenmama 於 07-11-28 15:51 發表
Hello peppergin,

Which area of Shatin do you live?
As I know that there are 2 bus routes for Shatin area?

It takes about 1-hour to visit around different part of Shatin to pickup kids at different p ...
敬畏耶和華是智慧的開端,認識至聖者便是聰明

107#
發表於 07-11-28 17:52 |只看該作者
Pichonkun,
謝謝你的認同!希望可以在這方面聽到其它真道家長的意見。

原文章由 pichonkun 於 07-11-28 16:52 發表

Hi deniset,

十分認同您的見解.至於小兒兒提到在07年有語文教師流失問題,以我所知在開學初期,有任教中文科老師嘅簽証有少許問題,所以延遲了才到香港,在這段短暫時期,學校亦安排了代課老師,可能因為正式老師已投入崗 ...

108#
發表於 07-11-28 18:17 |只看該作者
Carma,
我住在鑽石山, 以我所知, 也有一名同住鑽石山的同學會在08年入讀. 希望school bus時間唔會太早及可入到屋苑啦, 在1小時以內還可接受. 但如果唔入屋苑, 又要行去某地方上車, 車程又要1小時的話, 咁坐地鐵好過了. 由鑽石山到調景巔才半小時呢.

另我想問下第八節的聯課活動是否=課外活動呢?
宜家小朋友返學時間真係好長, 朝8晚4, 8小時呢!
回到家已經5時多, 如咁好彩無家課做, 餘下的時間休息下沖下涼看看新聞做下公民式功課就已經差不多食dinner, 如果一天要睡9小時的話, 9:00就要上床了. 咁之前還有1小時親子時間, 很緊迫啊!

醒目開學勳章

109#
發表於 07-11-28 18:55 |只看該作者
Hi peppergin,

I've sent you a message. Please check pm.

原文章由 peppergin 於 07-11-28 17:22 發表
Thank you so much yeenmama!

I am at 富豪花園 exactly. Your info is very useful. 7:10 is not too bad. So, actually John may have some schoolmates in 富豪花園. That's great! I hope I can know some of t ...

110#
發表於 07-11-29 10:20 |只看該作者
Ha! It happened that Yeenmama is my friend's friend...It's a small friendly world!

Many thanks, Yeenmama!

敬畏耶和華是智慧的開端,認識至聖者便是聰明

111#
發表於 07-12-3 14:09 |只看該作者
原文章由 小兒兒 於 07-11-28 18:17 發表
Carma,
我住在鑽石山, 以我所知, 也有一名同住鑽石山的同學會在08年入讀. 希望school bus時間唔會太早及可入到屋苑啦, 在1小時以內還可接受. 但如果唔入屋苑, 又要行去某地方上車, 車程又要1小時的話, 咁坐地鐵好過 ...

請問如住在麗晶花園校車是否入屋宛, How much for one
month? & What time to wait.

112#
發表於 07-12-4 13:09 |只看該作者
bigcat4646,
你小朋友是不是明年小一入學,我打過去學校問,佢話要等到差不多入學前會通知我們車程,時間及車費事宜!

原文章由 bigcat4646 於 07-12-3 14:09 發表

請問如住在麗晶花園校車是否入屋宛, How much for one
month? & What time to wait.

113#
發表於 07-12-4 21:20 |只看該作者
多謝Peppergin的邀請, 加入真道08小一家長的討論行列. 其實此版初開時我已有瀏覽, 不過未有發言, 原因是我仍未決定是否入讀真道.

到目前為止, 我選擇真道的機會率是89%, 傳統教學私小10%, DGJS 1%. 以前讀書很辛苦, 因為是band 1小學和中學, 功課量大, 默書多, 測試多, 對學生成績要求很高. 近年新興的直資學校很合我心意, 利用小朋友的好奇心, 引領他們找尋答案, 大學不就是自己去找尋和驗證真理嗎? 現在小學便開始培育了, 小朋友將來的能力必定比填鴨式教育強. 無奈此等教育理念是好, 但沒有公開試的成績去支持, 做家長的很怕"揀錯", 所以有時都想不如讀傳統學校吧, 因為對在港升學前途有保證. 至於DGJS, 考上的機會可以說是近乎零, 容許我保留一點幻想吧.

我很少在討論區發言, 因近來發覺D人好恐怖, 有唔啱聽的言論便給人"圍", 更把你以前在不同issue發表文章找出來, 查找你的背景. 不過有時不吐不快, 或真的有消息報告才間中登場. 我情願寫blog自說自話好了. 我在王國誌有個blog, 歡迎光臨參觀.

114#
發表於 07-12-4 22:04 |只看該作者
Welcome, yiwa!

I have a question. Do you think the traditional school still have advantage in facing the new high school exam?

Hope one day you'll tell us your kid is 100% joining Logos!

[多謝Peppergin的邀請, 加入真道08小一家長的討論行列. 其實此版初開時我已有瀏覽, 不過未有發言, 原因是我仍未決定是否入讀真道. <br />
<br />
到目前為止, 我選擇真道的機會率是89%, 傳統教學私小10%, DGJS 1%. 以前讀書很辛苦 ... [/quote]<br />
敬畏耶和華是智慧的開端,認識至聖者便是聰明

115#
發表於 07-12-4 23:00 |只看該作者
原文章由 peppergin 於 07-12-4 22:04 發表
Welcome, yiwa!

I have a question. Do you think the traditional school still have advantage in facing the new high school exam?

Hope one day you'll tell us your kid is 100% joining Logos!  ...

Peppergin, Thanks for your warm welcome.

Regarding the "New High School Exam", so far it only has the frame, but no one is sure how it will that be exactly. I think there should not be any problem for the Band one schools, as they are always the  best. The students are smart, they just not have time and room to think previously, as the school neglect about this. Under the new system, the schools will then train the students in another way to fit in the new examinations. The best will still be the best.

In HK, the weakness of most of the students are lack of creativity, and always in a passive position in learning. Maybe it is due to the education system, the students just force to memorize the materials in order to get higher marks. Time was spent on memorizing, stop asking this and that like a childhood.

As I mentioned before LOGOS is my dream school, and we are very impressed by Principal Yau, his presentation, the curriculum and the school's facilities. Principal Yau is very pround of his school, and the LOGOS parents also pround of the school as well. The IB curriculum is attractive as well. Frankly speaking, I think it will be more interesting and meaningful then the old HKCEE. Luckily, our kids will not suffer this anymore, and I really hope LOGOS can confirm its IB curriculum asap.

116#
發表於 07-12-5 10:20 |只看該作者
YIWA,
歡迎你加入吖! 一齊入黎交流下!本來我都想幫亞仔報考男拔架,不過我老公話吾岩亞仔讀,驚佢怕左讀書仲大鑊,仲有排讀架嗎 另願培養佢有讀書興趣同好奇心既學校適合亞仔多d!

[ 本文章最後由 CARMA 於 07-12-5 10:26 編輯 ]

117#
發表於 07-12-5 15:02 |只看該作者
Yiwa,

Just to clarify - Logos offers both options i.e. preparing students to sit for "new High school exam of HK" and IB Diploma.

The "new High school exam"/NSS is no longer a "frame" la...many details, including detail curriculum and assessment criteria has been released already.

read more at:
http://www.edb.gov.hk/334

There is also a video program:
ETV program "New Assessment Culture in NSS"(Chinese Version only
http://www.hkeaa.edu.hk/files/wmv/etv_nss.wmv

After reading these, I feel that the NSS is going to be very different from the traditional open exams. Every school will need to grasp the new system from zero (or nearly). Actually all the senior form secondary teachers will need to be retrained to face this NSS system. Therefore, the traditional school may not totally in advantage.  

In fact this NSS system is very similar to IB Diploma.
NSS
IBD
,,,通識+2-3 subjects
6 subjects
百分之十五或以上的課時,讓學生有機會體驗「其他學習經歷」,當中包括:
l
德育及公民教育
l
藝術發展
l
體育發展
l
社會服務
l
與工作有關的經驗
CAS
(Creativity, Art and Services)
An essay required under通識
4000 words extended essay

Any views from others, too?

原文章由 yiwa 於 07-12-4 23:00 發表

Peppergin, Thanks for your warm welcome.

Regarding the "New High School Exam", so far it only has the frame, but no one is sure how it will that be exactly. I think there should not be any problem ...

[ 本文章最後由 peppergin 於 07-12-5 15:17 編輯 ]
敬畏耶和華是智慧的開端,認識至聖者便是聰明

118#
發表於 07-12-5 23:18 |只看該作者
原文章由 peppergin 於 07-12-5 15:02 發表
Yiwa,

Just to clarify - Logos offers both options i.e. preparing students to sit for "new High school exam of HK" and IB Diploma.

The "new High school exam"/NSS is no longer a "frame" la...many deta ...

Yes, you are right, all the guidelines and syllabus are available, but no one undertake any examinations or no one have ever seen the examination papers. There is still a big question mark for all the schools. Thanks for your information and I will try to go through them in detail. It seems not an immediate problem and we can leave it behind for several years, but it may provide us hints how to choose the school for our kids. We must do things right at the beginning, as we love our children so much!

Band one schools will not let their band one position change by any means. The teachers themselves are always nervous about the result of the public examinations, they will try their utmost best to fight for the best result, and so a s the students. Besides, if there are too much "old  style" teachers, the school can recruit new teachers from time to time.

LOGOS F5 students will sit for the HKCEE at the moment, and I heard that the school will apply for the IB curriculum next year. I really hope we can have IB in LOGOS, as I heard that some DSS planned to have IB before but recently annoounced to give up.

119#
發表於 07-12-5 23:39 |只看該作者
原文章由 CARMA 於 07-12-5 10:20 發表
YIWA,
歡迎你加入吖! 一齊入黎交流下!本來我都想幫亞仔報考男拔架,不過我老公話吾岩亞仔讀,驚佢怕左讀書仲大鑊,仲有排讀架嗎 另願培養佢有讀書興趣同好奇心既學校適合亞仔多d! ...

CARMA,
我本來都無沒有想過要讀女拔, 因為又貴又辛苦. 我願意捱辛苦可以讀津校, 點解要比錢? 但身邊的朋友都去考, 唔考好似好蝕, 萬一人哋考到得個恨字就後悔了, 自己考過死得眼閉啊!

現在讀書, 不單是小朋友讀, 是全家一齊讀. 我是上班一族, 沒有太多時間跟功課, 想多些時間親子. 我們考直資, 願意交學費, 是厭棄了讀書和功課壓力, 但又想培養出色的孩子, 所以才落重注買這新上市的概念股 (比喻). 希望11年後(真道是11年課程)回報高啦!

120#
發表於 07-12-6 10:20 |只看該作者
Hello, good morning .

In my view, the school is well prepared for taking the New High School Cert, plus the IDB exam because the whole course (the 11 years' package)  targets for the purpose.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題