密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 學之園幼稚園(昇御海逸) 07-08學之園(海逸校)K2
樓主: LydiaWong
go

07-08學之園(海逸校)K2

發表於 07-8-31 00:55 |顯示全部帖子
Hi ljsze,

Be honest, I know I am not a good full-time mother but also not very aggressive for my job. he he...I enjoy my time with the kids after work. Of course, my job can provide better living for my family and so....I am a working mom until now. After I have left CU, I have been working in a same company for more than 7 years. Seems that the market is better recently. Maybe I will try to look for a new job.

晞晴媽咪  

發表於 07-8-31 09:44 |顯示全部帖子
Lydia

I only remember that there'a a seminar tonight when I look at the diary.  Remember to go tonight if you have time.

Hei Ching's mommi

I know quite some mothers quit their jobs some time after they have two kids.  In many cases, they are too busy at their job & they feel guilty not having enough time for their kids.

發表於 07-8-31 12:39 |顯示全部帖子
ljsze,
See you tonight!
http://www.studio123.hk/onlinealbum/2008-02-03/preston.html

發表於 07-9-1 17:13 |顯示全部帖子
Hi ljsze,

Sometimes I also feel guilty for my kids when I need to OT. However, I have to share the financial burden for my family as they are both studying in private schools. I can sure I cannot afford so many ECA for my kids if I am a full-time mother. That's why I need to make one's choice.

晞晴媽咪

發表於 07-9-2 12:33 |顯示全部帖子
Doris,
Take care! Eat more nutritious food and take good rest.

發表於 07-9-2 12:42 |顯示全部帖子
Hei Ching mom,
The parents' night only lasted for about 1 hour. The principal explained about the K2 cirriculum.
1. Chinese - they start writing simple words in the 1st term. In the 2nd term, they need to write 詞語 and will make up詞語 themselves. (I'm a bit worry in this aspects)
2. English - writing letters according to Letterland sounds and then learn blending sounds together. Statt reading level 2 books then level 3 in the 2nd term.
3. Math - writing numbers  and learn up to 50. Learn odd, even and sount backwards.
4. POA (primary one admission interviewing program) - It's voluntary. Starting in Apr, 1 hour every week after school, there will a team of teachers responsible for this to teach the kids about interview.
I think I covered the main points, if I think of more, let you know later. If other moms have anything to add, please do coz I may miss some points.

發表於 07-9-2 16:56 |顯示全部帖子
Doris

I was so worried when I heard that your baby weighed only about 2 lbs.  What's the situation now ?  You should also take good care of yourself.

發表於 07-9-3 23:35 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Lydia,

You are so kind to drop me the notes for the parent's meeting. Don't worry, I think the kids can handle the Chinese homework in 2nd term. We can help a bit and teach them how to write the words. I have discussed Hei Ching's progress with Miss Lai today. As a whole, she is OK but a bit shy when facing Mr. Shawn....he he...Recently, they assign Hei Ching to a group that the kids are much talkative and see if she can express more. Last, I have shared my target primary school with Miss Lai and she has provided some valuable comments to me. It is happy to talk with her this afternoon as I can know more about my girl at school.

Hi Doris,

I read the message about you and your baby from other mommies. Take Care.....

晞晴媽咪

[ 本文章最後由 晞晴媽咪 於 07-9-3 23:38 編輯 ]

發表於 07-9-4 10:46 |顯示全部帖子
Hei Ching's mommi

It's good that you did learn more about Hei Ching at school.  Actually, for some unknown reasons, kids tend to like male teachers more.  Davin does like Mr. Shawn & Mr. Chris (K3 teacher who taught in Summer Camp) a lot.

I still haven't concrete idea as to which DSS or private school I'm going to apply for my kid next year.  Most of the schools in my priority list are Gov't subsidized ones.

Dear All

I forgot that they started the news sharing yesterday & someone did share news.  Davin told me he had no news to share & was a little bit upset.  I have the feeling that he likes to speak in front of the others.

[ 本文章最後由 ljsze 於 07-9-4 17:49 編輯 ]

發表於 07-9-4 20:39 |顯示全部帖子
Hei Ching mom,
You're welcome! I guess it's not too difficult for you to get used to handling homework coz you have an elder daughter, at least you have some experience. Please do share some of your experience with us.

ljsze,
I almost forgot about the news too. I wonder if the kids take turns and present the news. That may take quite some time. It's good that Davin is not shy to stand and speak in front of the class. Preston is getting better but only on a routine basis e.g. show and tell. If you ask him to read a story in front of the class, he's still hesitate a bit and doesn't have enough confidence. He needs more practice.

發表於 07-9-4 23:37 |顯示全部帖子
Hi ljsze & Lydia,

About the news article sharing, I have also talked about it with Miss Lai during our discussion. Actually, I prepared a piece of newspaper cutting for my girl this Monday. She told me that Hei Ching was a bit shy but still can talk / share the picture with the classmates. Miss Lai confirmed we can pick some simple & interesting articles for the kids. They can bring back any day in a week but Monday is better. As parent, we can highlight some main points about the articles for the kids with colour pens at home and encourage them to express their view in front of the class. Miss Lai will try to arrange all the kids to do the presentation every week provided they have the newspaper cutting.

ljsze, you are free to scan through the newspapers recently and see if you can find one for Davin.

晞晴媽咪

發表於 07-9-5 11:17 |顯示全部帖子
Hei Ching's mom

Thanks for the info.  I did put one newspaper cutting for sharing on Tue but Davin said he did not share.  Maybe they will share on Monday only.

發表於 07-9-5 22:17 |顯示全部帖子
Hi, moms,
It's such a headache to plan Preston ECA schedule. Many courses don't offer a lot of time choices and they either crash or won't fit into Preston timetable coz of full-day class now. I just need to give up some and rearrange the courses

ljsze,
I wonder how Doris and the baby is doing. Any news from her mother (you see her everyday in the am)? Hope she's feeling better now.

發表於 07-9-6 11:50 |顯示全部帖子
Lydia

I understand your problem.  I guess you may have to spend a lot of time taking him to ECA on Saturday.

I talked to Doris's mom a few days ago & she said Doris was fine.  The baby was also fine.  No worry.  I'll keep asking aunt for her news.

Dear All

The long & short vowel of 'a' is new to me.  I have to ask Davin for the sound before I could help him.  Mr. Shawn also said it was not that easy & it was fine even if they made mistake.  It was good to let them have a try.

I saw some new clippings shown on foam board this morning.

發表於 07-9-6 17:28 |顯示全部帖子
ljsze,
I also don't understand the short vowel and long vowel sound but Preston won't tell me the difference(on purpose:evil: ). Maybe I should take some Letterland course to learn in order to teach him.
What kind of clippings are that?

發表於 07-9-7 00:33 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Lydia & ljsze,

Be honest, it will be a bit difficult for the kids to distinguish between short and long vowel sound at the beginning. For the short vowel "a", it should be pronounced as "are" (** short sound only). For the long vowel "a", it should be pronounced as letter "A". If you can understand this, you can help the kid to finish the worksheet. Examples for short vowel: Apple, Ant, arrow and examples for long vowel: April, age & alligator.

Actually, I have already accompanied my elder girl to learn phonics for 5 years. I can see how she can get benefit when applying phonics to read story books by herself and do unseen dictation. Let's keep up and work close with our kids.

晞晴媽咪

發表於 07-9-7 10:22 |顯示全部帖子
Lydia, Hei Ching's mommi

Kids are so lucky today that many courses and programs are available for them to improve different skills.

發表於 07-9-10 09:55 |顯示全部帖子
Hei Ching's mommi

I notice that Hei Ching was not that happy this morning again & your helper had to stay with her in the classroom.

發表於 07-9-10 21:03 |顯示全部帖子
hi, moms,
Have you seen the photos in the school gallery? It looked that they had fun and did learn something from the outing today. Actually I planned to take him to the dentist soon (b4 they arrange this visit). So it's good that Preston knows about the dentist, he won't be too scared when we go.

發表於 07-9-11 01:22 |顯示全部帖子
Hi ljsze,

Thanks for telling me that Hei Ching was not happy on Monday morning. Usually, Hei Ching wants my helper to stay with her for a while in the classroom on Monday and 扭計. Maybe she feels sleepy on Monday or day after holiday. I will ask my helper on this.

Hi Lydia,

Even I am very sleepy but I still scan through all the beautiful pictures that they took during the outing. The kids were very excited and happy for this event. Hei Ching also talked a lot tonight.

晞晴媽咪