密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 學之園幼稚園(昇御海逸) 07-08學之園(海逸校)K2
樓主: LydiaWong
go

07-08學之園(海逸校)K2

發表於 07-8-21 18:40 |顯示全部帖子
Lydia, ljsze,

Choi Kai Yau is a popular school.  The curriculum they adopted is in-house designed for lower levels and the school will use the British National curriculum and will follow the IB programme in higher levels.

發表於 07-8-22 00:29 |顯示全部帖子
Hi LydiaWong,

May I know if Preston is now learning piano with private session (1:1) or in small group ? Is the progress OK ? I have asked my elder's piano teacher in summer holiday when Hei Ching can start learning. She replied Hei Ching is too small and her concentration span is too short. That's why I postpone it to 6 months later.

晞晴媽咪

發表於 07-8-22 10:45 |顯示全部帖子
Hei Ching mommi

Hei Ching seemed not that happy this morning.  What's the problem ?

Lydia

Wait & see if Preston will keep learning piano.  It's fine if he does not enjoy that much.  We can't really push.  May pick other instrument for him.  Nonetheless, I think it's great that Preston can play a song.

Doris

As you are a teacher, aren't you the best resource for school selection ?  Ha ha.  May we ask you more about different schools ?  Nonetheless, it's okay if you think not appropriate.  I know that somehow teacher's pt of view is different from parent's.

Dear All

Miss Lai called me again & we talked a lot about the kid.  Unlike Miss Cheng, she talks more about areas for improvement.  She may not present it in a pleasant way but it's good to know so that we can work together to help the child grow.  Btw, I have the feeling that Miss Lai do have expectation from the kid.

發表於 07-8-22 13:07 |顯示全部帖子
Does anyone know how to let our chat title be listed automatically to P.1 once anyone is responding ?

發表於 07-8-22 13:17 |顯示全部帖子
ljsze,
I also feel that Miss Lai has expectations to the kids as well. Mr. Shawn called me yesterday and told me Preston was getting used to whole day class now. He's also impressed with Preston's English level. He's nice(and cute ).
I'll let Preston continue piano lesson at the meantime coz he's playing Ok despite that he doesn't practice much. Will wait and see what's his interest is.

Hei Ching mom,
Preston attended Parson at age of 2 1/2 but he did not perform well. So last year, I let him try 1:1 piano class and he was OK. The lesson is 30min and he's fine. Preston can read the notes and play a whole song by himself, only that it's not fluent coz he doesn't practice much. I think girl should be better, you can let Hei Ching try.
http://www.studio123.hk/onlinealbum/2008-02-03/preston.html

發表於 07-8-22 13:31 |顯示全部帖子
ljsze,

I know more about secondary schools than primary schools.  However, some of my colleagues' husbands or wives work in primary schools and they can provide more information.  If you want to know more about a particular school, just let me know.

BTW, I think teachers' expectation from a kid will change when they get older.  It's good if the teacher can let parents know his or her expectation and the parents will know what to do.

Lydia,

Have you decided how to reschedule Preston's interest classes?  Brian used to have Kumon Math class on Saturday afternoon but I will change the time to weekday afternoon next month.

發表於 07-8-22 13:36 |顯示全部帖子
ljsze,

I guess baby-kingdom has rearranged the chatrooms.  I used to click 全港幼稚園 --> 九龍城區 --> 學之園.... to get to this chat room.

發表於 07-8-22 15:05 |顯示全部帖子
Lydia

ECA for Sept onward should more or less be fixed.  Better enrol asap.

Doris

Thanks for your kindness. Once I come across any school that I'd like to know more, I will raise it up.

發表於 07-8-22 22:17 |顯示全部帖子
ljsze,
Thanks for your reminder. Just need to find the time to do it. Actually there is no rush, it's good if he can start in Sept, otherwise, later is fine too.

Doris,
Please do share with us about school info. Which day will you change the Kumon class? Preston used to go on Tuesday. Will Cheuk Yan change as well? Why do you want to change the Sat class? Any other class for Brian on Sat?

發表於 07-8-23 00:22 |顯示全部帖子
Hi ljsze,

Thanks for telling that Hei Ching was not happy this morning. Since her sister did not go with her to the kindergarten, maybe she felt a bit sad. Even they 'fight' for toys, story books, TV programmes every day, I can sure they love & miss each other in heart. he he.... Since my elder one is still enjoying her summer holiday, Hei Ching sometimes does not willing to go to school because she wants to play with her sister at home. Hope the situation can be improved starting from September.

Hi Lydia,

Thanks for your sharing and happy to know that Preston can play a song by recognizing the notes. He is only a K2 boy. Hei Ching loves singing but not really interested in playing piano. Anyway, will let her to try after Christmas.

Hi all,

Just want to know if your kids can handle the homework well every day. In K1, my girl enjoyed doing her homework and finished them happily. However, I find that Hei Ching does not really like the writing homework. Sometimes, she refuses to write the words for more than 10 times and shows a sad face to me. I will try to give her some encouragement and ask my elder to give me a hand. See if the situation can be improved later.....

晞晴媽咪

發表於 07-8-23 10:34 |顯示全部帖子
Hei Ching mommi

I understand that.  We all know that having siblings is much better than single child in the family.

I can understand why Hei Ching does not like 'copy book'.  It's quite boring to write the same character over & over again.  Davin had been sick for a few days.  I saw 2 copy books in the folder & I tried to ask him finish both & he also refused to do so.  Agree that encouragement is important.

Did Miss Lai or Mr Shawn call you to discuss about Hei Ching ?

Lydia

I know Preston can recognize many English words.  Is there any way to help him ?

Dear All

I will enrol Davin for Enopi math.  This is quite new.  Having seen the methodology & the content, I would like to give it a try.

發表於 07-8-23 13:12 |顯示全部帖子
Hei Ching mom,
I'm sure Hei Ching will love piano once she starts coz most girls like music.

ljsze,
I have no idea why he knows all the English words. He just loves reading. He reads when he's eating (need to discourage this), in the toilet (poopoo ), b4 going to bed...Recently he is interested in reading the guide book(for parents) of the DWE books. There are 180 pages with small words and he just keeps reading and reading. I find them boring to read and I've never read them. Sometimes he doen't want to sleep and would bargin to read more. I guess he learns his english from reading.
I learnt about Enopi math at the bookfair and seems the method is quite good. Let us know the effect.

All,
I'm not sure if Preston likes to do the writing homework. I just check them when I get home. He finishes them b4 I get home. I need to ask my maid about this.

[ 本文章最後由 LydiaWong 於 07-8-23 13:13 編輯 ]

發表於 07-8-23 13:35 |顯示全部帖子
Lydia

That's what we say practice makes perfect.  No wonder Preston is good at word recognition.

發表於 07-8-23 18:05 |顯示全部帖子
Dear all,

Brian didn't refuse to do the copy books but he just wanted to finish them as soon as possible so he could play afterwards.  

Lydia,

Both Cheuk Yan's Mom and I think that the Whampoa Kumon centre is a bit far away.  It takes us 15-20 minutes to get there.  We plan to let Cheuk Yan and Brian change to the centre in Fisherman's Wharf.  However, the only time slot available for kinder kids is Tuesday afternoon.

發表於 07-8-23 21:59 |顯示全部帖子
Hi ljsze,

I still have not received any phone call from Miss Lai & Mr. Shawn. Maybe I will give her a call next week. Actually, I am terribly busy recently for my work and can only back home after 9:00 p.m.. That's why I turn crazy when Hei Ching tries to finish her homework slowly......I can hardly imagine my life when my elder back to school next month.

Hi all,

Any comments for the English Courses offered by British Council ? especially those for kindergarten kids.

晞晴媽咪

發表於 07-8-23 22:10 |顯示全部帖子
Hi, moms,
I asked my maid and she said Preston could finish the homework fast. Actually I want to develop a habit that he finishes all the homework by himself and when I come home, I just need to check them. Hope this can last till primary school.

Doris,
Do you take the shuttle bus to Kumon? I think the one in Whampoa is good cos they have lots of students and have story time for youger kids. Of course the one in Fisherman's Wharf is much closer. Better ask about the quality of teachers b4 you make a change.

Hei Ching mom,
I want to know about the BC too. What kind of English course are you interested in? My collegue's daughter had taken courses there but that was a few years ago. Also, I'm thinking of Star Gallery. Need to go and check.

[ 本文章最後由 LydiaWong 於 07-8-23 22:12 編輯 ]

發表於 07-8-23 22:14 |顯示全部帖子
Hei Ching's Mom,

I can understand how stressful it is to take care of kids and work at the same time.  However, I think Hei Ching will soon change in Sept, when her sister has to do homework everyday with her.

For the English course, is there any special area that you want of focus on?  phonics? oral? ......

發表於 07-8-24 00:20 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Lydia,

Please help me to give a big thumb to Preston as he is doing well for his study. If he can develop a habit to finish all the homework by himself during kindergarten, he can custom to primary school life in a short time. "Add Oil"....

I am interested in this English course offered by British Council. However, it seems that I have missed the enrollment deadline. Maybe I will check the schedule again and help my girl to apply for next term.

http://www.britishcouncil.org/hongkong-english-young-learner-kindergarten-3.htm

Hi Doris,

Thanks for the kind words. BTW, I don't have a specific target / area for the English courses. hm......oral may be better and can enhance the communication skill for Hei Ching to face the P1 interview. Any good suggestion ?

晞晴媽咪

[ 本文章最後由 晞晴媽咪 於 07-8-24 00:24 編輯 ]

發表於 07-8-24 15:59 |顯示全部帖子
Doris

I can’t believe that it takes 15-20 mins getting to from LV to Whampoa.

Hei Ching mommi

Maybe your girl does not have any problem & that’s why the teachers haven’t called you.
Of course, we may call them anytime.
And, Doris is very right that it will get better when both of your kids have to do homework.
I don’t know if the course of BC is good but it’s quite popular.

What a busy work life you’ve got ?

Lydia

Good to see that Preston has got the initiative to finish homework.
For Davin, whenever he goes to my mom’s home every Wed/Thur, he finishes homework by himself.
For other days, he’ll wait for me.
I don’t understand why.

發表於 07-8-24 16:02 |顯示全部帖子
test.

[ 本文章最後由 ljsze 於 07-8-24 21:42 編輯 ]