Definitely VSA. The quality of the teachers and curriculum at VSA is better

作者: wenwan    時間: 13-3-23 23:48     標題: 回覆:kafool 的帖子

VSA

作者: lambcow    時間: 13-5-5 00:10

Definitely KCIS
作者: Brenday    時間: 13-5-5 11:15

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
作者: Littleho    時間: 13-5-5 13:13     標題: 回覆:VSA or Kcis

Strictly speaking , one cannot compare apple with orange . KCIS is an international school with number of locals capped to a certain ratio and it is a non-profit organization . On the other hand , VSA is a local school with a PIS license . VSA can accept as many locals as they want and it is a profit organization

作者: poonseelai    時間: 13-5-5 17:47

Littleho 發表於 13-5-5 13:13
Strictly speaking , one cannot compare apple with orange . KCIS is an international school with numb ...

Hi Littleho

Where do you get the information that VSA is a profit organisation?

作者: Littleho    時間: 13-5-5 18:25     標題: 回覆:VSA or Kcis

Search EMB

作者: Littleho    時間: 13-5-5 18:42     標題: 回覆:VSA or Kcis

Sorry , I made mistake . In the education department website , it only shows VSA is a private school

作者: shadeslayer    時間: 13-5-5 22:19

本帖最後由 shadeslayer 於 13-5-5 22:20 編輯
Littleho 發表於 13-5-5 13:13
Strictly speaking , one cannot compare apple with orange . KCIS is an international school with numb ...

I don't know the number of locals is capped at a certain percentage for IS, eg YCIS and Kingston are official IS in teh strictest sense and yet their Chinese/locals student ratio is very high (>70%).

The rule that governs PIS including VSA/CKY/RC/DC etc is >70% HK residents.  Not sure how to define HK residents.

作者: slamai    時間: 13-5-6 00:23

回復 Littleho 的帖子

VSA is under the private independent school scheme of EDB while KCIS is a conventional private school according to EDB.
作者: shadeslayer    時間: 13-5-6 01:29     標題: 引用:回復+Littleho+的帖子 VSA+is+under+the+p

原帖由 slamai 於 13-05-06 發表
回復 Littleho 的帖子

VSA is under the private independent school scheme of EDB while KCIS is a conv ...
KCIS appears in every government documents (that i have seen) which talk about international  schools and international education in HK.  So KCIS is not just a private school. It is an IS.

作者: Littleho    時間: 13-5-6 12:50     標題: 回覆:VSA or Kcis

I thought Yew Chung is licensed under PIS

作者: slamai    時間: 13-5-7 00:16

回復 shadeslayer 的帖子

My understanding of international schools is a concept rather than a definition as there are different criteria in categorising schools.  I was in fact referring to EDB's webpages below previously:
http://applications.edb.gov.hk/schoolsearch/schoolinfo.aspx?langno=1&scrn=132730000223 (KCIS)
http://applications.edb.gov.hk/schoolsearch/schoolinfo.aspx?langno=1&scrn=560138000223 (VSA)

作者: shadeslayer    時間: 13-5-7 01:52     標題: 引用:回復+shadeslayer+的帖子 My+understandin

原帖由 slamai 於 13-05-07 發表
回復 shadeslayer 的帖子

My understanding of international schools is a concept rather than a defini ...
That is the local primary of KC, not the IS. There are two schools.

作者: nintendo    時間: 13-5-7 08:44     標題: 引用:I+thought+Yew+Chung+is+licensed+under+PI

原帖由 Littleho 於 13-05-06 發表
I thought Yew Chung is licensed under PIS
YCIS is definitely an IS.
I think the main reason a school chose to be PIS because of funding reasons. PIS get funds from the government and has to promise to take >70% local residents.
On the other hand, IS are self funding (except ESF), so no such binding condition.
I suggest parents choose schools according to curriculum rather than legal definition.
For instance, DBS is also offering IBDP which is an international curriculum. CKY is also a lot more "international" than YCIS in terms of culture.

作者: poonseelai    時間: 13-5-7 09:11

nintendo 發表於 13-5-7 08:44
YCIS is definitely an IS.
I think the main reason a school chose to be PIS because of funding reason ...
VSA is a PIS, but apart from the funds to build the campus, it does not get any recurring funding from the government.

作者: nintendo    時間: 13-5-7 09:14     標題: 引用:Quote:nintendo+發表於+13-5-7+08:44+YCIS+

原帖由 poonseelai 於 13-05-07 發表
VSA is a PIS, but apart from the funds to build the campus, it does not get any recurring funding fr ...
Funding for campus what I wanted to say.
And because of the funding, schools have restrictions in taking students.

作者: poonseelai    時間: 13-5-7 09:25

nintendo 發表於 13-5-7 09:14
Funding for campus what I wanted to say.
And because of the funding, schools have restrictions in t ...

What about IS getting school campus from the government?  Does this count as funding?
作者: nintendo    時間: 13-5-7 09:29     標題: 回覆:VSA or Kcis

What is your view then?
The policy and rules of PIS is clear. May be if you are keen you challenge the government?
I think getting the land and funds to build a campus is different from loaning a vacant building ( if that is what u meant)?

作者: poonseelai    時間: 13-5-7 09:37

I am simply asking as I do not know the answer.  I agree with your view that parents should look at the cirriculum and not the form.
作者: shadeslayer    時間: 13-5-7 23:35

CKY is also a lot more "international" than YCIS in terms of culture.

xxxxxx

What did you say that?  From what perspective?  Students, faculty, curriculum?
作者: shadeslayer    時間: 13-5-7 23:36

I don't understand.  ESF's DC/RC are PIS and yet they don't get any funding for building the school therefore they need to charge construction levy.
作者: slamai    時間: 13-5-8 23:12

回復 shadeslayer 的帖子

I have picked this one among KCS's registrations with EDB because it is the only one with the web link to KCIS.  I can't find any school registration in EDB with the name KCIS.  Maybe you can enlighten me KCIS's registration with EDB then.
作者: Littleho    時間: 13-5-8 23:17     標題: 回覆:VSA or Kcis

http://www.edb.gov.hk/attachment/en/student-parents/ncs-students/overview/Hyperlinks%20to%20International%20Schools%20and%20ESF%20Schools%20in%20Hong%20Kong%20(Sept%202012).pdf

作者: slamai    時間: 13-5-8 23:30

回復 Littleho 的帖子

While classified as international schools, these schools are registered as private schools with EDB according to its web search page:http://applications.edb.gov.hk/schoolsearch/schoolsearch.aspx?langno=1

作者: shadeslayer    時間: 13-5-8 23:37

or,

EBD Prospectus

歡迎光臨 教育王國 (/) Powered by Discuz! X1.5