教育王國

標題: Friday AM SC interview-- bad experience [打印本頁]

作者: lnp    時間: 11-11-4 22:24     標題: Friday AM SC interview-- bad experience

my daughter did well in pervious 4 interviews, but todays sc interview arrangement affected her performance.  line-up at  entrance, camplus and classroom.both um and daughter burnt out by the long queue time.
anyone have the same experience?
作者: edithlee    時間: 11-11-4 22:50

same as my son la
作者: lollipop2009    時間: 11-11-4 22:54

Same here.  It's hard for small kids to maintain their patience after more than half an hour waiting time.
作者: munchbobo    時間: 11-11-4 23:16

My advise is, don't queue up too early in front of the school gate, for instance, 0900 in, 0845 arrives, even 0850, then u can get in straightly to queue the real line up , in the campus :)
作者: whychan777    時間: 11-11-4 23:20

Good comment

原帖由 munchbobo 於 11-11-4 23:16 發表
My advise is, don't queue up too early in front of the school gate, for instance, 0900 in, 0845 arrives, even 0850, then u can get in straightly to queue the real line up , in the campus :)

作者: MiniCooperS    時間: 11-11-4 23:34

I think most of us had the same experience. After having the interview, I would say, I don't like the school. The campus is just suck! Old, very old! St. Cat is really not my cup of tea!
作者: BallBall417    時間: 11-11-4 23:56

我今曰in兩點,1:58到。直入學校,等咗5分鐘到就入課室攞表。全程半個鐘。大家真係唔洗早到,on time就得。
作者: MiniCooperS    時間: 11-11-5 00:01     標題: 回復 7# BallBall417 的帖子

你的時間應該係午飯後﹗我有朋友係早上一早in,都係唔需要等好耐﹗但其他時間,都係等,我係星期四in的,一共用咗90分鐘,in 1115,1100到,1230先走得﹗之後就無人,應該係lunch time。
作者: ong84    時間: 11-11-5 00:16

我都唔洗等好耐,不過學校考得幾深,可以話係最深個間,如果真係有小朋友答O岩晒,佢真係好叻
(係咁短時間同個完全無笑容既老師下)
作者: isakwok_1    時間: 11-11-5 00:26

Interestingly, my experience with SC was quite good. Ours was 3:15. We were 20 mins early. By the time we finished the interview, it's 3:15! Efficient!

The flow is smooth. Except a little bit of walk within the campus, the whole experience was good.

The most difficult one should be the drawing/picture in my view. There are too many things in the pic and little kids simply have difficulty locating small objects in such a big picture.
作者: ong84    時間: 11-11-5 00:34

agree, the picture too many thing inside. And the compared picture also difficult for little kids.
作者: waffle    時間: 11-11-5 00:40

we need to wait for long for the PTH session, I think they have forget about us.
作者: lnp    時間: 11-11-5 01:15

1. my daughter answered 90% qestions correctly, but she lost her patience during the waiting time. One teacher shown a long face.
複製代碼

作者: aylp88    時間: 11-11-5 02:27     標題: 回覆 1# lnp 的文章

I didn't wait for long, however, the environment not very good, the first section we were inside the room with four tables,  each table had five kids with five parents, my god, 40 inside, my son really no patient with playing the blocks already,
Then, the interview was suck also, with the long face Indian, my son already wanted to go away, but I tried to comfort him,
The picture and butterfly choosing were not piece of cake, my son just ignore haha!!

The PTH section was fantastic,
mandarin teacher was nice, smile and pleasant!
Anyway, no good, SC experience! Imaging my son is small boy!
作者: wh0709    時間: 11-11-5 06:35

My son interviewed by Chinese teacher (state Cantonese on the form), she is patient to guide my kid, lucky.
作者: hangyodon    時間: 11-11-5 06:44

咁既學校真係收咗都唔好讀
如果返咗學之後小朋友唔開心你會好後悔
你當冇報過SC,收到信都唔好睇
作者: himuimui    時間: 11-11-5 08:13

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
作者: login_mc    時間: 11-11-5 08:14

what form you have to take??

原帖由 himuimui 於 11-11-5 08:13 發表
My experience is not bad. Mine is 10:45am so I arrival at 10:30am and no need to wait outside the school, just go stright in.  And line up to get the form. I see those foreign teachers is nice ...

作者: himuimui    時間: 11-11-5 08:18

作者: lnp    時間: 11-11-5 08:18

1. think 1030-1130 time slot sucks.
  2. They can't  digest the long queue, and made a bottleneck before going in classroom.

3. Yes, forget it. They did not consider kids, and i will go for kv.
  4. Kv logistics flow is quite good.
複製代碼

作者: 小wahB    時間: 11-11-5 12:06

我都等咗好耐, 9am in, 8:50 去到, 分開兩條龍, 我哋去龍尾排 9:00 條隊, 慢慢排到去門口都要10min. 入到去繼續排, 沿路有D小朋友作品睇吓, 跟住再一變三條隊, 等入去攞form, 攪咗成半個鐘有多,原本興致勃勃, 到開始話要走!
攞完Form再等多10幾min先去玩lego, 間房好逼, 逼到阿囡拉唔到張椅子出來,結果着住條裙Climb入去
剛坐低,老師就來點名,阿囡冇彩佢...
作者: lukimama    時間: 11-11-5 12:35

My feeling was the NET are nicer than those non-NET. the Chinese teacher interviewed my kid with long face, and my kid was a bit afraid and spoke in soft voice. I think the interviewers are one of the key points whether the kid can perform well. Some interviewers will guide the kids and speak in nice tone to the kids (not the way/ tone that you speak to an adult). Mine was not good, just showed long face, and asked in plain tone.
I found that the interview waiting time is shorter if your interview is scheduled in the pm session.  Anyway, the waiting time is acceptable, within one hour, of course some kindergartens even better within 30 min. The ways that SC organized is not perfect but acceptable, at least on the way there are many toys and artworks for the kids to play around. I think parents are playing an important role during the waiting time. They need to keep playing with the kids and maintain their good mood.
作者: 3pigmama    時間: 11-11-5 12:38

I have attended a few interviews with my child and I found the arrangement of SX is really poor!

I arrived at 11:00 for the interview arranged at 11:15. But finally, we got the interview at 12:15 !!!!!   How come!  We spent an hour to wait outside and inside, keep queuing up and queuing up.   

When I had interviewed with St Nicholas, SJC, York , we only need to wait for 10 to 15 mins.  

Also, the Cantonese teacher was not very nice to the children in my table.
作者: j-mum    時間: 11-11-5 14:47

原帖由 waffle 於 11-11-5 00:40 發表
we need to wait for long for the PTH session, I think they have forget about us.

Same same!!!!! I have been waited for 45mins before we had interview...my daughter had been very patient, yet, after she got into the classroom and waited for 10 mins seeing the teachers playing with other kids, she started to loose control and begging to play with teachers!! At that moment, I saw some teachers noticed her and was showing their "dark" face!
作者: j-mum    時間: 11-11-5 14:51

原帖由 isakwok_1 於 11-11-5 00:26 發表
Interestingly, my experience with SC was quite good. Ours was 3:15. We were 20 mins early. By the time we finished the interview, it's 3:15! Efficient!

The flow is smooth. Except a little bit of walk ...

Isakwok_1,
May I know which date was your interview? Thanks!
作者: lnp    時間: 11-11-5 14:54

J-mum
我的情
作者: j-mum    時間: 11-11-5 14:56

原帖由 waffle 於 11-11-5 00:40 發表

Yes, they ignored us too!  cos for those who came with us, they got interviews earlier than us.....for those who came AFTER us, they go interviews earlier than us too!!
作者: lnp    時間: 11-11-5 14:57

我跟j-mum差不多
可能跟sc無缘
作者: bearcat2003    時間: 11-11-5 14:59

原帖由 MiniCooperS 於 11-11-4 23:34 發表
I think most of us had the same experience. After having the interview, I would say, I don't like the school. The campus is just suck! Old, very old! St. Cat is really not my cup of tea!

以校舍是否"舊"來批判一間學校,
實在......
這樣為孩子建立了甚麼價值觀?
作者: j-mum    時間: 11-11-5 15:01

原帖由 lnp 於 11-11-5 14:57 發表
我跟j-mum差不多
可能跟sc無缘

I think our kid have given their best already. It's not easy for kid to keep their paitent for 45mins!!!  It's not 15mins, come on!!
作者: fatty64    時間: 11-11-5 16:48

i think i am quite lucky, cos the whole process for interview was only 20-30 mins including waiting time...

i just arrive 10 mins earlier n i can enter the school directly along the queue!

we waited for around 10 mins to enter the playroom ~ but its ok cos many kids around us n my son was very happy ~

the NET was very nice n keep saying well done to my son though my son actually did not do what she asked !

I like the school quite much, i dun think the school is very old...

btw, i know its very cruel to ask the little kids to wait for so long , last time i waited for TWO hours in stafford , i think its ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
作者: miio    時間: 11-11-5 19:50

我就早5-10mins去到, 成個過程around35mins, 不過, 佢地既安排真係有D亂!
作者: joyce1024    時間: 11-11-5 19:56

講得沒錯!
另有一些說因小朋友易沒耐性也不見認同,有些小孩夠專注、不怕等、雖要長時間熱身、熟習環境才可發揮最好表現。各人性格不同,而且面試這一類學校有大部份實屬彩數,所以平常心吧!不需因有不好的經驗而對該校給予負面評價,這樣對學校實在太不公平了。

原帖由 bearcat2003 於 11-11-5 14:59 發表

以校舍是否"舊"來批判一間學校,
實在......
這樣為孩子建立了甚麼價值觀?

作者: byc6    時間: 11-11-5 20:07

My interview time was 8:45am in the morning, and we waited for quite a while outside the school, but once we got it, the flow wasn't too bad.  We finished at 9:15am.  My son did okay in the group interview and the Cantonese section, but was very responsive in the Mandarin part.  I like the Mandarin teacher as she's very encouraging, friendly and positive.
作者: lnp    時間: 11-11-5 20:24

to be fair, i think sc is a good school.
But i am surprised that they made 2-3 year old kids wait 30-60min.
There is room for improvement
作者: j-mum    時間: 11-11-5 21:12

原帖由 lnp 於 11-11-5 20:24 發表
to be fair, i think sc is a good school.
But i am surprised that they made 2-3 year old kids wait 30-60min.
There is room for improvement

Total agree!  I believe SC is good otherwise I won't give it a try.  Yet the feeling of being ignored during the interview is really bad.  Of course, I must say it is really difficult for the school to handle such a big crowd, yet it wasn't their first time for them.  

I also agreed the saying that we need to be LUCKY in interviews.  In fact, we need to be lucky in everything....haha....cheers mate!
作者: mister    時間: 11-11-5 21:39

原帖由 bearcat2003 於 11-11-5 14:59 發表

以校舍是否"舊"來批判一間學校,
實在......
這樣為孩子建立了甚麼價值觀?

Well said!
作者: mister    時間: 11-11-5 21:50

我不是有很多interview 經驗,但去年in PN, 及今年in 了幾間K 都有些是要等半小時或以上。但不會用呢樣嘢來judge 間學校,話人地唔consider D 細路, etc.

小朋友等吓,唔耐煩梗有啦!去in 呢d 有名氣d 嘅就預咗。家長之前自己都要準備會有呢種情況,帶定嘢entertain 自己個小朋友啦!
作者: godbaby    時間: 11-11-5 22:29

i went today at 2pm, went there at 1:55 and already can get in.  The interview process is very smooth, just around 20 mins!  I think the teacher is being very efficient. if my kids didnt' answer the questions correctly, then she just turned to the next questions. i don't need to encourage my kids at all, bc no chance is given for me to explain to my kid. the teacher is rushing for the next question already.

Good luck to those all smart kids and parents, add oil!!
作者: alibabah    時間: 11-11-5 23:56

The experience in St Cat was not bad, 不過我覺得佢問得咁深都ok既, 至少好過Keen Mind 真係太淺, 妳反而驚佢係咁"依", 留晒位俾Nursery 班或者有affiliation 的小朋友. 不過強中自有強中手, 你覺得答到唔少問題咩, 人地大B仲答得多呀, 好似我咁八月或打後出世既係唔抵架咯!
作者: bcbcmama    時間: 11-11-6 01:47

after my expereience with SC and KV on Friday, i'm quite sure that SC is not my cup of tea. The actual interview process took less than 10 minutes but we spent almost an hour just to wait in different lines, eg. standing on the street with the bright sun and hot temperature, waiting at the "covered" playground with just a small fan for air circulation, sitting in different classrooms packed with people. Also, during this long waiting time, there was almost nothing interesting for the kids to spend their time, purely testing the tolerance of both the kids as well as the parents. So some children got tired after the long wait and hot temperature and started to cry. The worst thing was even after the long wait, the teachers didn't really show interest in the interview, rather it feels like they want to get the "work" done. When one of the teachers brought the birthday picture over and asked the children to sing together, she didn't smile at all or didn't even bother to get the children attention first. Her voice was so soft that none of the children at the table can hear or even notice her (may be because there are too many people/noices in the room). After she sang her song (all by herself), she just walked away. Anyway, I felt the entire interview arrangement was not so good. If a school is really good and cares about the children's well-being and there are so many applicants, then they should have split up the interview into more days rather than trying to make a scene on the street to "show" many people waiting outside the school.   After this experience, I was quite surprised how highly SC was ranked, especially if you saw the number of "black-face" mother inside the school and the "black-face" father waiting outside under the sun

I'm not sure how many people are applying for SC and KV, but the interview arrangement at KV is definitely better and the whole process was smooth

作者: lnp    時間: 11-11-6 01:52

yes, KV is better in the interview arrangement.
作者: j-mum    時間: 11-11-6 02:04

原帖由 mister 於 11-11-5 21:50 發表
我不是有很多interview 經驗,但去年in PN, 及今年in 了幾間K 都有些是要等半小時或以上。但不會用呢樣嘢來judge 間學校,話人地唔consider D 細路, etc.

小朋友等吓,唔耐煩梗有啦!去in 呢d 有名氣d 嘅就預咗。家長之前自 ...

咁你等得耐唔耐呀?
作者: MiniCooperS    時間: 11-11-6 02:19

原帖由 bcbcmama 於 11-11-6 01:47 發表
after my expereience with SC and KV on Friday, i'm quite sure that SC is not my cup of tea. The actual interview process took less than 10 minutes but we spent almost an hour just to wait in different ...

This is also why I said SC is not my cup of tea, not really because of the campus.

I am sure KV got as many application as SC did. But the ways they arranged the interview are just totally different.

Everybody knows kids dun have much patience. But SC made the applicants wait under the heat of the sun. Small kids needs to move around, but there is nowhere they can move. If there is no space to move around, at least try to do something to entertain the kids. I saw many parents had to withdraw from the long queue only because their kids were screaming. I am sure that SC has the ability to do much much better. Or may be this is just another trick SC tried to do to minimize the number of applicants. I had 8 interviews over the past 3 weeks, the arrangement of SC is really the worst.

KV's arrangement is good, just cut it short. Skip some unnecessary procedure, both kids and parents would appreciate that.

I really found no reason why we have to spend more than 1 hour to wait for an interview which last for less than 10 minutes.
作者: mister    時間: 11-11-6 12:57

原帖由 j-mum 於 11-11-6 02:04 發表

咁你等得耐唔耐呀?

In 10:30. 我 10am到,成11:30am 先走到。我們in 英文,在waiting room 等了好耐。不過見網上comment 話上年都要等,我都預了要等。

好在in 我們的外籍老師都幾friendly 。之後出了課室門外兩個外籍老師都揮晒手say bye。
作者: cain8l    時間: 11-11-6 14:56

My daughter interview at 10:45 and we got there at 10:42 and left the school 11:15 not bad ! English interview too no pht.
作者: mister    時間: 11-11-6 15:09

We waited in the waiting room for quite a while, I think they have missed out the row that we were at..
作者: 史科菲    時間: 11-11-6 15:29

我覺得在室內(有蓋操場)等候時, 有機會影響小朋友, 一來陌生, 二來比較暗, 三來有其他小朋友喊OR想走, 好容易影響到, 而且大人都好緊張, 未必關校舍事.  

九龍塘芳芳都殘, 不過所有小朋友INTERVIEW前都玩得幾開心.  

我認為"等" 呢個問題都考起家長同小朋友.

[ 本帖最後由 史科菲 於 11-11-6 15:31 編輯 ]
作者: godbaby    時間: 11-11-7 00:34

definitely agree with bcibcmama...

And i really don't like the way they asks kids  questions while they're playing lego....

Kids couldn't not even hear what the teacher said...

If they want to ask kids question in a group, they should tell them to clean up the toys first and then pay full attention to the teacher.

Afterall, i agree that KV interview procedure is better than SC.
作者: j-mum    時間: 11-11-7 02:27

原帖由 mister 於 11-11-6 12:57 發表

In 10:30. 我 10am到,成11:30am 先走到。我們in 英文,在waiting room 等了好耐。不過見網上comment 話上年都要等,我都預了要等。......籍老師都揮晒手say bye ...

你等得仲耐過我!加埋你早到半個鐘,你哋咪等咗一個等鐘?!好佩服!你小朋友點可以咁有忍耐力嘅呢?我當然都帶咗不少玩具/書仔俾個女可以靜靜玩,入到老師房前十幾分鐘都很受控,之後佢就越諗越想同老師玩,就開始失控,我盡力安撫之下還算可以靜下來,最激氣係遲過我入嗰個家長都見咗,我哋都未有得!之後又發生老師叫名但無人認嘅情況,似乎係因為文件出了亂子!

我只係想問:
1)咁我哋為乜要排隊呢?入班房先又唔係面試先?流程上有明顯改善空間。
2)點解當日先花大家時間去排隊交出世紙,而唔早係入表時就收妥?
3)  點解有些人20分鐘完,有啲要等1個鐘?如果SC要用等去測試各位小朋友嘅話,就應該限定每位小朋友都等1個鐘呀嗎!

我想我同SC都係無緣㗎啦!希望你個小朋友得啦!
作者: lnp    時間: 11-11-7 08:25

j -mum
Are u 1045 ?
作者: j-mum    時間: 11-11-7 10:46

原帖由 lnp 於 11-11-7 08:25 發表
j -mum
Are u 1045 ?

Mine was 0915. Around 10:05 interview start.
作者: lnp    時間: 11-11-7 10:55

Surprised
0915 Suposed is a good time slot

,Anyway, i still think sc is a good school, but the logistics flow beat my daughter
This is life and lets focus on coming interviews
作者: spaghettishum    時間: 11-11-7 11:08

作者: yoyo-mother    時間: 11-11-7 12:53

原帖由 j-mum 於 11-11-7 02:27 發表

你等得仲耐過我!加埋你早到半個鐘,你哋咪等咗一個等鐘?!好佩服!你小朋友點可以咁有忍耐力嘅呢?我當然都帶咗不少玩具/書仔俾個女可以靜靜玩,入到老師房前十幾分鐘都很受控,之後佢就越諗越想同老師玩,就開始失控,我盡力安撫之 ...

Last year , my daughter's interview is on a rainy day . I try my best to keep her wait by using candy , pictures around the campus , etc....
Total time is about 1 hr .
I think it may be part of the test to find out patient parents . Don't just blame the school for poor arrangement . keep yourself patient and happy during interview . This can affect your kids .
Good hope also need to wait for long time to inteview . try your best in the following interviews.
作者: gothiccsco    時間: 11-11-7 15:41

Did any daddy or mommy know why a teacher come out in the first section(building blocks) to extract kids' attention to sing a birthday song?

thanks.
作者: himuimui    時間: 11-11-7 15:45

作者: hangyodon    時間: 11-11-7 15:59

我見第一part玩lego時有老師企係度mark分
我諗佢地有地小朋友反應比咗小小分.....但感覺90%分係面對面part 2度

當然, 我覺得家長background可能都佔唔少分....

原帖由 himuimui 於 11-11-7 15:45 發表
Will this part mark ?? My kid lost his control crying for too many kids stay in a small room and too noisy. When go inside for individual, he just miss to find things out from a beautiful pictures. Ho ...

作者: gothiccsco    時間: 11-11-7 16:01

原帖由 himuimui 於 11-11-7 15:45 發表
Will this part mark ?? My kid lost his control crying for too many kids stay in a small room and too noisy. When go inside for individual, he just miss to find things out from a beautiful pictures. Ho ...

I hope so too. And what is the point to extract kids' attention when I saw many kids were fully engaged in their block building.

I did not see any one was influenced, ie sang together with the teacher, as they were very concentrated. However, I did hear some parents sang so loud in other table!
作者: himuimui    時間: 11-11-7 16:10

作者: j-mum    時間: 11-11-7 16:13

Yoyo-mother,

Thanks for sharing!  Just have to be POSITIVE!

Let's finger-crossed on coming GoodHope interview!  I have high expectation on their interview arrangement as it seems quite different from last year.  

原帖由 yoyo-mother 於 11-11-7 12:53 發表

Last year , my daughter's interview is on a rainy day . I try my best to keep her wait by using candy , pictures around the campus , etc....
Total time is about 1 hr .
I think it may be part of the  ...

作者: j-mum    時間: 11-11-7 16:16

Hahaha... well, my friend got interviews on 8:30.  They used less than 30mins.  She can still send her gal to PN class which starts at 9 nearby SC.

原帖由 lnp 於 11-11-7 10:55 發表
Surprised
0915 Suposed is a good time slot

,Anyway, i still think sc is a good school, but the logistics flow beat my daughter
This is life and lets focus on coming interviews

作者: gothiccsco    時間: 11-11-7 16:27

原帖由 himuimui 於 11-11-7 16:10 發表
haha, maybe mine is middle shy and need to warm up B. He is Jul B.
In my table, I need to sit quite far away from my boy for it seem not enough chair. Whe he saw me walk away from him, he t ...

Me, too. I got a very unfavorable seat in the first session where I couldn’t have any eye contact with her. Hopefully we all can get what we want!
作者: waffle    時間: 11-11-7 16:39

after the Cantonese interview, we need to wait in the room for PTH interview, but they forget about us. We were waiting there for a long long time until no interviewer in the room and the teachers notice us and find someone outside to lead us to the PTH room for interview. But I am glad that my son is still doing ok when waiting, he was reading all the letter, pictures, words that he knows in the room.

歡迎光臨 教育王國 (/) Powered by Discuz! X1.5