教育王國

標題: ESF WKS kindergarden student but failed get offer from ESF primary school [打印本頁]

作者: AnGrydAdi    時間: 10-2-4 14:17     標題: ESF WKS kindergarden student but failed get offer from ESF primary school

did you apply other primary school?
it seems most of the intl schools are full

For lowest got offer ratio, will u complaint ESF?

Let's join together to issue the complaint...

[ 本帖最後由 AnGrydAdi 於 10-2-4 14:18 編輯 ]
作者: AnGrydAdi    時間: 10-2-4 15:12     標題: 回覆 1# AnGrydAdi 的文章

unbelievable, over 80% WKS k2 student can't get offer from ESF primary
作者: ic81473    時間: 10-2-4 15:24

AnGrydAdi,
I'm not sure the %, but i knew some kids didn't get offer fm ESF primary, some are on the waitlist......how u know this?
作者: AnGrydAdi    時間: 10-2-4 15:35     標題: 回覆 1# ic81473 的文章

Actually, I'm the one on waiting list. & most of kids in the class/wks be rejected offer.

that's why I create the name in BK to post the message
作者: c200    時間: 10-2-4 15:40

I really can't believe it, what's the point to get in WKS kinder......

Is this happens in WKS kinder only?
作者: tamm    時間: 10-2-4 15:42

Just out of curiosity, you are going to lodge the compliant to the kinder or to the primary?
作者: nintendo    時間: 10-2-4 15:49

I do not know where the misunderstanding came from but ESF kindergarten kids are only offered the priority to attend interview. ESF kindergardten kids are never guaranteed a place in ESF primary school. Kids still need to attend interview, and they need to PASS the interview. If the majority of WKS failed to get a seat, it means that the kids did not pass the interview.

WSK is a new school. I would not be surprised if all or most of WKS K2 kids transferred from local kindergartens. And with only 4 months with WKS, I would also not be surprised if these kids have not built up the English skills needed.
作者: ic81473    時間: 10-2-4 15:53

原帖由 AnGrydAdi 於 10-2-4 15:35 發表
Actually, I'm the one on waiting list. & most of kids in the class/wks be rejected offer.

that's why I create the name in BK to post the message

Is your child in class Red Robin?
作者: bakusensei    時間: 10-2-4 16:00

原帖由 AnGrydAdi 於 10-2-4 14:17 發表
did you apply other primary school?
it seems most of the intl schools are full

For lowest got offer ratio, will u complaint ESF?

Let's join together to issue the complaint...

v. shocked to hear that. did the kinder provide any explanation? is it becoz the kids only have a v. short time in ESF kinder (a few months only) before the interview?

How about RC? I recall the letter advising us to choose WKS ESF instead of TY ESF mentioned that RC would give priority to WKS ESF kids.

Hope u find the solution v. soon.
作者: bakusensei    時間: 10-2-4 16:05

原帖由 nintendo 於 10-2-4 15:49 發表
I do not know where the misunderstanding came from but ESF kindergarten kids are only offered the priority to attend interview. ESF kindergardten kids are never guaranteed a place in ESF primary schoo ...

thanks for your sharing. :)

but i m v. puzzled:

- some ppl said becoz of a newly opened ESF kinder, this yr, quite a no. of non-ESF kinder kids do not have the chance for interview in the first round (I recalled reading some sharing in BK on that and my fd's kid in Think also didn't ve the chance for KJS and RC).

- WKS ESF parent shared with us that the passing rate of the kinder to ESF primary is shockingly low.

then, where do the admitted kids come from?
作者: ic81473    時間: 10-2-4 16:13

I knew that there's no guarantee of place offer nor interview.  I have a little bit disappointed with this school......We changed the class & teacher after 1st term, how will our children get benefit fm this?
作者: AnGrydAdi    時間: 10-2-4 16:24     標題: 回覆 1# bakusensei 的文章

I'm not going to argue with BKer but I just want to tell the truth, most kids were transfer from famous intl kindergarden as well eg. kingston, yew chung, st. cat. ywca, ymca, david... and most of their previous kindergarden principal tell them don't tranfser to wks as their school got offer ratio very high as well... and they have very very high chance to get offer from ESF primary school as the (transfer) kids are outstanding. so principal don't want them leave as well.

the result as i knew, many many ywca, ymca, kingston, david... kids got SJS, RC offer few days ago as well and the percentage sure times higher than WKS.

No matter, Red R, P, C... all of them have same result that got quite good feedback from ESF primary school after the teachers of ESF primary school went to on site interview the kids.

I don't need ur guys believe me but if you go to WKS kindergarden, you will found the truth

At last, as I know some kids are going to transfer to other kindergarden in coming month due to unhappy with WKS
作者: bakusensei    時間: 10-2-4 16:33

原帖由 AnGrydAdi 於 10-2-4 16:24 發表
I'm not going to argue with BKer but I just want to tell the truth, most kids were transfer from famous intl kindergarden as well eg. kingston, yew chung, st. cat. ywca, ymca, david... and most of the ...

AnGrydAdi,

of course we believe in you. It's so sad the result is like that.

Did WKS ESF kinder provide any "extra" training to kids before the interview? I recalled some TY ESF parents shared the "enhancement program" in TY ESF K2 kids.

ve u tried JIS or HLY? i m not sure if they have closed the application yet.

hope u find the solution v. soon.
作者: play    時間: 10-2-4 16:51

??????

[ 本帖最後由 play 於 10-2-4 23:32 編輯 ]
作者: bakusensei    時間: 10-2-4 16:55

原帖由 AnGrydAdi 於 10-2-4 16:24 發表
I'm not going to argue with BKer but I just want to tell the truth, most kids were transfer from famous intl kindergarden as well eg. kingston, yew chung, st. cat. ywca, ymca, david... and most of the ...

AnGrydAdi,

my fd just sent in application to CAIS last wk. u may call to check if it still rec' application.

http://www.cais.edu.hk/modules/content/index.php?id=222

good luck!
作者: AnGrydAdi    時間: 10-2-4 17:20     標題: 回覆 2# play 的文章

the teachers from primary school directly instead of from kindergarden
作者: AnGrydAdi    時間: 10-2-4 17:22     標題: 回覆 4# bakusensei 的文章

JIS P1 is full and have 60 kids on waiting list...

they have 1 class only

one classmate of my son (before in WKS ESF k2) is studying in JIS
作者: AnGrydAdi    時間: 10-2-4 17:24     標題: 回覆 3# bakusensei 的文章

CAIS full as well and 1x kids waiting now

i don't know why all ppl send their kids to intl schl suddenly....

poor me... bad luck of my son
作者: bakusensei    時間: 10-2-4 17:34

原帖由 AnGrydAdi 於 10-2-4 17:24 發表
CAIS full as well and 1x kids waiting now

i don't know why all ppl send their kids to intl schl suddenly....

poor me... bad luck of my son

o no.

and play has kindly shared w/ us that WKS ESF is unlikely to offer K.3.

in that case, even if some parents plan to go back to local stream, ve to find a place for K.3.  will YMCA kinder still have seat for K.3?
作者: tamm    時間: 10-2-4 17:36

If your son is on waiting list, it means that he still has chance.   Hope you hear from the school soon.
作者: AnGrydAdi    時間: 10-2-4 17:48     標題: 回覆 2# bakusensei 的文章

ESF kindergarden don't have K3 provided.

while i don't know ymca/ywca
作者: AnGrydAdi    時間: 10-2-4 17:49     標題: 回覆 2# tamm 的文章

Hope so... thx
作者: AnGrydAdi    時間: 10-2-4 17:56     標題: 回覆 1# AnGrydAdi 的文章

From begin, why our parent choose ESF WKS kindergarden,

We believe they can provide better study environment for our kids

their teaching method should no difference with other ESF kindergarden.

ESF primary school highly accept ESF kindergarden study method and can seamless integrate to primary school

Good relationship between ESF kindergarden and primary school

(personal view) ESF kindergarden have priority to ESF primary school

Finally, all of us are TOTALLY  WRONG

[ 本帖最後由 AnGrydAdi 於 10-2-4 17:57 編輯 ]
作者: AnGrydAdi    時間: 10-2-4 18:02     標題: 回覆 1# AnGrydAdi 的文章

If i still have good memory and I'm not wrong,

I remember both SJS and RCHK's head told us kids not must use english to answer question and they don't want the kids who trained for interview.

That's why we follows the principal's instruction to play with our kids and let them have a relax environment to learn from play.

Finally, we found that WE ARE WRONG.

ESF Principals are you joking with us???
作者: ic81473    時間: 10-2-4 19:01

原帖由 AnGrydAdi 於 10-2-4 18:02 發表
If i still have good memory and I'm not wrong,

I remember both SJS and RCHK's head told us kids not must use english to answer question and they don't want the kids who trained for interview.

That' ...

I think we find another kinders for their K3 study is the best way we can do now..........
作者: waiwai123    時間: 10-2-4 19:17

Don't worry,except ESF still have good IS  in HK.
作者: myjasmine    時間: 10-2-4 21:22

anGrydAdi, pls check pm.
作者: nintendo    時間: 10-2-4 22:31

the result as i knew, many many ywca, ymca, kingston, david... kids got SJS, RC offer few days ago as well and the percentage sure times higher than WKS.

If it is really true that SJS and RC would not take certain WKS students but are offering places to YMCA or Kingston students instead, I believe they have their reasons. In a school point of view, I do not think SJS or RC would purposely reject WKS students. The only reason I can think of would be that the kids that were rejected did not pass the admission process.

Of course, if you can dig out effidence that WKS has in the pass provided false information to parents, so that parents have been misled into believing that ESF primary school has to provide places to all WKS students, then I believe you should file a complaint. Otherwise, I really do not see any grounds of your complaint.
作者: kongsun    時間: 10-2-4 22:31

I am also very very disappointed of ESF arrangement. We joined WKS this year just because we believed that the ESF kindergartener should be given the higher priority in its primary school. All my colleagues, their kids were admitted in ESF primary schools a few years ago had never encountered the problem of over-subscription. My daughter is not on the waitlist of BHS even though she was sucessful at interview. So ridiculous! So crazy! The no. of ESF primary schools are more than the kindergartens, how come there are insufficient places? My daughter's English is very outstanding that teacher's commented on her report that "she is a fluent English speaker that she can speak complicated English sentence". Just because we are Cat 2 without foreign passport that we are being neglected? Today, we sent applications to other international schools. Hope there will be some places available. My daughter can't u-turn to main stream school. I am deeply disappointed and angry with the ESF arrangement!
作者: anpanman    時間: 10-2-4 22:37

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
作者: BabaTed    時間: 10-2-4 22:42

作者: bearman5788    時間: 10-2-4 23:11

Did you talk to the principal yet?  But I heard from other parents that only 5 mins were arranged to discuss with principal and she only provided you a full list other IS's contacts, no use at all.

I don't want my son who is K1 at WKS to be the victim of next year.  As I know, there will have a performance for celebrating Lunar new year on next Friday and we can attend it and stay in school.  Don't you think we can deliver our concern to school on that day?  I think the ESF group does not want to raise this issue to public as we  can expect how big the negative impact to be on WKS.

I will seriously consider to withdraw my son from WKS if the school cannot fix this well.  

原帖由 AnGrydAdi 於 10-2-4 17:56 發表
From begin, why our parent choose ESF WKS kindergarden,

We believe they can provide better study environment for our kids

their teaching method should no difference with other ESF kindergarden.

ESF ...

作者: AnGrydAdi    時間: 10-2-4 23:20     標題: 回覆 1# bearman5788 的文章

talked to xxma and got a list of hk intl school.

what a good list!

I bet all of u should have this list before principal pass to you.

you should have the list when you choose apply WKS k2 or k1
作者: AnGrydAdi    時間: 10-2-4 23:23     標題: 回覆 4# anpanman 的文章

congratulations!

you are the first one who i heard got offer without sibling in RC
作者: CSJ安樂窩    時間: 10-2-4 23:24

Are you jumping into conclusion? By attending ESF Kinder, it only gives you 'priority' for an interview and NOT a place in ESF primary.  Also, in the guideline, it stated that admission in a ESF Kinder for at least 2 terms the kid can enjoy this 'priority' for an interview.  For this year's WKS kids, they have only attended the school for one term so that might be the reason that they are place lower in the ESF Kinder list.  This is just my guess but do remember, passing the screening interview is the key.
原帖由 bearman5788 於 10-2-4 23:11 發表
Did you talk to the principal yet?  But I heard from other parents that only 5 mins were arranged to discuss with principal and she only provided you a full list other IS's contacts, no use at all.

I ...

作者: bearman5788    時間: 10-2-4 23:35

hm....  I start to wonder how they pick the students.  how good the english level ur kid is?  Capable to communicate in english fluently?  And what did they do at interview?  Some people said there will have no chance if kid speaks one word of Cantonese during interview.  Is that true?

原帖由 AnGrydAdi 於 10-2-4 23:20 發表

what a good list!

you should have the list when you choose apply WKS k2 or k1 ...

作者: AnGrydAdi    時間: 10-2-4 23:36     標題: 回覆 1# CSJ安樂窩 的文章

it doesn't matter that kids join esf kindergarden 1 or 2 terms or more.

join 2 terms it won't teach you more than 2 terms' knowledge

k1 teach k1 knowledges, k2 as well

kids join in k2 should same as kids go up from k1 in kindergarden

i also think kindergarden have already screening our kids that the level should no much difference
作者: play    時間: 10-2-4 23:36

Don't blame on the principal. The decision is made by the primary school. It is the problem of
ESF Group. Not the WKS kindergarten, teachers, or any staffs.

原帖由 AnGrydAdi 於 10-2-4 23:20 發表

what a good list!

you should have the list when you choose apply WKS k2 or k1 ...

作者: bearman5788    時間: 10-2-4 23:40

no conclusion yet.  I raised my same concern to the class teacher during the parent meeting before and she just asked me to be relax, and said around 95% of the students can go straight to ESF school according to pass experiences.  Thus, I keep playing with son all the time without focusing the academic.  May be it is time to pick up the pencil with him again.....

原帖由 CSJ安樂窩 於 10-2-4 23:24 發表
Are you jumping into conclusion? By attending ESF Kinder, it only gives you 'priority' for an interview and NOT a place in ESF primary.  Also, in the guideline, it stated that admission in a ESF Kinde ...

作者: AnGrydAdi    時間: 10-2-4 23:40     標題: 回覆 2# bearman5788 的文章

my kid can talk with my western friends in english, of course not in single word but in sentence around 8 word

I 100% confirmed the SJS&RC principal tell us kids not must talk in english when interview coz they are chinese and it's normal if they have 1 or 2 chinese in a sentence

what do u think then
作者: AnGrydAdi    時間: 10-2-4 23:42     標題: 回覆 3# play 的文章

u r right, i'm not focus on wks staff but RC or SJS principals who cheated me

ESF group as well
作者: AnGrydAdi    時間: 10-2-4 23:43

原帖由 bearman5788 於 10-2-4 23:40 發表
no conclusion yet.  I raised my same concern to the class teacher during the parent meeting before and she just asked me to be relax, and said around 95% of the students can go straight to ESF school  ...

i should received the same message or signal before
作者: AnGrydAdi    時間: 10-2-4 23:45

原帖由 waiwai123 於 10-2-4 19:17 發表
Don't worry,except ESF still have good IS  in HK.

but most IS don't have vacancy for my kid
作者: AnGrydAdi    時間: 10-2-4 23:47

原帖由 nintendo 於 10-2-4 22:31 發表

If it is really true that SJS and RC would not take certain WKS students but are offering places to YMCA or Kingston students instead, I believe they have their reasons. In a school point of view,  ...

YMCA or kingston got many offers from SJS RC BHS KJS...
作者: bearman5788    時間: 10-2-4 23:49

then I will be more than surprised to hear that.  is she very shy in front of stranger?  I think they only pick those very outgoing kids.  My son just started to use sentence of 5-10 words to talk to us as he is a "small B".  I am same of u of full of anger and worry even though son is still at k1.  If now turn back to main stream, I am pretty sure that this will be a disaster as losing a year of chinese study both in writing and speaking....

原帖由 AnGrydAdi 於 10-2-4 23:40 發表
my kid can talk with my western friends in english, of course not in single word but in sentence around 8 word

I 100% confirmed the SJS&RC principal tell us kids not must talk in english when intervi ...

作者: AnGrydAdi    時間: 10-2-4 23:49

原帖由 kongsun 於 10-2-4 22:31 發表
I am also very very disappointed of ESF arrangement. We joined WKS this year just because we believed that the ESF kindergartener should be given the higher priority in its primary school. All my coll ...

everything is a scam, we were robbed
作者: ic81473    時間: 10-2-4 23:51

原帖由 AnGrydAdi 於 10-2-4 23:45 發表

but most IS don't have vacancy for my kid

Right!  Most interviews were finished in Jan & what we can do only......WAIT
作者: nintendo    時間: 10-2-4 23:53

原帖由 CSJ安樂窩 於 10-2-4 23:24 發表
.... passing the screening interview is the key.

Totally agree.
I do not see why ESF primary would particularly make things difficult for WKS...
作者: bearman5788    時間: 10-2-4 23:53

Check ur pm please

原帖由 AnGrydAdi 於 10-2-4 23:49 發表

everything is a scam, we were robbed

作者: oooray    時間: 10-2-4 23:54

原帖由 AnGrydAdi 於 10-2-4 23:47 發表

YMCA or kingston got many offers from SJS RC BHS KJS...

cat 1 applicants always have a higher priority than Cat 2 ESF kinder applicants when applying ESF primary (except RC), no matter which kinder they come from.
作者: AnGrydAdi    時間: 10-2-4 23:54

原帖由 bearman5788 於 10-2-4 23:49 發表
then I will be more than surprised to hear that.  is she very shy in front of stranger?  I think they only pick those very outgoing kids.  My son just started to use sentence of 5-10 words to talk to  ...

i think no k2 kids in wks can count as shy in front of stranger

that's the main problem, my son is still not start to read chinese character and writing
while the kid in his previous kindergarden class, they can write chinese sentence and recognize many chinese characters.

my son is very hard to fill into main stream school...
作者: AnGrydAdi    時間: 10-2-4 23:55

原帖由 ic81473 於 10-2-4 23:51 發表

Right!  Most interviews were finished in Jan & what we can do only......WAIT

WAIT??????????    === means no way
作者: myjasmine    時間: 10-2-5 00:00

too bad that i changed my kid from Kingston to YMCA , then to WKS K2.  The only purpose was to pave way for going to ESF primary.  I should not have changed from the very beginning!

WKS promised us that we will have the same priority as that enjoyed by other esf kinders. So i do not think we should be prejudiced by the fact that we only joined ESF for few months before the interview.   

As far as i know, many K2 kids in WKS come from other good international kinders.  So i do not think there is a big difference on their command of english when compared with kids from other ESf kinders.

A WKS AM parent told me that the principal said only 4-5 kids in total  are admitted by all ESF primary schools (including RC).  Dunno if it means both AM and PM or just AM.  Crazy!
作者: ic81473    時間: 10-2-5 00:02

原帖由 AnGrydAdi 於 10-2-4 23:55 發表

WAIT??????????    === means no way

My hubby called SJS this morning, Mina (vice principal) said they can keep my son in waiting list but the queue is very long!  That's mean the chance is sooooooooo slim....
作者: bearman5788    時間: 10-2-5 00:03

How about ur kid?  One of those 4-5 kids?

原帖由 myjasmine 於 10-2-5 00:00 發表
too bad that i changed my kid from Kingston to YMCA , then to WKS K2.  The only purpose was to pave way for going to ESF primary.  I should not have changed from the very beginning!

WKS promised us t ...

作者: nintendo    時間: 10-2-5 00:03

原帖由 AnGrydAdi 於 10-2-4 23:54 發表
i think no k2 kids in wks can count as shy in front of stranger

Are you so sure (or confident) that nothing went wrong during the interview?
Kids are kids. Even older kids or teens can mess up during interviews. I know a kid that refused to speak during interview at all.
I know that you are angry. But it is not fair to blame ESF for not getting an offer.

作者: ic81473    時間: 10-2-5 00:08

WKS promised us t ...

I'm now regretting to send him to WKS but i have no choice due to the removal
作者: myjasmine    時間: 10-2-5 00:10

i understand that one should not blame ESF or anyone for not getting the offer.  But it is really weired that the successful rate is terribly low.  If the english level of all the kids in WKS are really  that low, i wonder how they can  have normal class everyday? and what do they do every day in WKS?
作者: AnGrydAdi    時間: 10-2-5 00:10

WKS promised us t ...

before the offer, all of us think it's the right and bright way  Now it's a LIGHT

4-5 kids... WOW..... haha...

what's the percentage
作者: myjasmine    時間: 10-2-5 00:12

I got an offer from DC, but BHS is my target.
原帖由 bearman5788 於 10-2-5 00:03 發表
How about ur kid?  One of those 4-5 kids?

作者: AnGrydAdi    時間: 10-2-5 00:12

原帖由 myjasmine 於 10-2-5 00:10 發表
i understand that one should not blame ESF or anyone for not getting the offer.  But it is really weired that the successful rate is terribly low.  If the english level of all the kids in WKS are real ...

if not the english level, what else do u think
作者: AnGrydAdi    時間: 10-2-5 00:13

原帖由 myjasmine 於 10-2-5 00:12 發表

cong.

u don't need to worry about then
作者: AnGrydAdi    時間: 10-2-5 00:16

原帖由 nintendo 於 10-2-5 00:03 發表

Are you so sure (or confident) that nothing went wrong during the interview?
Kids are kids. Even older kids or teens can mess up during interviews. I know a kid that refused to speak during intervie ...

from his previous interview experience, the wrong things should minor

went wrong twice ratio should as lower as current wks successful rate
作者: myjasmine    時間: 10-2-5 00:16

DC is too far away.
作者: AnGrydAdi    時間: 10-2-5 00:18

原帖由 ic81473 於 10-2-5 00:08 發表

I'm now regretting to send him to WKS but i have no choice due to the removal

i was pride of send my son to WKS kinda.
作者: ic81473    時間: 10-2-5 00:19

原帖由 myjasmine 於 10-2-5 00:10 發表
i understand that one should not blame ESF or anyone for not getting the offer.  But it is really weired that the successful rate is terribly low.  If the english level of all the kids in WKS are real ...

That's the point......we have a communication book for all WKS students but i never get any comment fm our class teacher, she didn't tell us what's the problem of my son when we picked up our son after school......this never happened on my son's previous school!!!
作者: AnGrydAdi    時間: 10-2-5 00:20

原帖由 myjasmine 於 10-2-5 00:16 發表
DC is too far away.

buy a house there, it's cheap

or do you plan to rent? my fd going to release his house for rent
作者: AnGrydAdi    時間: 10-2-5 00:21

原帖由 ic81473 於 10-2-5 00:19 發表

That's the point......we have a communication book for all WKS students but i never get any comment fm our class teacher, she didn't tell us what's the problem of my son when we picked up our son  ...

both teachers and pricinpal told the kids should no big problem to pass the screening interview

LIAR
作者: AnGrydAdi    時間: 10-2-5 00:23     標題: 回覆 1# AnGrydAdi 的文章

or maybe ESF doesn't care of our wks kids further education anymore
作者: bearman5788    時間: 10-2-5 00:24

So what is ur plan then?  YC or other expensive priviate IS?

原帖由 AnGrydAdi 於 10-2-5 00:23 發表
or maybe ESF doesn't care of our wks kids further education anymore

作者: ic81473    時間: 10-2-5 00:30

原帖由 bearman5788 於 10-2-5 00:24 發表

My son is a Halloween boy & i try to find a K3 place for the coming Sep, my target is CKY.  By the way, i submitted the application to CAIS.  Let's see!
作者: AnGrydAdi    時間: 10-2-5 00:32

原帖由 bearman5788 於 10-2-5 00:24 發表

NO PLAN anymore

wait the kid finish k2 then find a junior position for him to work
作者: AnGrydAdi    時間: 10-2-5 00:33

原帖由 ic81473 於 10-2-5 00:30 發表

My son is a Halloween boy & i try to find a K3 place for the coming Sep, my target is CKY.  By the way, i submitted the application to CAIS.  Let's see!

my son is just a 化骨龍
作者: myjasmine    時間: 10-2-5 00:42

haha...ask him to work in WKS , may be he can perform better than the teachers there!

By the way, you should consider CAIS or Kingston.  You will know whether your kid is admitted immediately after the interview.

for K3, you should consider YMCA or tutortime.  Good Luck!

原帖由 AnGrydAdi 於 10-2-5 00:32 發表

NO PLAN anymore

wait the kid finish k2 then find a junior position for him to work

作者: AnGrydAdi    時間: 10-2-5 01:10

原帖由 myjasmine 於 10-2-5 00:12 發表

As i know, DC should have more western kids to apply that should a bit harder than BHS to get offer.

Strange, u got offer from DC but not BHS.

so did u kid do wrong in BHS screening?
作者: strayteddy    時間: 10-2-5 01:20

I guess WKS may have a greater number of Cat 2 applicants as some of the children there might have transferred from local kinder and that they would surely be grouped under Cat 2.  Cat 2 applicants without sibling at ESF would very likely be placed on waitlist given the large number of applications received this year.
原帖由 CSJ安樂窩 於 10-2-4 23:24 發表 For this year's WKS kids, they have only attended the school for one term so that might be the reason that they are place lower in the ESF Kinder list.  This is just my guess but do remember, passing the screening interview is the key.

[ 本帖最後由 strayteddy 於 10-2-5 01:25 編輯 ]
作者: AnGrydAdi    時間: 10-2-5 10:10

原帖由 strayteddy 於 10-2-5 01:20 發表
I guess WKS may have a greater number of Cat 2 applicants as some of the children there might have transferred from local kinder and that they would surely be grouped under Cat 2.  Cat 2 applicants wi ...

I don't think all the selected are Cat 1 and I believe my son have good receptive and expressive when compare with same age level and no big difference with same age western kids.

compare with other selected by RC/SJS, my son is much outstanding

WHAT'S ESF SCREENING STANDARD
作者: waiwai123    時間: 10-2-5 10:18

Those 5 or 6 WKS students who got offer from ESF primary ,are they transferred from Tsing Yi ESF kinder?
作者: AnGrydAdi    時間: 10-2-5 10:31

原帖由 waiwai123 於 10-2-5 10:18 發表
Those 5 or 6 WKS students who got offer from ESF primary ,are they transferred from Tsing Yi ESF kinder?

They have siblings in ESF primary

is there something wrong / difference of WKS teaching style or curriculum with other ESF Kinda.
作者: myjasmine    時間: 10-2-5 10:32

i also think so!

I tried to ask WKS for the report to understand about the failure , WKS said they did ask the info from BHS but BHS did not respond?

原帖由 AnGrydAdi 於 10-2-5 01:10 發表

As i know, DC should have more western kids to apply that should a bit harder than BHS to get offer.

Strange, u got offer from DC but not BHS.

so did u kid do wrong in BHS screening?

作者: anpanman    時間: 10-2-5 10:33

作者: waiwai123    時間: 10-2-5 10:39

If your child is on the wait list,still have hope.If you got the message is failed, hurry up to apply the others,WKS won't give you a helping hands.
作者: anpanman    時間: 10-2-5 10:46

作者: oooray    時間: 10-2-5 10:48

原帖由 myjasmine 於 10-2-5 10:32 發表
i also think so!

I tried to ask WKS for the report to understand about the failure , WKS said they did ask the info from BHS but BHS did not respond?

Your case is worthwhile to go deeper with WKS/BHS.
Eventhough all 90 seats are occupied by Cat. 1 applicants in the first round, your daughter should be placed on the waitlist, and should be on top of other non-ESF cat. 2 applicants.
That is the Rule of the Game; and I don't think they should break the rule they set.
作者: WYmom    時間: 10-2-5 10:55

i also think so!

Personally I feel that BHS' screening standard is higher than DC as per my kid's experience.  So no surprise that DC accepts and BHS rejects and don't agree that "DC should have more western kids to apply that should a bit harder than BHS to get offer."

[ 本帖最後由 WYmom 於 10-2-5 10:57 編輯 ]
作者: jjson    時間: 10-2-5 10:59

Angrydadi

Did your kid pass an interview and was placed in waiting list due to over interviewing of applicants or your kid did not pass the interview?

It is too sad to know that the successful rate in WKS kinder is so low which is completely different from TY ESF kinder where most of kids from my son's class got dual or at least one offer.

If you have got the waiting list from RC, the chance is really high as I know a number of  kids from ESF TY will give up RC offer and choose ESF
Primary school.

I guess you need to consult the school for feedback report about the interviewing performance. Actually, ESF TY provides K3 class for those who are not getting offer in primary school but of course subject to the kindergarten’s discretion.

I have to say ESF TY kinder is doing very good for preparing kids for primary school interview. A week or a few days before interview, children from same interview time slot would group together to meet another class teacher (the one they are not familiar with though they may know her) for class activities instead of their home teacher. (It was told by my son and his classmate and the kinder did not tell the parents about such arrangement) .

Good luck and Add oil.

作者: AnGrydAdi    時間: 10-2-5 11:00

i also think so!

WTF, BHS like a responsible school? call the principal directly and ask them fax immediately and tell them u r waiting on facsimile side
作者: myjasmine    時間: 10-2-5 11:07

jjson,
Yes, i also get to know from my friend that TY kinder did a lot more than WKS to help preparing the kids for the interview!  In fact, many parents there are not satisfied with WKS and some did and some are planning to withdraw.

WKS said BHS did not respond to their request for the interview report.  Do you think it is normal? or is it normal for us to request for such report to understand more?
作者: AnGrydAdi    時間: 10-2-5 11:07

原帖由 jjson 於 10-2-5 10:59 發表
Angrydadi

Did your kid pass an interview and was placed in waiting list due to over interviewing of applicants or your kid did not pass the interview?

It is too sad to know that the successful rat ...

It is too sad to know that the successful rate in WKS kinder is so low which is completely different from TY ESF kinder where most of kids from my son's class got dual or at least one offer.

same group but completely different result for placement

I believe none in WKS got dual offers.

As know more from other group kinda. placement result, more hurt, more painful

I just want to cry now although i'm a man

HEART-BREAKING now
作者: AnGrydAdi    時間: 10-2-5 11:09

原帖由 anpanman 於 10-2-5 10:33 發表
AnGrydAdi        ,

Have u apply RC/DC?

Applied RC but the worst my son even doesn't in waitlist
作者: oooray    時間: 10-2-5 11:13

原帖由 jjson 於 10-2-5 10:59 發表
Angrydadi

It is too sad to know that the successful rat ...

If TY's hit rate remains high, it is more likely to be a "system" matter rather than individual performance during interview.
Comparing apple to apple, why WKS hit rate is terribly low?
A. All WKS kids were underperform during interview?
B. All WKS applicants were "labelled" during interview?
C. What did WKS do after the interview? The school cannot say "I don't know", as mentioned in the website:
"No ESF Kindergarten child will be turned down before the Primary school staff have discussed the situation with the kindergarten"
作者: oooray    時間: 10-2-5 11:17

原帖由 AnGrydAdi 於 10-2-5 11:09 發表

Applied RC but the worst my son even doesn't in waitlist

Have u contacted the school regarding reason of failure?
Last year, a few parents posted in BK that RC was willing to share the reason(s) behind.
That does not sounded realistic where no Cat 1 / Cat 2 differenitation in RC and WKS applicants should be in Priority 2 (Priority 1 are those with siblings).
作者: AnGrydAdi    時間: 10-2-5 11:20

原帖由 WYmom 於 10-2-5 10:55 發表

Personally I feel that BHS' screening standard is higher than DC as per my kid's experience.  So no surprise that DC accepts and BHS rejects and don't agree that "DC should have more western kids to ...

I don't know their standard but DC is far away from downtown is truth
作者: jjson    時間: 10-2-5 11:21

Myjasmine

I think it is normal to request for a feedback report from BHS if your kid was failed in the interview as you need to find out the reason for failure and look for improvement.
However, if your kid passed the interview but was placed in the waiting list due to over interviewing of applicants then it may not be too helpful though you still can ask for it.
作者: AnGrydAdi    時間: 10-2-5 11:24

原帖由 oooray 於 10-2-5 11:13 發表

If TY's hit rate remains high, it is more likely to be a "system" matter rather than individual performance during interview.
Comparing apple to apple, why WKS hit rate is terribly low?
A. All WKS ki ...

Cool...
i love ur questions.

A. All WKS kids were underperform during interview?
B. All WKS applicants were "labelled" during interview?
C. What did WKS do after the interview? The school cannot say "I don't know", as mentioned in the website:
"No ESF Kindergarten child will be turned down before the Primary school staff have discussed the situation with the kindergarten"

maybe i need to write down some questions that can send or ask the ESF CE directly

Thanks ur idea...
作者: AnGrydAdi    時間: 10-2-5 11:27

原帖由 waiwai123 於 10-2-5 10:39 發表
If your child is on the wait list,still have hope.If you got the message is failed, hurry up to apply the others,WKS won't give you a helping hands.

WKS can't help anymore so I going to liaise withESF head office
作者: oooray    時間: 10-2-5 11:27

i also think so!

http://www.esf.org.hk/esf_kindergarten/primary/primary.asp

don't tell me it is a fraudulent website.
作者: AnGrydAdi    時間: 10-2-5 11:30

原帖由 oooray 於 10-2-5 11:17 發表

Have u contacted the school regarding reason of failure?
Last year, a few parents posted in BK that RC was willing to share the reason(s) behind.
That does not sounded realistic where no Cat 1 / Cat  ...

i still waiting the report from WKS that they should have got the copy of all their students interview feedback from ESF primary/RC/DC
作者: anpanman    時間: 10-2-5 11:31

作者: AnGrydAdi    時間: 10-2-5 11:32     標題: 回覆 1# AnGrydAdi 的文章

For the kid's primary/future education, I almost quit my job to sourcing suitable school who still have vacancy or short waiting list.

i really care of his future development

歡迎光臨 教育王國 (/) Powered by Discuz! X1.5