教育王國

標題: Want help? Not being accepted by ESF? [打印本頁]

作者: King'sMom    時間: 09-3-10 18:54     標題: Want help? Not being accepted by ESF?

My son's now studying K2 in ESF Kinder and had passed his interview. However, he has been placed on the waitlist.... Does any parent have the same case with me? I haven't applied for other IS yet, any good suggestion? Am I too late to apply for the others? Please help!!! Thanks.

King'sMom
作者: c200    時間: 09-3-10 19:10

which ESF?
作者: King'sMom    時間: 09-3-11 09:39

He's now in SW ESF, and on waitlist of Kennedy ESF.

King'sMom
作者: 502    時間: 09-3-11 10:14

Any idea why he is on the waiting list?

原帖由 King'sMom 於 09-3-11 09:39 發表
He's now in SW ESF, and on waitlist of Kennedy ESF.

King'sMom

作者: popolung    時間: 09-3-11 10:31

I heard some ESF primary schools are starting to interview waiting list students, including some in Cat 2. So may have to be patience, of course you need to look for alternative too, hope it's not a bit late. Also keep talking to ESF Kennedy School and your kinder see if they have any progress...
作者: King'sMom    時間: 09-3-11 10:56

原帖由 502 於 09-3-11 10:14 發表
Any idea why he is on the waiting list?

My son has joined ESF kinder for K2 only, also he is in Cat 2. I think this is the main reason.

King'sMom
作者: King'sMom    時間: 09-3-11 11:03

原帖由 popolung 於 09-3-11 10:31 發表
I heard some ESF primary schools are starting to interview waiting list students, including some in Cat 2. So may have to be patience, of course you need to look for alternative too, hope it's not a b ...

I have already sent them an email for requesting a place, however they said it's unlikely to have for him starting Aug09.

Can any parents give some idea on good IS? Thanks...
作者: 502    時間: 09-3-11 11:05

Why don't you talk to ESF SW staff to see if they can fight for a second interview for you?

I understand this is a normal practice adopted by TY ESF!

原帖由 King'sMom 於 09-3-11 10:56 發表

My son has joined ESF kinder for K2 only, also he is in Cat 2. I think this is the main reason.

King'sMom

作者: kcpapa    時間: 09-3-11 11:10

Are you Cat 1 or Cat 2 student?

In last 2 days, some Cat 2 students and studying in ESF KG have received call from the school and check if they can accept to go another ESF primary school instead of the one they are applying.  

It is not a common case to have interview but put into waiting list.  

Pls kindly try to discuss with your class teacher, they are having a report from the school.  They even know the rank of the kid on the list.  Talk to them very very urgently.  They can help you
作者: oooray    時間: 09-3-11 11:16

原帖由 502 於 09-3-11 11:05 發表
Why don't you talk to ESF SW staff to see if they can fight for a second interview for you?

I understand this is a normal practice adopted by TY ESF!

I believe that all places have been filled and all have paid the 2 month deposit. Thus, there is no point for the school to make any promises when there is a long queue of waiting list. (similar situation as in BHS)
You cannot expect many of them will give up the deposit (since it is non-refundable) and release the place.
Better look for alternatives; i heard some parents have been waiting for "Years" until a place is allocated...
作者: JYFC    時間: 09-3-11 11:32

Is your child a year-end BB? Sometimes, the ESF primary will offer the kids to stay for K3 in ESF KG for the younger ones.  

But whether the child can stay for k3 is solely decided by the primary school.

原帖由 King'sMom 於 09-3-11 11:03 發表

I have already sent them an email for requesting a place, however they said it's unlikely to have for him starting Aug09.

Can any parents give some idea on good IS? Thanks...

作者: King'sMom    時間: 09-3-11 12:19

原帖由 JYFC 於 09-3-11 11:32 發表
Is your child a year-end BB? Sometimes, the ESF primary will offer the kids to stay for K3 in ESF KG for the younger ones.  

But whether the child can stay for k3 is solely decided by the primary sch ...

His class teacher said he can't stay for K3 as he is a "big" boy.
作者: emmamay    時間: 09-3-11 14:59

Why don't you try to stay in Woodland (pokfulam) for another term. I knew some kids  staying one more term and join Kennedy school on January term. Woodland has good relationship with ESF.

One of my daughter's classmate was on waiting list too. But the parents kept calling the school and they offered the boy a place after the formal acceptance date (we had one week to accept the offer and paid deposit ).
作者: OKmom    時間: 09-3-11 15:40

Hi, emmamay
Does it mean ESF school invited more applicants than the number of places, and so even when a kid met the English requirement at the interview, the school would not guarantee a place and may put him on waitlist until a vacancy arises?
作者: King'sMom    時間: 09-3-11 15:43

原帖由 kcpapa 於 09-3-11 11:10 發表
Are you Cat 1 or Cat 2 student?

In last 2 days, some Cat 2 students and studying in ESF KG have received call from the school and check if they can accept to go another ESF primary school instead of  ...

Thanks for your advice, Kcpapa. My child is in Cat 2. I have already checked if I can apply for another ESF, but the answer is NO. They said it's the ESF policy that I cannot apply for more than one ESF shools. Do you know is it case?
作者: King'sMom    時間: 09-3-11 15:51

原帖由 emmamay 於 09-3-11 14:59 發表
Why don't you try to stay in Woodland (pokfulam) for another term. I knew some kids  staying one more term and join Kennedy school on January term. Woodland has good relationship with ESF.

One of my  ...

Thanks for your advice, emmamay. This is exactly what I want to do today. I'll check with Woodland about the availability of getting in their P1. Actually, I did call the Deputy of Principal but the answer is negative. As far as I know, they have more than 100 applicants on the waitlist.
作者: Onsen    時間: 09-3-11 15:58

I heard that if an ESF school has 120 vacancies, they will invite 130 applicants to the interview.  So, the rejection rate is really very low.  

The Principal that I met last time has stressed so much about the heavy subscription and long waiting list on her school.  Even for those existing students who want to change of school because of moving got trapped into the present school.  It really makes the Cat. 2 interviewees at a great disadvantage.  

This is really discouraging especially one goes through the ESF Kindergarten.
作者: kcpapa    時間: 09-3-11 18:30

May be you might know that CWB is very competitive this year.  We received a phone call on yesterday from CWB and they asked if we would consider to have an interview, not CWB but SJS.  Our daughter is ESF KG student as you and they are trying best to find a place for us (Cat 2).  

According to our class teacher who explained that the school will send interview letter with the same space available.  That means in 1st round, if there are 120 spaces, they will send 120 letters.  Mostly will be okay.

The primary schools on HK Island are less competitive.  Even some BK parents who are Cat 2 but non-ESF KG student have been admitted by QBS from 1st round.  

Anyway, don't be too worry...  try other KG.  CAIS, Kingston, and Victoria are good schools.  Some Victoria students have been admitted by ESF school or RC, so they might have space for K3.  CAIS starts from K3, it would be a bit late but not impossible, pls try.  To go K3 and try ISF and CIS are also very good school on Island side.  ISF would be more interesting.  

Go to K3 and you have chance for both local school and IS.  At the same time, discuss with ESF KG, they might offer you a place of interview in next year.  The teacher of ESF KG is so kind and helpful, pls pls pls discuss with them and explain your situation with them.  They must have some way to help.  The chance is slim to have admission in 2009 P1, but chance is still here.  Try best to keep "asking" the class teacher and the head master of SW ESF KG, do not be too shy, the chance is in your hands and on your face.  Try!!  

Parents who want to go ESF by the path from ESF KG, this is not a definite path especially for Cat 2 student.  Even more difficult is the Cat 2 kids start from K2.
作者: popolung    時間: 09-3-12 00:49

原帖由 kcpapa 於 09-3-11 18:30 發表
May be you might know that CWB is very competitive this year.  We received a phone call on yesterday from CWB and they asked if we would consider to have an interview, not CWB but SJS.  Our daughter i ...

If you have offered to go interview in SJS, go for it unless you have other offer or you think SJS is too remote to go. SJS is a good school, and also if you finally can get it SJS, you will be easier to come back to CWBS or BHS, KJS, etc on next term. And if you are in SJS you will be bridged to Shatin College or KGV depend on your placement zone when you are in Y6 / Y7. Good Luck.

Did you also applied RC?
作者: popolung    時間: 09-3-12 00:59

原帖由 King'sMom 於 09-3-11 15:43 發表

Thanks for your advice, Kcpapa. My child is in Cat 2. I have already checked if I can apply for another ESF, but the answer is NO. They said it's the ESF policy that I cannot apply for more than one ...

For ESF, you can apply the Gov't subsidized ESF Primary / Secondary school via ESF Center. They will allocate your children to a school according to your placement zone. This is why ESF center said you can only apply for 1 school only.

For ESF PIS (Private Independent School), like RC & DC, you can apply separately and there is no placement zone limitation and they basically serve whole HK (if your kid doesn't mind to travel far away).

So don't mix-up these 2 different kind of ESF schools. And since you are in the queue of one school, you can transfer to another, and even you can, you will have no advantage as all the queue is very long and you will be placed at the end of any queue.
作者: King'sMom    時間: 09-3-12 12:26

Have chat with my child's class teacher today and she says my child is at the bottom of the waitlist. She has also mentioned that one of their students with 2 years at SW Kinder is also on the waitlist too. So for those parents who want to send their children to ESF Primary have to be cleared that not all of ESF Kinder students can be allocated a place at ESF Primary. She suggests me to try other IS like Starters, Small World or Kiangsu & Chekiang. The class teacher is so kind and helpful. But unfortunately, she can't do much for us at this stage...as the list is really long. She says other ESF Primary may call the waitlist if they still have places. I think Quarry Bay is the one with less competitive. My favourite shool, Kennedy is too hot this year..as it covers too large allocation zone, starting from Mid-levels to Western District like Belchers, Bel-Air....Anyway, I hope I can find one IS for my child eventually.

Never think about it is so difficult to find an IS as same as local schools.
作者: OKmom    時間: 09-3-12 13:10

King's mom,

Sorry to hear your case.....You mentioned that even a kid who has been in ESF kindy for 2 yrs failed to get a P.1 seat, may I know which ESF primary school did he apply for? And, did your teacher tell the reason why he was not successful (is it because of English fluency or immaturity)? Pls share....

[ 本帖最後由 OKmom 於 09-3-12 13:16 編輯 ]
作者: King'sMom    時間: 09-3-12 14:15

原帖由 OKmom 於 09-3-12 13:10 發表
King's mom,

Sorry to hear your case.....You mentioned that even a kid who has been in ESF kindy for 2 yrs failed to get a P.1 seat, may I know which ESF primary school did he apply for? And, did your ...

OKmom,

I haven't asked them further. She just said that student has passed the interview but is on the waitlist.

I just have a chat with other International Kindergarten about my case and they said it's too strange for ESF to pass my child's interview but not to give him any places for Primary. This is not their way to handling the applications. I believe they have made some mistakes on processing the applications this year...anyway, my child is so unlucky.
作者: OKmom    時間: 09-3-12 14:32

原帖由 King'sMom 於 09-3-12 14:15 發表

OKmom,

I haven't asked them further. She just said that student has passed the interview but is on the waitlist.

I just have a chat with other International Kindergarten about my case and they sai ...

It sounds very strange, in the past I thought that ESF school would always offer a place when a student has passed an interview. It seems that they have changed their policy this year,.....your case is very unfortunate.

Hope your search for a suitable IS goes smooth.
作者: popolung    時間: 09-3-12 15:02

原帖由 King'sMom 於 09-3-12 14:15 發表

OKmom,

I just have a chat with other International Kindergarten about my case and they sai ...

Beside the ESF school. you should also try to call ESF Center (in Stubbs Road) to check on your case, if you think you case is happened because of a mistake only. Good Luck.
作者: dwvmbb    時間: 09-3-14 15:11     標題: 回覆 # 的文章

Sorry to hear Kingsmom's case. Your case stimulates me to think again whether I should accept the KG offer from ESF. Be frank, at this moment, I still prefer letting my girl study in international stream as I wish her to be more creative and all-rounded and most importantly-have a happier school life. But it is very frustrated that if I go through the two-years KG and cannot get a place in their yr 1 after all. Though I realized that rule of game well before I accepted this offer, I was given to understand that the chance of no through-train was not too high. After reading Kingmom's case, I can imagine how helpless and uncertain the parents are. Under the current economic situation, I do expect by the time when my girl is promoted to Year 1, the competition for a place in ESF will be very keen. The situation may be even worse since a lot of babies were born in year 2006. I feel very uncomfortable about the uncertainity as we are just cat 2 applicant. On the other hand, my child is also accepted by some good local KGs including St Cat. I am just thinking if I go for St. Cat, I can still have chance to go for ISs (maybe those PIS or Victoria etc) and need not give up a good chance to study in some good DSS or aided local schools. Coming back to the dilemma again!
作者: oooray    時間: 09-3-14 17:18

原帖由 dwvmbb 於 09-3-14 15:11 發表
Sorry to hear Kingsmom's case. Your case stimulates me to think again whether I should accept the KG offer from ESF. Be frank, at this moment, I still prefer letting my girl study in international str ...

If ESF primary remains your target, there is no point for a cat 2 parent to give up ESF Kinda offer today because you will have a much lower priority when u are applying ESF primary or RC & DC (at least behind all 4 ESF kinda students).
Of course, you are still thinking of non ESF IS or back to local stream, accepting the current ESF kinda offer may not be helpful.
As a cat 2 parents, you should learnt how competitive for a place in ESF primary in this forum.
For DC, ESF kinda still have the chance for 1st round interview;
RC seems to interview all applicants this year but they may not grant interview for every applicants 2 years later if more and more applicants are there. Then, status of a ESF kinda student will be very helpful.
作者: kcpapa    時間: 09-3-14 23:29

I am a Cat 2 parent and my daughter is studying in ESF KG.  At the day when we applied ESF KG, we were told that almost 99% of the KG students can go into the primary school of ESF.  Unfortunately, after almost 2 years, what we were told is just the opposite.  The chance to go into ESF Primary will be very slim and should not have too optimistic expectation.  We are quite shocked!!  

We have applied RC, of course CWB and other IS.  After 3 months of worrying, everything is over and we have been admitted by RC, and other IS.  Recently, we were informed to attend interview in SJS instead of CWB.   

In fact during this hard time, the school teachers have tried their best to communicate with RC and other ESF Primary school, we can see there is a priority of ESF KG student.  

I do not know how severe would be in coming year, but the trend we can see would be ESF KG student should have a priority in ESF Primary (Including DC and RC).  If the competition is becoming more knee, the chance of Non-ESF KG Cat 2 students to go in ESF primary should be getting more slim.
作者: popolung    時間: 09-3-15 01:51

原帖由 kcpapa 於 09-3-14 23:29 發表
I am a Cat 2 parent and my daughter is studying in ESF KG.  At the day when we applied ESF KG, we were told that almost 99% of the KG students can go into the primary school of ESF.  Unfortunately, af ...

Good luck to your kid's SJS interview. Though I know it may be far away, SJS is a very good school. and Shatin College is one of the best secondary school in ESF too.

Also if your kid want to come back to study in CWBS, take the SJS first and then wait till the 2009 term begin, miracle will happen. At least you have a seat in ESF school already by then.
作者: cchan0311    時間: 09-3-18 14:38

Hi

I live in The Waterfront (Kowloon Station) and should apply Kowloon Junior School according to the catchment zone.  I found from the KJS website that there are 150 places in year 1, can anyone advise whether competition to P1 is keen in this school?
作者: popolung    時間: 09-3-18 14:46

原帖由 cchan0311 於 09-3-18 14:38 發表
Hi

I live in The Waterfront (Kowloon Station) and should apply Kowloon Junior School according to the catchment zone.  I found from the KJS website that there are 150 places in year 1, can anyone adv ...

very, very competitive. Questions:

1. Are you Cat 1 or Cat 2?

2. Do your kid in ESF Kinder or other?
作者: cchan0311    時間: 09-3-18 15:22

原帖由 popolung 於 09-3-18 14:46 發表

very, very competitive. Questions:

1. Are you Cat 1 or Cat 2?

2. Do your kid in ESF Kinder or other?

My son now is in ESF TY K1 and should be in Cat 2 although we hold canadian passport.
作者: avalyl    時間: 09-3-18 15:58

What is the different between Cat 1 and Cat 2?  

原帖由 cchan0311 於 09-3-18 15:22 發表

My son now is in ESF TY K1 and should be in Cat 2 although we hold canadian passport.

作者: Onsen    時間: 09-3-18 16:21

Did you talk to your ESF Kg teacher about RC?  I heard that all children at YMCA International who applied to RC got admitted this year, a 100% success rate.  That would be unfair to ESF kindergarten's applicants if they are in the equal footing.  Approach RC again, if you already did, and asked them why?

原帖由 King'sMom 於 09-3-12 12:26 發表
Have chat with my child's class teacher today and she says my child is at the bottom of the waitlist. She has also mentioned that one of their students with 2 years at SW Kinder is also on the waitlis ...

作者: hkufrankie    時間: 09-3-18 18:51

Cat 1: Native English Speaker (children can't speak in Chinese)
Cat 2: Fluent Eng speaker who can also speak Chinese.]原帖由 avalyl 於 09-3-18 15:58 發表
What is the different between Cat 1 and Cat 2?  

[/quote]
作者: popolung    時間: 09-3-18 20:04

原帖由 hkufrankie 於 09-3-18 18:51 發表
Cat 1: Native English Speaker (children can't speak in Chinese)
Cat 2: Fluent Eng speaker who can also speak Chinese.]原帖由 avalyl 於 09-3-18 15:58 發表 http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/images/common/bac ...

sound like we need to put a FAQ here for the Cat 1 / 2 thing:

http://www.esf.edu.hk/index.aspx?nodeID=1039&langNo=1

Admissions criteria

Places will be offered to successful applicants subject to availability.

Only one application may be submitted per student.
Students can only apply to the school in their zone (except Year One and Seven students applying during central applications).

Students must be able to cope with an English-medium curriculum. Please see language requirements

We prioritise applications by category (see below) and by date of application.

Applicants in category one will be invited for interview before those in category two, regardless of the date of application.

Category One

Children who speak English as a first or alternative language but do not speak Cantonese and/or read and write Chinese characters.

Category Two

Children who can access the local system but who also meet ESF's entrance requirements.

Within each category priority will be given to students who:

are siblings of children already attending an ESF school;
are attending an ESF Educational Services Ltd Kindergarten (for Year One only);
are former students returning from a period overseas;
have a parent who is a full-time employee of ESF;
are the children of former ESF students.

[ 本帖最後由 popolung 於 09-3-18 21:15 編輯 ]
作者: sillybabyq    時間: 09-3-19 01:03

If my son is chinese but he can speak English only, Will he classify as Cat 1?
作者: popolung    時間: 09-3-19 01:14

原帖由 sillybabyq 於 09-3-19 01:03 發表
If my son is chinese but he can speak English only, Will he classify as Cat 1?

Does he has an overseas passport? Can he speak Cantonese?

With oversea passport can prove your kid to be Cat 1, but if he can speak Cantonese then most likely will be put into Cat 2.
作者: kcpapa    時間: 09-3-19 13:29

I know a Cat 1 student in Abacus who is holding CHINESE passport, but he can only speak English and Mandarin.  The key point is whether the kid can speak Cantonese, but not the nationality.  ESF supposed kids can speak Cantonese are able to fit into local stream, so they are not necessarily having IS education, then no pirority will be given.  About 2 years ago when we applied ESF KG, in fact, there was Cat 3 who are not Local Chinese nor Native English Speakers as Japanese, Korean....  But Cat 3 has been cancelled and Kids in Cat 3 will be regarded as Cat 1.  Admission will be give if the English level can satify the ESF requirement.

Be smart in filling the form.  Some foreign passport "local HKG" holder speak only English.  So Cat 1.
作者: popolung    時間: 09-3-19 13:44

原帖由 kcpapa 於 09-3-19 13:29 發表
Be smart in filling the form.  Some foreign passport "local HKG" holder speak only English.  So Cat 1.

Well, you can do that. But there are some ESF schools I heard that will try to test Cat 1 students if they can speak Cantonese. If yes, failed. So take your own risk if you do that. Of course somehow it is very hard this year to "be honest"!

Also, if we start to tell lies in the form since they are only 4, what are we supposed to do in the future? What if our kid tell lies to us?
作者: cchan0311    時間: 09-3-19 14:06

原帖由 popolung 於 09-3-19 13:44 發表

Well, you can do that. But there are some ESF schools I heard that will try to test Cat 1 students if they can speak Cantonese. If yes, failed. So take your own risk if you do that. Of course someho ...

It's really hard for my son to speak English only as his grandma and grandpa speak Cantonese.  Although my son can speak fluent English, he can also speak fluent Cantonese (but cannot read or write).  So I guess my son will probably in Cat 2 even though holding an overseas passport.
作者: popolung    時間: 09-3-19 14:41

原帖由 cchan0311 於 09-3-19 14:06 發表

It's really hard for my son to speak English only as his grandma and grandpa speak Cantonese.  Although my son can speak fluent English, he can also speak fluent Cantonese (but cannot read or write) ...

As told, take your own risk if you want to say he is English Speaking only.  Still have time for you to turnaround this (not impossible), and train him as speaking english only. But then there are a lot of things to change, like how he said going to "VV", the name of the helper, Daddy but not baba, etc. As simple as these pharses. Good Luck.
作者: Mornington    時間: 09-3-19 20:57

Hi Popolung

Great to see from other threads that ESF CWB offered a place to your daughter.  Congratulations!

It surprised to me when saying that there was Cat 3 about two years ago.  Now that non-native English speakers such as Japanese/Korean/Indian are classified as Cat 1 and they have higher priority of interview over the ones under Cat 2.

For those local HK kids who hold foreign plus local passport, it is saying here that their parents were born but raised, worked & lived in English-speaking country for a long period of time.  It is pretty sad to hear that the kids are still be treated as Cat 2.  

I know a mixed kid who can speak fluent Cantonese and English.  The kid's mum is a local HK lady whereas daddy is Malayasian.  The kid holds local & foreign passport.  Is she treated as Cat 1 or Cat 2?   

I am puzzled by the categorization as ESF set out.   I however trust that ESF would review the Cat system and those kids who are 'Dual National'.  

BR
作者: mirimiri    時間: 09-3-19 21:33

my case is my husband is foreigner and english is not his first language, my kid can speak both cantonese and other language, english is 2nd language, she also holds foreign ppt, but she was in waitlist at first when applied K1, so she's definitely in cat 2.

原帖由 Mornington 於 09-3-19 20:57 發表
Hi Popolung

Great to see from other threads that ESF CWB offered a place to your daughter.  Congratulations!

It surprised to me when saying that there was Cat 3 about two years ago.  Now that non-na ...

[ 本帖最後由 mirimiri 於 09-3-19 21:37 編輯 ]
作者: popolung    時間: 09-3-19 23:46

原帖由 Mornington 於 09-3-19 20:57 發表
Hi Popolung

It surprised to me when saying that there was Cat 3 about two years ago.  Now that non-na ...

Thanks a lot. That really bother me for quite a while until she got admitted. Too bad there are some classmates failed in interviews though...

I am quite sure that the Cat system depends on if you hold an overseas passport, then what you wrote about the language proficiency of your kid.

If one want to hide about the kid's Cantonese speaking capability, either you have to train your kid not to speak Chinese at all time, or take your own risk. Some ESF may not test, but some does.. good luck.
作者: mother30    時間: 09-3-25 14:45

popolung,
pls can you share how you promote your daughter's English language proficiency apart from the 3-hr kindy life?
My son is one of the youngest in class and his language skills (whether Cantonese or English) slacks slightly behind his age group. Therefore, I want to know how I can prepare him better for the interview. Grateful if you can share your experience. Thanks.
作者: mother30    時間: 09-3-25 15:22

while I understand the ESF category system does bother some parents...... I just want to share that even those in Cat 1 would worry about their kids not being admitted.... she is my Indian friend from ESF whose 1st language is English...... of course she got admitted at last...... the main point is competition is just too keen, so better focus on improving your child's English proficiency -- good spoken English is the key to admission, I supppose...
作者: popolung    時間: 09-3-25 23:19

原帖由 mother30 於 09-3-25 14:45 發表
popolung,
pls can you share how you promote your daughter's English language proficiency apart from the 3-hr kindy life?
My son is one of the youngest in class and his language skills (whether Cantone ...

As said before, there is no shortcuts. You need to spend more time with your daughter, read more storys, watch more English DVD, movie (with her not she watches alone), go to more English playgroup. On holiday go to some English speaking countries like UK, Australia or even Singapore. Soak her in complete English environment.

Parents need to sacrifice a lot. For example, can you give up what you like after your office hour, for example, not watching "Laughing Kor" at TVB and watch Playhouse Disney channel with your kids, or read story book with her? Ask yourselves. The more time you can be with her, the better future she will be. Good Luck.
作者: popolung    時間: 09-3-25 23:23

原帖由 mother30 於 09-3-25 15:22 發表
while I understand the ESF category system does bother some parents...... I just want to share that even those in Cat 1 would worry about their kids not being admitted.... she is my Indian friend from ...

To be fair, normal ESF school (excluding RC & DC), received subsidy from HKSAR Gov't to educate kid who can't fit in local education system (since they can't speak cantonese), so parents should not blame the ESF system for Cat 2. For keen competition in Cat 1, it is because of the overwhelming demand this year, and also mean ESF doesn't take every Cat 1 they interviewed, so that at least standard is maintained (up to the level they require is good English skill as this is their medium of teaching in school)
作者: mother30    時間: 09-3-27 22:57

popolung,
Thanks for your sharing.
作者: popolung    時間: 09-3-28 00:39

原帖由 mother30 於 09-3-27 22:57 發表
popolung,
Thanks for your sharing.

welcome!

歡迎光臨 教育王國 (/) Powered by Discuz! X1.5