發新帖
查看: 2731|回覆: 17
go

有無讀完IS幼稚園後考唔到IS小學! [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-4-5 14:49 |只看該作者

有無讀完IS幼稚園後考唔到IS小學!

各位媽媽,
My daughter will study in Tutor time K1( kowloon tong ) in the coming sept, I m soooo worry that my daugter is not able to get into any international school  after graduated from this kinder. I also worry that the traditional school won't accept my daugter because of the differnt circurrium offered by this kinder. Even she get offered by traditional primary school, it would be hard for her to catch up. Any of you come across my situation? Pls advise!

autest mom

2#
發表於 07-4-5 15:30 |只看該作者

Re: 有無讀完IS幼稚園後考唔到IS小學!

I suggest you check with the school first.  As I heard from my friends who got kids prevously studied in their Tai Tam Campus, their kids got into Canadian Int'l, SIS.  They said there were also kids got accepted by CIS, HKIS.

3#
發表於 07-4-5 15:58 |只看該作者

My daughter's oral english is not good as i put my daughter in local nursery this year.  After she studied for 6 mths, I feel that it is too harsh for her cos she is too active and i think the local education is not suitable for her, so finally, i decided put my daughter in int'l kinder. But, i think it is too late for her as it is hard to catch up english cirrculam, and we live with her grandparent, it is very hard to provide an english environment for her. I m sooo worry about my daughter's future, what can i do if she is not accept by int'l primary........i know i think too much, and i will check with school after easter holiday

4#
發表於 07-4-6 11:48 |只看該作者

autest_baby ,

It is not late !
Will you put her to full day class I mean 8-hours english as learning.

How old does her? As per my experience, kid can take faster only few months to half years.

Don't worry!

bobogood

5#
發表於 07-4-6 12:42 |只看該作者

bobogood,

She only attend a 1/2 day k1 class in the coming year, it is hard to find a full day int'l class, any recommendation? i m so frustrated! It's really too late, I always blame myself why i didn't put her to an int'l pre-nursery at the very beginning. I really haven't think of put my daughter in int'l school at first, but after she study for 6 mths in local nursery, i found that local education is not suitable forr her, then i change my mind to put her in an int'l kinder, but her oral is not good, its really make me so worry. Hope there's improvement after she study in int'l kinder.

6#
發表於 07-4-6 20:00 |只看該作者

autest_baby ,

You can try to approach YMCA Int'l Kindergarten(Tsimshatsui), my son has finished his kindergarten there.  YMCA has half day and full day class.  There are very good training for english.

The teachers of YMCA are very patient, the head teacher and principal are very helpful.  They helped my son to solve a lot of problems.  My son is studying G3 now.

Bobogood

7#
發表於 07-4-6 20:56 |只看該作者

bobogood,

do u mind tell me how old did your child first enrolled in YMCA INT"L KINDER? Are the principle and teachers there native speakers? Is it hard to get enrolled at that school? I'd also like to know the possibility of going to the International primary school after graduated from that school? When is the deadline of applying K1 at YMCA? What does G3 mean? Sorry for so many questions as I am really in dire sitaution in selecting an appropriate Kinder for my daughter.

Have u heard about Tutor Time kinder? My daugter will start studying there from begining of September this year.

P.S if you have the telephone of YMCA, pls tell me. Many Many thanks.

Autest Mom

8#
發表於 07-4-6 21:12 |只看該作者

bobogood,

some more things need to ask....

1. Are the child there all Chinese, any other child from other countries?

2. Are the children there communicate in english? or just speak Cantonese?

autest_baby

9#
發表於 07-4-6 22:17 |只看該作者

autest_baby,

Do you live on Hong Kong island?

autest_baby 寫道:
bobogood,

She only attend a 1/2 day k1 class in the coming year, it is hard to find a full day int'l class, any recommendation? i m so frustrated! It's really too late, I always blame myself why i didn't put her to an int'l pre-nursery at the very beginning. I really haven't think of put my daughter in int'l school at first, but after she study for 6 mths in local nursery, i found that local education is not suitable forr her, then i change my mind to put her in an int'l kinder, but her oral is not good, its really make me so worry. Hope there's improvement after she study in int'l kinder.

10#
發表於 07-4-6 22:18 |只看該作者

autest_baby,

There are majorly Chinese, some Japanese, Korean, Indian and white people.  They come from different countries. All student must speak english in school.

My son was direct promoted to K1  from YMCA Nursey.  He studied there three years from K1-K3. He is studying G3 primary 3 now.

Normally the students of YMCA will select ESF primary school, or other international schools. ex:  CAIS, ICS, etc.  But some will  choose main stream schools.

YMCA Int'l Kindergarten - all teachers are native english speakers.

Address :  2/F., Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui
Tel :  2268 7766
Fax : 2722 4040
E-mail kindergarten @ymcahk.org.hk

Head teacher :  Susan Young (She is English and very very helpful) but I don't know she is still there or not you try to call the secretary)

Any question, please let me know.

Bobogood

11#
發表於 07-4-6 23:41 |只看該作者

bobogood,

Really thanks for your reply, u r so helpful and the information are very very useful. i think i will contact YMCA after Easter holiday. Again, thank you!

autest_baby

12#
發表於 07-4-6 23:42 |只看該作者

Hannahchan,

I live in Kowloon side, what about u?

autest_baby

13#
發表於 07-4-7 08:36 |只看該作者

autest_baby,

If you can come to the Hong Kong side, try the Woodland preschools.  The environment there is very international.  Most of the students are foreigners, if you don't mind that being the case.  It will provide a total immersion environment for your child.  I don't think 3 years old is too late.  Children adapt very fast.  

I believe they have full day class too.  Anyway, I think it might be too far for you.  

14#
發表於 09-6-2 17:53 |只看該作者
autest_baby

So....how is your daughter going now? Where does she go? Is she in internatioanl school or local school?

Well, my daughter studied in HLYIS which is an excellent school. You may consider putting your daughter there for primary, then switch to other ISs in secondary school.

All the best

15#
發表於 09-6-2 19:37 |只看該作者
I agreed that putting your child in full time with YMCA is a good choice.  Children learn from each other.  The children at YMCA speak only English to each other and the teachers.  Don't get disappointed if you find the teachers are Chinese or Indians.  They all speak good English and insisted all children to do the same.  The only drawback is the fee, quite expensive!

16#
發表於 09-6-2 20:45 |只看該作者
原帖由 Onsen 於 09-6-2 19:37 發表
I agreed that putting your child in full time with YMCA is a good choice.  Children learn from each other.  The children at YMCA speak only English to each other and the teachers.  Don't get disappoin ...

$7,000 for full day school is not too bad.  However, all the teachers are Chinese or Indian.

17#
發表於 09-6-2 22:07 |只看該作者
autest_baby,

Let me share my case with you: we moved back to HK from Toronto when my daughter was a little younger than 4.  She doesn't speak English at all since we didn't think we would move back to HK so we just speak Cantonese with her at home.  We put her in an int'l kindergarten and she starts picking up English slowly but still not fluent.  

Last summer I started to worry about her English standard cos not much time left for the ESF interview.  So I put her in a full day summer program organized by Woodland and tried talking to her daily in English.

I may have over worried since when she started K3 (i.e. last year at the intl kindergarten), she started to pick up very fast.  Fortunately she passed the ESF interview too.  Now she seems to be thinking in English (not just talking) instead of Chinese.  Gosh, I have to worry her Chinese now!!

So it's never too late, and you are just K1, lots of time to catch up.  Only that you have to pick the right kindergarten that may help you get yr foot at the door of your targetted school.  

Good luck!

18#
發表於 09-6-3 13:38 |只看該作者
I also highly recommend Woodland Pre-school to you.    Woodland has full day summer fun programme in July and August (total 8 weeks).  But the school will not provide lunch.

原帖由 HannahChan 於 07-4-7 08:36 發表
autest_baby,

If you can come to the Hong Kong side, try the Woodland preschools.  The environment there is very international.  Most of the students are foreigners, if you don't mind that being the c ...

[ 本帖最後由 Yau_Cheung 於 09-6-3 13:44 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題