密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 海外留學 有無澳洲媽媽 ?大家可有澳洲雪梨小學介紹 ...
查看: 5419|回覆: 24
go

有無澳洲媽媽 ?大家可有澳洲雪梨小學介紹

發表於 06-11-28 15:21 |顯示全部帖子

有無澳洲媽媽 ?大家可有澳洲雪梨小學介紹

小女一月將要到當地上學一年, 下星期會到雪梨並打算向學校敲門, 但澳洲領事館只有一本有關小學的資料, 仕按學校名排列, 我都全無概念, 又無親友在那裡, 煩請各位多多指教.

發表於 06-11-28 19:07 |顯示全部帖子

Re: 有無澳洲媽媽 ?大家可有澳洲雪梨小學介紹

are you going there as an Australian PR/citizen or as an overseas student?
which surburb of Sydney will you be living?
I may be able to give you some advice.

發表於 06-11-28 20:23 |顯示全部帖子

You may try P.L.C., that's a good school!!!

發表於 06-11-29 14:17 |顯示全部帖子

there are 2 PLCs for girls in Sydney
1 - Pymble Ladies College
2 - Presbyterian Ladies College

發表於 06-11-29 16:28 |顯示全部帖子

多謝大家的回應, 我真的心急得要死 !!
從網上查得 3 個地區 - Surry Hills, Pyrmont & Chatswood.  我們還未決定該住那區,
3/12 我們將到彼邦睇睇, 並決定住那一區及要拜訪學校
我們只是跟隨爸爸到雪梨工作一年, 好似係 一年的 temporary resisdnet.

What should I prepare for the application of the school ? Academic record / photo / brith certificate. Any other I missed ?

發表於 06-11-29 16:30 |顯示全部帖子

raema

My daughters is nine years old only,
these 2 college is OK for her ?

Do u have their website ?
They are private school or Public school ?
May I have their address ?

Thanks Thanks Thanks!

發表於 06-11-29 17:50 |顯示全部帖子

It depends where you live.  from the list you've given, i would suggest Chatswood public school over the other two.  If you haven't decide where to live, consider Neutral Bay and attend Neutral Bay Public School.  I think you can only attend the public school in the suburb you live in.  Are your children planning to return to HK to continue study? If so, suggest going to private school as there are more homework than public schools.  

FYI, in Australia, school year starts in January (unlike HK which commence in Sep).  You better hurry too, because schools will be closed for summer vacation mid Dec.

發表於 06-11-29 18:16 |顯示全部帖子

if you are temporary resident, most likely you can study in a government school without paying tuition fees, but if you choose to go to private school, then you will have to pay and there should be 2 rates, one for resident and one for overseas student.  resident's should be cheaper than overseas student.
school year starts every Jan/Feb and end around Nov, so if you are going there to visit in Dec, they should be on their summer holidays, there may not be anyone working in the admissions or registrar's office.  you should really contact the school to make an appointment before your visit.
the documents you mentioned are correct, and also bring the passport with the temporary resident visa and any award/certificate gained at school or outside school's activities.
if you are applying for government school, you will need to have an address to show you live in xxx suburb so you want to apply for xxx suburb's government school for your daughter.
there are 4 terms a year, 1) end Jan/early Feb 2) Apr 3) July 4) Sep
its better to start in term 1 but it also depends on when you will arrive Australia
the 2 PLCs are private schools
I will give you more info later

發表於 06-11-29 19:07 |顯示全部帖子

Thank you raema & Ka_Ying

We just got the letter from Australia Company for the application of the working visa last week.  We are hurry to do all the necessary process. Now we are waiting for the visa approval.  

Yes, we will be back to HK after one year working in Sydney.  

Daddy will work in George Street, near Town Hall Station, is there any train station in Neutral Bay.  Is it convenient for Dad?

Friends, do u have any more information about Ballet Studies & Piano practise since I really want my daughter can keep study of these.  She finished the Grade 2 exam of Ballet and Grade 3 exam of Piano studies.

Thanks a lot for yr kindy attention.

發表於 06-11-29 19:46 |顯示全部帖子

There is no train system in Neutral Bay, it is on the lower North Shore.  But there should be buses going to the CBD (Central Business District) frequently on Military Road.

發表於 06-11-29 20:41 |顯示全部帖子

So, should we consider Neutral Bay ? Daddy will work in city - just next to Town Hall station.

冬日勳章

發表於 06-11-30 01:41 |顯示全部帖子

miccheung ,
Chatswood是一個好的區,我自己係 Chatswood住過大約一年,D野係會貴D,但有好多中國人,我聽朋友講,話學校都唔錯的...
我朋友的囡囡依家係香港讀小一,但出年都會番去 Pymble Ladies College讀
另外,可以到以下網址參考一下:
<<TOP OF THE TOPS>>

發表於 06-11-30 10:10 |顯示全部帖子

Dear all,
I am looking for a secondary school for my boys who will continue his study after F.3 in Syndey.  They are OZ citizen.  Please advise some good choices for public school(both boys or coed).  Any recommandation? Thanks.

發表於 06-11-30 13:25 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 06-11-30 13:27 |顯示全部帖子

i used to live in neutral bay, and my husband takes the bus to wynyard everyday (about 15mins - the 'express' bus).  i remember there are buses that goes to town hall too.  it sounds more convenient if you live along the northern suburbs train line (i.e. Chatswood would be a good choice, and it has a pretty big chinese community there, so it should be easier for you & your famiy).  

as i mentioned before, if you're going to take the children back to HK, and want to keep up piano, better off pay a bit more & go to a private school.  my sister studied at pymble ladies' college and she took up both piano & tennis lessons while attending school there from primary 5.   i'm not sure about ballet lessons though.  i think if you're serious to attend pymble ladies', it's worthwhile to call from HK ASAP... my sister was lucky to get in because we arranged meeting with the headmaster just before x'mas holiday, and got the acceptance just before the school staff goes on holiday.  i know many friends who want to send the children/ sisters to pymble ladies' need to wait on waiting list.

For Today: for public boys' school, depends where you live.  would suggest Epping Boys' High School, Killara High (co-ed), Randwick High.  If your son's English is very good & has good report cards from HK, bring along and knock the doors of selective schools, the best one is James Ruse Argri. High School, North Syd Boys' is pretty good as well.

發表於 06-11-30 16:00 |顯示全部帖子

Dear Ka_Ying,
Thank you so much for information.  I will study the school one by one.  It seems that you are very familiar with the situation in Sydney.  May I know is there any web site I could get the most updated information?  Once again, thanks for your sharing.

發表於 06-11-30 18:55 |顯示全部帖子

you're welcome.  i just want to share with you my thoughts, and hope they're useful.  i have gone through similar situation almost 10 years ago and i know how it feels.  luckily at that time, i have some friends already settled down in Sydney so they could help me with accommodation & looking for a good school for my sister.  

sorry i am not aware of any website for more updated information, but if you have any questions, don't be shy, just ask, there are lots of BK members willing to help.   

just out of curiosity, have you considered sending your daughter to catholic or christian school?  

發表於 06-11-30 23:19 |顯示全部帖子

There is a book published by Sydney Morning Herald every year, listing all the schools in Sydney, and the categories of publc school, private school, selective public school, schools with boarding facilites, boy/girl schools, catholic schools...and exam results on HSC....etc.  If you have friends going there, ask them to pick up one for you from any Newsagent.

發表於 06-12-1 08:45 |顯示全部帖子

Dommon,
Thanks and I would try to get one.

Ka_ying,
Mine are boys and I prefer Christain school. Some of my relatives told me that govt subsidized or private schools would be better.  But considering the costs, I still prefer public school. For high school, is it necessary to live within the school like the primary school?

發表於 06-12-1 08:55 |顯示全部帖子

Hi Today, yes, your boys need to live in the same area as the high school (just like govt. primary school)