搜索
教育王國 討論區 番禺會所華仁小學 Hello to all WY parents here
發新帖
查看: 2698|回覆: 7
go

Hello to all WY parents here [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 13-6-1 13:50 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Today is my lucky day.  Originally I applied for St Joe since I am an old boy.  But, obviously lost in the first round.  Then I put in my application for the lottery, ED called me up to verify my address.  Yes, my son goes to school in Yuen Long for K3...well, living area is ten times better than city.  So ED said I am not eligible to for Wan Chai network...for god sake, I have a place in HV as well and the deed clearly showed my name and they still don't believe me.  To cut it short, today's lottery, my son got into WY.  Excellent!
But for you parents, I know St Joe and WY by heart.  I've studied in both schools before.  If you ask me which is better, St Joe is better academic wise and WY actually will return you a better son.  I remembered when I was in St Joe, P1 already using P2 english books.  Everyday copying assessment was already an assessment.  I still remembered that the whole chalk board was full of assessments.  But when I went onto WY, they actually teach you to be a better person.  Ok, academic wise, it wasn't easy, but at least I did not feel as pressured as I was in St Joe.   
   3    0    0    0

2#
發表於 13-6-1 13:57 |只看該作者
On one hand, you have to know your son's capability.  St Joe is very demanding, both on the kids and on the parents.  WY is less demanding...i mean a little less only!
But to me, learning is not only on school books, its about how to be a better person.  If you really are looking for making your kids to learn new things and able to do calculus in primary school, you are completely wrong.  We can pick all that up in university.  My idea is to give my son all the foundations he needs for the up coming future.  As long as he knows the principle, he will go figure out by his own.  If he failed, well, it is my job to tell him that he is on the wrong track, but sorry, no correct answer will be given.

Well, I seldom get on this site, hope all you WY parents have a fun and meaningful experience with WY.

Yeap, WY is the best.

3#
發表於 13-6-2 01:03 |只看該作者

回覆:bedema 的帖子

Thanks for your sharing!

4#
發表於 13-6-5 23:24 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 swcon 於 13-7-11 17:58 編輯

5#
發表於 13-6-6 20:19 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 lugano 於 13-6-6 20:23 編輯
bedema 發表於 13-6-1 13:50
Today is my lucky day.  Originally I applied for St Joe since I am an old boy.  But, obviously lost  ...

Hi Bedema... thanks for this very interesting sharing

There is another thread about these 2 school and I have shared your thoughts with them, hope you do not mind

灣仔區12網, 華仁VS ST.JOE, 會點揀?
http://www.edu-kingdom.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2584201&extra=page%3D1

6#
發表於 13-7-3 11:12 |只看該作者
Thanks for sharing!

7#
發表於 13-7-18 10:43 |只看該作者
Excellent sharing bedema

8#
發表於 13-9-12 11:41 |只看該作者
回復 bedema 的帖子

Just want to know, for your son to select 自行(Stage 1), u chose St Jo, may I know why u chose WY at 甲一乙一?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題