用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 小一面試分享:無奬、無証書、無交個人檔案的結果 ...
樓主: iantsang
go

小一面試分享:無奬、無証書、無交個人檔案的結果    

醒目開學勳章

發表於 11-10-7 09:28 |顯示全部帖子
congratulations!!

發表於 11-10-7 09:37 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 iantsang 於 11-10-6 18:32 發表

Thank you but the one we like the most, probably need to wait until June next year.

But we learn a lot more about this school through the interview process, plus information from the info-session.  ...

聖x始終是你的至愛, 若女拔有機還是會考慮的...

醒目開學勳章

發表於 11-10-7 09:53 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 p_hsy 於 11-10-6 22:50 發表
Ian, you are our role model!

Thank you very much for the compliment but I am afraid I am just a regular parent like everyone here.

We are here to look after for each other and so, this is what everyone here are doing like I do.

王國長老

發表於 11-10-7 09:56 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 LingChiBaBa 於 11-10-7 00:38 發表
墨版近排咁忙都得閒過嚟EK 八吓。

Ian,好開心你帶D正能量俾大家。其實當年開始上嚟EK,唔知道係得定係失。無錯,喺度會得有唔少資訊,但同時間又多咗唔同嘅壓力。家長們要解開選校嘅心魔其實唔容易。 ...

呵呵, 基本上我每日都入教育版幾次, 特別係小一選校版, 小學雜談版及學校情報版. 最近是報名及面試的高峰期, 仍有很多資料未放入學校情報版, 奈何最近正是多事之秋, 實在兼顧不了, 目標仍然是盡快加入更多學校的開放日及申請日期入學校情報版.

醒目開學勳章

發表於 11-10-7 09:56 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 LingChiBaBa 於 11-10-7 00:38 發表
墨版近排咁忙都得閒過嚟EK 八吓。

Ian,好開心你帶D正能量俾大家。其實當年開始上嚟EK,唔知道係得定係失。無錯,喺度會得有唔少資訊,但同時間又多咗唔同嘅壓力。家長們要解開選校嘅心魔其實唔容易。 ...

Hi LingChiBaBa,

It's been a while!

I agree with you.  This forum is just marvelous with so much information being shared.  But with the overload of information, it is also difficult for anyone to comprehend.  Turns out, you might just need a even bigger efforts to understand all these information.

And true like you said, it just bring even more peer pressure to the parents who already are a bit lost.  Just hope everyone can be more supportive here, then we can all have a better future for our next generation.

Good luck to us all!

Ian

醒目開學勳章

發表於 11-10-7 09:57 |顯示全部帖子
Ian,
多謝你分享....你係一個好成功例子...好值得我地學習....那你覺的成功關件除了面試表現之外....無cert profile你如何表達出你倆對囡囡關愛!

醒目開學勳章

發表於 11-10-7 10:03 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 wing 於 11-10-7 02:16 發表
樓主 , 相信你囡囡一定係好乖好叻既小朋友.

我亞女係一個非常慢熱既小朋友. 但若單睇待人接物, 禮貌, 我對亞女有絕對既信心, 但都係擔心考唔到心儀既小學.  係因為對學校無信心, 唔係怕佢地教得唔好, 只係覺得學校 ...

Thank you for my daughter but I hope she knows she can do better everyday.

Sometimes, as I reminded other parents before, it is a two-way process.  If some schools have such way to differentiate their students, by following their concepts and submit the information they wanted, this implies that you agree with the philosophy of this school.  So, there are plenty of schools, and really there are lots of good schools.

Just to share some more.  As much as I don't believe in the central allocation, exactly the evening before I received our first letter, I was actually browsing through all the gov't aided schools in our school net.  I thought it may be time that I should start considering what schools may fit my daughter and I think there are choices available.  Of course, religion is an issue for us but I have already started to think what we can do to overcome this.  So, there are always choices, just don't limit ourselves.

醒目開學勳章

發表於 11-10-7 10:11 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 spmok1999 於 11-10-7 09:37 發表

聖x始終是你的至愛, 若女拔有機還是會考慮的...

女拔?  It's not even in our short-listed of schools being considered.    We didn't apply to neither DGJS nor SPCCPS, in case this is a question you or others may have in mind.

Based on my observation of my daughter during interviews, from the outside, probably she may have a good chance of being selected.  However, she would not enjoy it from the inside.  Six or even twelve years of school life take a lot more than surviving the interviews.  Being admitted doesn't mean the child suits this school, it simple means the school believe the child suits them.  There is a slight difference there.  

王國長老

發表於 11-10-7 10:13 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 iantsang 於 11-10-7 09:19 發表

Thanks edea!

All I want to say is, parents shouldn't rely on these physical documents to represent what kind of person their children are.  They are meant to be for reference only.  At the end, it  ...

打理組班專區時記得見到有些帖子, 是組意大利文班, 德文班等, 組班對象是幼稚園生.

其實我比較相信是裝作組班招攬幼兒, 亦同時想, 是否有此需要? 回覆的家長是真的想孩子學會此兩種外語? 還是純粹為孩子的portfolio增添更多cerficate?

我自己沒有打算短期內讓孩子往外國升學, 所以亦不會讓她學習不常用到的外語, 因為學了又怎樣? 不常用, 三個月後已經完全還給老師.

家長是否應該仔細思考, 孩子喜歡什麼, 對什麼有興趣, 再在這方面去栽培, 是讓孩子去enjoy學習過程, 而非每個周末充塞大量各式各樣的興趣班, 美其名是讓孩子探索其潛能, 實際上, 孩子是滿足家長意願去參與.

我聽過一個例子, 有個家長, 聽別人講enopi好啊, 就讓孩子參加enopi, 接進又聽說其他家長說珠心算好啊, 又報名; 再聽其他家長說奧數不錯啊, 又趕忙報名. 事實上, 該家長完全不知道enopi是什麼, 奧數是什麼, 反正人有我有, 付得起錢, 別輸蝕了.

對我來說是tragedy, 他的孩子就在沒有方向的父母手中團團轉.

醒目開學勳章

發表於 11-10-7 10:15 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Pigbaby 於 11-10-7 09:57 發表
Ian,
多謝你分享....你係一個好成功例子...好值得我地學習....那你覺的成功關件除了面試表現之外....無cert profile你如何表達出你倆對囡囡關愛!

Sorry as I mentioned before, really this is not a matter of being successfully admitted.  All I want to say is all these factors should be part of the education of the children.  So, they should have all gone inside of her.  I don't need to (and don't want to) express that as a parent.  If I have done so, then I am a helicopter parent.  As parents all I can do is to love her everyday as much as I can.  Her future is on her own, and she has to walk the path by herself.

王國長老

發表於 11-10-7 10:18 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 iantsang 於 11-10-7 10:11 發表

女拔?  It's not even in our short-listed of schools being considered.    We didn't apply to neither DGJS nor SPCCPS, in case this is a question you or others may have in m ...

要有Ian兄的定力 有清晰的方向, 十分了解女兒, 為女兒尋找合適的學校, 而不是為女兒尋找有名氣的學校, 重點是讓女兒有最佳的發揮. 最重要是孩子和學校不是錯配.

醒目開學勳章

發表於 11-10-7 10:27 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 edea 於 11-10-7 09:56 發表

呵呵, 基本上我每日都入教育版幾次, 特別係小一選校版, 小學雜談版及學校情報版. 最近是報名及面試的高峰期, 仍有很多資料未放入學校情報版, 奈何最近正是多事之秋, 實在兼顧不了, 目標仍然是盡快加入更多學校的開 ...

辛苦哂,大家分工合作啦!

發表於 11-10-7 10:31 |顯示全部帖子

回復 67# iantsang 的帖子

Ian

"Sometimes, as I reminded other parents before, it is a two-way process.  If some schools have such way to differentiate their students, by following their concepts and submit the information they wanted, this implies that you agree with the philosophy of this school.  So, there are plenty of schools, and really there are lots of good schools."

I echoed your view, not even primary, same for secondary and university in studying.

BTW, I learnt this from my son when he was interviewed by LPCUWC. After the selection process, he discovered the school not fit his character.

ANChan59
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

發表於 11-10-7 10:42 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 iantsang 於 11-10-7 10:11 發表

女拔?  It's not even in our short-listed of schools being considered.    We didn't apply to neither DGJS nor SPCCPS, in case this is a question you or others may have in m ...

大家的想法都有所不同, 但最終目的都是為女兒好, 盡可能不會強迫女子學或參與一些她沒有與趣或不必要的興趣班或課程, 將來還有很長的路要行, 繼續努力...

發表於 11-10-7 10:49 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 iantsang 於 11-10-6 16:53 發表

Sorry did you mean my wife is a full-time housewife?

What I also didn't mention before, is that not just her who are with the kids all the time.  I have also stayed home to work most of the time in ...

Congrats Ian.

I totally agreed with your point that it is most important and previous to treasure more time with the kids at this stage.  My husband is also a full time dad.  It's so valuable to spend every minute with the kids.  Time flies and hard to chase back.

醒目開學勳章

發表於 11-10-7 11:19 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 edea 於 11-10-7 10:13 發表
......家長是否應該仔細思考, 孩子喜歡什麼, 對什麼有興趣, 再在這方面去栽培, 是讓孩子去enjoy學習過程, 而非每個周末充塞大量各式各樣的興趣班, 美其名是讓孩子探索其潛能, 實際上, 孩子是滿足家長意願去參與.  ...

Agree and this is also what we do.  All the classes that our daughter is taking, are all initiated by herself.  By taking it a step further, we always have this cool-off period between her suggestions, and the actual application of these courses.  So, during this period, we can let her observe and understand more what these classes are about.  It is also a good learning process.

Also found many parents are giving classes to children for areas they didn't have a chance to learn when they are young......  for the kids, anything new is fun, but then you missed out a critical part for them to develop their own talents.

醒目開學勳章

發表於 11-10-7 11:21 |顯示全部帖子

回復 71# edea 的帖子

edea,

I guess you know me better than myself now!   still learning!  Add oil together!

醒目開學勳章

發表於 11-10-7 11:28 |顯示全部帖子

回復 73# ANChan59 的帖子

Hi ANChan59,

I am flattered!  For us, there is still a long road ahead even though we are just talking about them in schools.  There are still plenty of things that they have to face themselves in the future.  So, all we can do is get them prepared.

Very much appreciated your response.

Ian

醒目開學勳章

發表於 11-10-7 11:32 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 gwlam 於 11-10-7 10:49 發表

Congrats Ian.

I totally agreed with your point that it is most important and previous to treasure more time with the kids at this stage.  My husband is also a full time dad.  It's so valuable to s ...

Thank you.

I still can't consider myself as a full time dad!  I am only fortunate to have put myself into a profession that working remotely is possible.  Of course there are still a lot involved to make this happen.

If possible, of course it would be ideal to spend every minutes with them but that is still a luxury to our family.  At the end, just like most families, the parents still have to make a living.  But I do believe that money isn't everything.  So that's how we can make the difficult decision.

Thank you for sharing!

發表於 11-10-7 12:10 |顯示全部帖子
很高興見到有正能量的帖子.
人總會有迷失方向的時候, 真的需要一些正面的信息帶我們回歸正途.