密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Chinese International School questions
發新帖
查看: 2831|回覆: 3
go

Chinese International School questions

發表於 11-1-24 11:18 |顯示全部帖子
We are looking for kinder for our boy at the moment.  We want to emphasize on English (my native) and Mandarin(my husbamd's native) and hope that our son can go on to a really university in the US in the future.  My friends have suggested this school to me and also said the admission is extremely restricted due to the high standards of academics and family background.  Can someone who have come across this school shed some light on this?  We are both working professionals with MBA from the US and combined income is around $2M, however we don't really have any speical "network" to back us up.

發表於 11-1-24 11:21 |顯示全部帖子
I also learned that CIS reception year starts from the age of 4.  Would it be a good idea to send my boy to another kinder for a couple of years (pn and k1) such as KCIS and Victoria to help him build a solid foundation in English and mandarin?

發表於 11-1-24 13:50 |顯示全部帖子
HK$2m or US$2m?
Is it a good idea to limit your choice to just one school in this competitive environment?
(There are almost 100 so-called international schools in HK!)

發表於 11-1-24 17:41 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 4eyesDad 於 11-1-24 13:50 發表
HK$2m or US$2m?
Is it a good idea to limit your choice to just one school in this competitive environment?
(There are almost 100 so-called international schools in HK!)

Are you also considering this school for your child?  Haveyou applied and if yes please share with me what your experience has been.  Knowing that the admission rate is less than 20% at the good international schools like CIS,I would suggest that you should target a least 5 to 6 of them to ensure admission.  Right now CIS is on top of my list as we are very academic focused and also want to ensure his bilingual capability.  Just want to know given our education background and name level if we are a bit far from getting our boy admitted.