搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 如果RC 收 , 值得讀嗎 ?
樓主: C.K.K.K
go

如果RC 收 , 值得讀嗎 ? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 10-10-11 11:28 |只看該作者

What is the interview like?

It's so great to see so many RC parents here!  I apply for it this year and wonder how will the interview like.

My boy is quite shy and quite when he's in a strange environment so I think he definitely has NO edge in interview :( Besides, I live in the Island right now and I don't think there will be 10 or more kids applying to RC in my son's kindy (I don't know whether the RC adopts the same interview policy as the ESF- sending the vice pricipal to the kindy for observation when there are more then 10 applicants in the same school)... so the only way to get in is a gd interview performance~~  So just want to learn from all of you how could get my son better prepared for it.  Would u pls share with me?

22#
發表於 10-10-15 01:48 |只看該作者
原帖由 C.K.K.K 於 10-10-4 16:42 發表
I heard some ESF kinder mothers said RC is not good as ESF foundation primary schools. Is it true.  I applied ESF primary school and RC.
Please advise. Thanks.

My son is in RC year one this year. After reading your post, I think your question needs to be re-phrased. Because you are comparing RC with all ESF primary schools in HK, which I think no one can really provide a legitimate answer.

When I was in your position last year, I made my life very simple, just purely compared Shatin Junior with RC and these were strictly the only two schools that I had applied for my son. I did not even bother submitting application forms to schools outside Shatin/MOS area, because traveling time was one of my major selecting criteria. Now my son has been attending RC for 2 months, I would say I am quite happy with this school so far. Not only the communication with parents is well managed, I can strongly feel the teachers there have good passion in making RC a good school. For a school which has only a short history of 4-5 years, I would say what they have achieved so far is very outstanding. I believe if they keep up the good work, RC will become a very top IS, it is only a matter of time.

Regarding students' behaviour after school, I don't agree blaming on the school. The major responsbility of those controversial students should really go to their parents, such as not spending enough time with and caring their children. School is a community, a small scale of the world which we lived in today. Students with unflavour behavior happens in all the high schools worldwide. I went to a prestige grammar school when I was young, studied together whose students' parents were politician, scientist, doctors, still I saw a number of them took drugs, but I never hang around with them because I was not brought up that way by my parents.

Concerning the English speaking level of RC, again it depends much on students' home background. My child speaks English with a good accent, because I spoke English with him at home since K2. He already had a good accent before entering RC.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題