用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Is Hong Lok Yuen International School a good school?
發新帖
查看: 4295|回覆: 14
go

Is Hong Lok Yuen International School a good school? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-8-20 00:55 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Has anyone heard of this international school? Is a good or not?
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 10-8-21 20:05 |只看該作者
From what I feel and what I heard
Yes it is a good school

3#
發表於 10-8-22 10:27 |只看該作者
原帖由 vioneh 於 10-8-20 00:55 發表
Has anyone heard of this international school? Is a good or not?

the school is a smaller school but good.  The children are also very bilingual.

4#
發表於 10-8-22 16:58 |只看該作者
lottieclee &Aprmum,tks for your info. i've heard from one mum that it's a good school but most of the students are from rich families... i'm just worried if my kid goes to this school, he will feel inferior to others....

5#
發表於 10-8-22 18:45 |只看該作者
Actually we are not a rich family but we tried our best to provide the education we desired for our child.

I guess the comment of "rich family" based on the school fee- 8xxx per month plus 12000 annual capital levy.

What the school need most is the involvement of the parents. It is a community school which has lots of activities requires the parents to participate e.g. the picnic lunch and movie night. It also serves as the base of the communication between the school and the parents.

6#
發表於 10-8-23 10:23 |只看該作者
原帖由 vioneh 於 10-8-22 16:58 發表
lottieclee &Aprmum,tks for your info. i've heard from one mum that it's a good school but most of the students are from rich families... i'm just worried if my kid goes to this school, he will feel in ...

I think the "rich family" image is there only because Hong Lok Yuen residents have priority in application.  Many family I know who send their children there are a little better than middle class, not rich.

7#
發表於 10-8-25 01:00 |只看該作者

回覆 1# lottieclee 的文章

I see ,tks tks

8#
發表於 10-9-18 23:27 |只看該作者
can anyone share with me about interview procedure conducted by HLY? what kinds of questions will be asked for the admission of pre-nursery?

9#
發表於 10-9-19 07:50 |只看該作者
I only attended the primary interview but I guess the patten is more or less the same.

The child will be taken by a teacher for assessment. They will observe the child language ability in English by asking them to draw a picture or construct sth by Lego. While the parent will stay in the room for the I terview with the

10#
發表於 10-9-19 08:01 |只看該作者
I only attended the primary interview but I guess the patten is more or less the same.

The child will be taken by a teacher for assessment. They will observe the child language ability in English by asking them to draw a picture or construct sth by Lego. While the parent will stay in the room for the Interview with the parents. They will go though the information listed in the application, your background and your job. In a word, they want to have a better understanding on u n ensure your English ability which is capable to communicate with the school if your child is a enrolled.

Before the end of the interview, the principal will show u around the campus n time for Q and A.

Last time, my interview last for 45min. Around one or two wks time, they will notify u the result.

11#
發表於 10-9-20 01:02 |只看該作者
Thank you very much Aprmum. You've shared very detailed & useful information with me~~ Hope that interview for PN admission is more or less same as Primary interview.... Btw, may I know which kindergarten did your kid study before studying in HLY primary section?

12#
發表於 10-9-20 21:11 |只看該作者
we back from overseas :)

13#
發表於 10-11-5 01:05 |只看該作者
Thank you for your information. Our family is coming back overseas as well and is currently looking for kindergarten for our 3-year-old.HLY & NIS are on the top of our list. Your info is very helpful!

原帖由 Aprmum 於 10-9-19 08:01 發表 [url,=http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/redirect.php?goto=findpost&pid=33192099&ptid=2229291][/url]

The child will be taken by a teacher for assessment. They will observe the child language ability in English by  ...

14#
發表於 10-11-6 00:32 |只看該作者
Hi Jeanmom, have you enrolled Nursery for your kid in Hong Lok Yuen?

15#
發表於 10-11-9 11:10 |只看該作者
Not yet. We have several schools in mind and plan to visit each school in Dec when we are back for vacation. I have heard good things about HLY, both from this board and expat parents. Yet, I still want to visit the school and confirm that myself. The tuition is also another concern. It's kind of on the expensive side (at least to my standard). I have a younger son whom I want to enroll in the same school as my daughter's in the future. With 2 kids in an international school, tuition adds up quickly.

How about you? Are you planning to enroll your kid there?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題