用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 K2 Local Kinder -> ESF Discovery Bay ??
發新帖
查看: 2832|回覆: 8
go

K2 Local Kinder -> ESF Discovery Bay ??

發表於 10-7-10 10:39 |顯示全部帖子
Do you think DB would interview applicant from local kinder?  Heard that not all applicants can have a chance to be interviewed unless you have privilege e.g ESF, sibling etc.....

Any suggestion for me to increase the chance of being interviewed or get a pass for the accessment?

[ 本帖最後由 t88amb 於 10-7-10 17:37 編輯 ]

發表於 10-7-10 12:40 |顯示全部帖子
i don't think they will discriminate any applicants.
However, even if you apply Year 1 on time, you may need to wait > 2 years before a vacant place is available (of course u need to pass the interview).

發表於 10-7-10 15:43 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 2# oooray 的文章

I see , but why still need to wait for >2 yr if pass the Y1 interview?   cant i just transfer to study Y1 after finishing the local kinder  K2?

發表於 10-7-11 17:19 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 t88amb 於 10-7-10 15:43 發表
I see , but why still need to wait for >2 yr if pass the Y1 interview?   cant i just transfer to study Y1 after finishing the local kinder  K2?

All applicants that pass the interview still need to go according to ESF system priority system.  That's why you would have to pass the interview and go on the waiting list and children who are in ESF kindergartens have priority to enter before you.

[ 本帖最後由 lottieclee 於 10-7-11 22:46 編輯 ]

發表於 10-7-12 10:20 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 t88amb 於 10-7-10 15:43 發表

1st Year : most most probably no interview offer if u are Cat. 2, non ESF kinder student & not a silbling;
2nd Year : U may be invited for a waitlist interview, even u pass the interview, u are still being placed on the waitlist until an vacant place is available.
That's what they did in the last academic year.
Of course, if more students leave during the school year and more waitlist students give up the waiting list status, you may have an offer earlier.

發表於 10-7-19 11:31 |顯示全部帖子
are u talking about the PIS Discovery college?? seems that there is no categorizing system for admission.

http://www.discovery.edu.hk/cms/index.php/en/admissions/enrolment

醒目開學勳章

發表於 10-7-19 11:39 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 蜜蜜 於 10-7-19 11:31 發表
are u talking about the PIS Discovery college?? seems that there is no categorizing system for admission.

http://www.discovery.edu.hk/cms/index.php/en/admissions/enrolment

Usually, the 2 PIS (DC and RC), would interview ESF kindergarten children first. This is not on the book, but that is what we see happening during the last few year.
Of course, "priority" still means the priority to an interview and you need to pass an interview.

發表於 10-7-19 18:19 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Darth 於 10-7-19 11:39 發表

Usually, the 2 PIS (DC and RC), would interview ESF kindergarten children first. This is not on the book, but that is what we see happening during the last few year.
Of course, "priority" still mean ...

agreed......since ESF and PIS are "sister" schools...therefore i wont be surprised that they may have preference toward ESF kinders' kids though it is not written......

發表於 10-7-19 20:48 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 t88amb 於 10-7-19 18:19 發表

agreed......since ESF and PIS are "sister" schools...therefore i wont be surprised that they may have preference toward ESF kinders' kids though it is not written......

It is written on the website:

Students applying for enrolment to Discovery College may be placed on a waiting list. Where such waiting lists occur, priority for an admissions interview will be based on the following criteria; students who are:

Siblings of students already attending Discovery College

Children from ESF Educational Services Ltd kindergartens (for start of Year 1 only).

Former Discovery College students returning from a period overseas

Children of former Discovery College students.