搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ESF - Kennedy School
發新帖
查看: 3110|回覆: 3
go

ESF - Kennedy School

發表於 10-6-23 00:41 |顯示全部帖子
Hi all!  

I wonder if there's anyone who has kid(s) or knows anyone who's studying in this school?  

I applied for this school 1.5 years ago and was told that my son has been put on waiting list.  Since then, I didn't hear anything from them.  And then all of a sudden, I got a call from them last week, asking my son to go for an interview!  So we went yesterday...my son went in with 5-6 other kids and 30 minutes later, he was the only one who came out.  Just when I thought he might have failed the interview, a lady with a pile of papers then came to us and told us that my son has been accepted!!

She even asked us to pay the $10,000 ON THE SPOT!!  Gee, I wasn't expecting the result so soon!! Everything came so suddenly and hastily that we didn't know how to respond.  On top of that, we haven't even gotten a chance to have a look at the school!!  Unfortunately, they said it's impossible for us to have a school tour now as it is end of school year and everyone is super busy!  So we have to make a decision in a few days' time....

Can anyone shed some light on this or share your experience on this school (and the kids who study there)??  Any input will be MUCH appreciated.

發表於 10-6-23 09:55 |顯示全部帖子
My boy went to KS before moving to another school.

KS is a typical ESF school but with a higher portion of 鬼佬!

You should consider whether the ESF system is your cup of tea.  I guess school tour wouldn't help too much as KS is a just one of them.  FYI, the kids might use the field of HKU opposite to KS for PE / swimming.  The loction is a bit remote.  

原帖由 cjni143 於 10-6-23 00:41 發表
Hi all!  

I wonder if there's anyone who has kid(s) or knows anyone who's studying in this school?  

I applied for this school 1.5 years ago and was told that my son has been put on waiting list.  S ...
:-D :-D :-D :-D

發表於 10-6-23 18:18 |顯示全部帖子
1.5 yrs sounds a long wait! Is your son on Cat 2 and without any sibling priority? May I know which year group does KS offer your son a place?

[ 本帖最後由 OKmom 於 10-6-23 18:39 編輯 ]

發表於 10-6-28 20:07 |顯示全部帖子
So did you accept the offer?

My boy just got accepted and going there on Sept.
I had a tour and had pretty good feeling of it, school is big, good maintenance and lots of fresh air.

P1 kids will attend the swimming class starting next year with a low cost.

With all these different countries kids, this is an excellent opportunity to improve their English speaking skill and social skill (not just sitting in the classroom to listen to the teacher).