密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 IMS, stay or not?
發新帖
查看: 2587|回覆: 4
go

IMS, stay or not?

發表於 10-3-15 19:33 |顯示全部帖子
My daughter now studys in Kindergarden class of IMS. We get a letter from IMS to ask for confirmation of her place at 2010-2011 Reception class before mid-April. IMS is a good school with bilingual and montessori philosophy. My daughter and we are very happy that she learns at this school. However IMS only has class till to age 12 and the primary is in a rented classroom at Wanchai. No secondary school. Thus, we have applied for other formal IS and still wait for their results.

My question is that we stay at IMS till completion of primiary school? Or we move to formal IS? Would like to have feedback from parents of children who stay at IMS Reception or Primary. Opinions from other parents are also welcomed.

發表於 10-3-21 01:32 |顯示全部帖子
Hi zhangbaba,

I'm planning to send my daughter to the toddler program at IMS.  Can you share your experience at IMS?

I don't think that I will send my daughter to the reception class if she got the acceptance in the future coz it seems to me that it's not very "formal" in my mind.

發表於 10-3-21 10:36 |顯示全部帖子
My daughter joined the the toddler program at IMS since age 18 months. She liked to play with other kids; learn fast on simple English and Mandarin communication; also, the teachers encourage her to work and think independent.

發表於 11-4-26 21:12 |顯示全部帖子
I think you need to ask yourself why you prefer montessori schools.
Montessori school trains stduents independence and love of learning which other IS may not be able to provide.

發表於 11-4-27 10:15 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽