用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 SIS vs KCIS vs Victoria vs ISF,how to choose?
樓主: KELSEYLI
go

SIS vs KCIS vs Victoria vs ISF,how to choose? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 10-2-22 20:59 |只看該作者
肥騫,

I can only answer the students section.
I come from HK, but my classmates come from many different places:eg. one from Canada, many Singaporeans and some from HK. They can get along with each other.
原帖由 肥騫 於 10-2-22 09:08 發表
Thanks for your advice. I'm serious about that.

Sometimes, I wonder if students from HK can get along with those from Sing. Or they would separate into two groups??

How about parents group also? Ar ...

22#
發表於 10-2-22 21:08 |只看該作者
原帖由 肥騫 於 10-2-22 09:08 發表
Thanks for your advice. I'm serious about that.

Sometimes, I wonder if students from HK can get along with those from Sing. Or they would separate into two groups??

How about parents group also? Ar ...

Absolutely.   This is something I'd be least worried about.   I am a frequent visitor to the school and I notice the kids play very well together.  I don't think 'nationality' materialises in their own little worlds as they pretty much grow up together.   In the PY years, children stay in the same class so they are very familiar and comfortable with each other.   In P1, the school starts mixing 50% of the kids in one class with another.  In P2, only 20% of the kids from P1 will stay together.    This set up allows the children to expand their circle of friends and not fixated with a few individuals.      

As for parents, as in anywhere, some are more open and some more reserved.    There are many opportunities in SIS to meet and bond with other parents, eg. be lunch parents, swim parents, library parents, and at birthday parties.  I have made a number of friends both from and outside my son's class, so I would say the opportunity to build friendship is there if one is open.

[ 本帖最後由 JJsMama 於 10-2-22 21:12 編輯 ]

23#
發表於 10-2-24 16:06 |只看該作者
Hi Gogocat,

Your observation is very good! I think I would apply SIS PY1 for my child as I'm looking for IS with Chinese.

Hi Gogocat/ JJsMama and Compsognathus,

Thanks for your comments. Could you pls tell me how's the PY1 interview going? I'm a bit worried about his interview as he couldn't speak mandarin and he's a late speaker...

24#
發表於 10-4-25 06:42 |只看該作者
Yesterday, I went to SIS's open house and was very impressed by the students' abillity in speaking English and Putonghua as well as their IT / Presentation skills.  

Just interested to know, aside from the school fees, need we spend a lot of money in extra-ciricular activities, or educational tours, etc?

My kid is now 2+ years old and I am seriously considering SIS.  

Pls advise.  Thank you very much!

25#
發表於 10-4-26 20:54 |只看該作者
Hi Parents, we are also very interested in SIS.  We went to the Primary/PY open house last Sat.  I must say I'm a little more impressed the Primary section presentation than PY.  Somehow I didn't see a major difference of PY from other schools (e.g. Victoria).  I hope you can tell me I'm wrong.  The girls will go to Victoria for PN this August.  For parents with kids in SIS, where did your kids go before SIS PY?  Pls help.  Thx!

26#
發表於 10-5-3 16:31 |只看該作者
no response?

Pls give some la.

27#
發表於 10-5-4 17:34 |只看該作者
The school fee is the main part. Then add around one thousand something for the textbooks...some CCAs are free and education tours are offered for higher primary level...

原帖由 ikerberg 於 10-4-25 06:42 發表
Yesterday, I went to SIS's open house and was very impressed by the students' abillity in speaking English and Putonghua as well as their IT / Presentation skills.  

Just interested to know, aside fr ...

28#
發表於 10-5-6 05:27 |只看該作者
thank you yyyy

29#
發表於 10-5-6 10:50 |只看該作者
原帖由 ikerberg 於 10-4-25 06:42 發表

Just interested to know, aside fr ...

Hi Ikerberg, when you went to the open house, did the teacher tell you about Parallel Class for kids haven't performance issue?  They will put them in a smaller class setting until they improve.  I think it's good and bad for the kids.  What do you think?  Also, they said they require oral and written exams to get in.  I wonder how to prepare the kids for these entrance exams?  In any case, I will apply to try our luck.

30#
發表於 10-5-7 20:48 |只看該作者
hi twinsmum,

I didnt hear much about parallel class during the open house.  Yet, I think since SIS has to put additional resources to put parallel classes into practice, there must be good reasons behind...all we need to do is just believe in the school.

From common-sense analysis, it is easier to let the 'lagged behind' students to catch up in a class of smaller size.  The only downside, perhaps, is the potential psycho problem of the kids but since SIS has adopted such approaches, there is no reason to doubt about its merits.

Btw, I am also a twinsdad.  My eldest son is 2.5 years, whereas my twins (1 boy + 1 girl) is 9 mths.

Wish US good luck.

[ 本帖最後由 ikerberg 於 10-5-7 20:51 編輯 ]

31#
發表於 10-5-7 23:02 |只看該作者
由于香港教育制度多变,这几年报考sis的人数多了,而最近来香港工作的新加坡人也不少(他们是有优先权的),这就出现了一个粥少僧多的情况。

一个朋友的小儿子,前年考PY1,可惜碰上学校少开了一个班,结果要waiting list。去年再接再厉,同时报考了PY1和PY2,最后考进了PY1,小朋友是04年10底出生的,所以在PY1里面算是大BB,适应能力、学习进度等一切都非常好,一晃眼这个学期就快过去,今年9月就要升PY2了。

想分享的是,若你真的很想很想孩子进读某所学校,那么在有必要的时候,你就要放下身段,正如上面所提的这个故事,妈妈选择了让孩子在班里做一个大BB,我觉得没什么不好,最重要的是她达到进读这所学校的理想。

各位妈妈,加油吧,共勉之。

32#
發表於 10-5-10 05:45 |只看該作者
thank you for your sharing, evatsoihk!

33#
發表於 10-6-7 23:51 |只看該作者

Interview

Dear all SIS parents,

Your sharing  & info is really good . can any of you help to share How is what will be covered in the interview for PY1 ? I just know we can choose contonese or English.... other than that I got no info. Appreciate your sharing.

34#
發表於 10-6-8 10:18 |只看該作者
Hi Mommies,

I'm a parent of PY1 student. For the interview, the teachers will interview individually, they will tell a story and ask something about the story, then they will give a picture to spot the different. I dunt know whether will change this year. I guess not difficult. However, I dunt think the interview will conduct in Cantonese. Only avaliable for English or mandarin.

My boy is very happy in this school, and he's very good in both English and Chinese, they are very good in training kids' reading ability. My boy's classmates are talkative, no Singlish problem even he got 10 classmates from Singapore. Dunt hestitate to apply!! This is a very good school.

35#
發表於 10-6-10 23:24 |只看該作者

回覆 34# lamtsuiyee 的文章

Hi Lamtsuiyee,

Thank you . if you don't mind I would like to ask a bit more. As you mentioned they " interview individually", can parents stay with the kid and teacher during the interview ? Second, for the story telling part, will the teacher show the story book at the same time ? As my son born in Sept, if we take interview at Nov 2010, my son will be just 3 yr 2 months... I am very worry if the interview content will be too difficulty for him. As I called SIS and ask if they will accept my son apply in the next following year, but they said not allowed. Do you know if they will consider small kid ? thanks a lot

36#
發表於 10-6-11 10:13 |只看該作者
Hi 112200,

For interview, kids are required to interview by themselves, parent are waiting in another room. Regarding the story telling part, my son didn't mention it is a book or what, no matter what, your kid just required to listen and answer some simple questions. Each year, the interview will be held around Feb and the result will be known for few weeks later. I found some "small" kids in my son's class. No need to worry, they just accessed kids' languauge ability... Not too difficult....

37#
發表於 10-6-11 13:12 |只看該作者
Hi 112200,

My son is a Dec boy. He got accepted by SIS so you don't have to worry about the "small B" issue. Give your kid a try and believe in him. Kids can always do better than we thought!

38#
發表於 10-6-12 00:47 |只看該作者

回覆 37# XOGOGO 的文章

Thanks XOGOGO and Lamtsuiyee. Yes i will definitely let my son try. I know this is a good school and happy school. Good to hear the interview will be held at feb, then I got more time to observe if mandarine or English is more appropriate for my son. BTW will the teacher ask parents a lot of question?

39#
發表於 10-6-12 11:03 |只看該作者

回覆 38# 112200 的文章

If your child is not a native speaker of Putonghua, my advice is to choose Eng interview for him!

40#
發表於 10-6-16 15:06 |只看該作者

回覆 39# Bib 的文章

Hi Bib,

But my son is not a native speaker of English either. he is now studying in KCS and we are training his english at home recently. I would say he got quite even understanding on English & Putogua but still speak cantonese at his first priority. So really hard for me to decide on the interview language. just wondering would the teacher try both putongua and english when talking with the kid during the interview ?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題