用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 全因為你 ESF WKS kindergarden 我們成了孤兒仔 ...
查看: 8338|回覆: 26
go

全因為你 ESF WKS kindergarden 我們成了孤兒仔

發表於 10-2-5 00:06 |顯示全部帖子
係你 WKS 放弃了我,   我們成了孤兒仔

我們成了孤兒仔,

而家無IS有位

對唔住院長

如果我聽你講

留係原校

你會又多一個

入SJS既學生

發表於 10-2-5 00:12 |顯示全部帖子
Why you say that? Is it becoz of most of the K2 students don't get the offer to ESF primary? Please share more as my son got the offer to WKS K2 in Sep 2010. Thanks

發表於 10-2-5 00:23 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Quentin0227 於 10-2-5 00:12 發表
Why you say that? Is it becoz of most of the K2 students don't get the offer to ESF primary? Please share more as my son got the offer to WKS K2 in Sep 2010. Thanks

Think twice!!!

發表於 10-2-5 00:28 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Quentin0227 於 10-2-5 00:12 發表

入IS 係原本既意願, 而家IS大部份都FULL左

仲有一大串wait list

主流非我所願

wks/esf 係有咩邦到我呢  係咪只會收我地5.1k/月丫

發表於 10-2-5 09:24 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 AnGrydAdi 於 10-2-5 00:28 發表

入IS 係原本既意願, 而家IS大部份都FULL左

仲有一大串wait list

主流非我所願

wks/esf 係有咩邦到我呢  係咪只會收我地5.1k/月丫

Try YMCA.  I know a few Japanese kids relocated back to Japan and thus they should have some places to be filled in.

發表於 10-2-5 10:02 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 tamm 於 10-2-5 09:24 發表

Try YMCA.  I know a few Japanese kids relocated back to Japan and thus they should have some places to be filled in.

do you mean k3? I know YMCA is good. but after that apply local stream schools?

發表於 10-2-5 10:15 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 AnGrydAdi 於 10-2-5 10:02 發表

do you mean k3? I know YMCA is good. but after that apply local stream schools?

I know that happens in both K2 and K3 and thus it will depend on how old is your son.  I believe that the school has to follow the guideline from the education department in terms of the grade.

Since YMCA has K3, you can still apply for local P1 after that.  However, please bear in mind that after all it is an int'l kinder.   YMCA does not teach Chinese.  If you want to aim for the local P1, you will need to help your kid with the Chinese.

Also, given that YMCA has K3, you can buy another year of time if you still want to go for int'l primiary.  You may try P2 of int'l school after that but of course it is subject to seats available.  However, for int'l school, students come and go due to their parents' job.

I don't know if the above helps at all but at least give your kid another chance and yourself more time to think which way your want to go (local vs int'l)

發表於 10-2-5 10:37 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 tamm 於 10-2-5 10:15 發表

I know that happens in both K2 and K3 and thus it will depend on how old is your son.  I believe that the school has to follow the guideline from the education department in terms of the grade.

Sin ...

In IS, (ESF said) he can't meet their language requirement

In LS, my son can' t meet the requirement of chinese.

that's why i say orphan

發表於 10-2-5 10:46 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 AnGrydAdi 於 10-2-5 10:37 發表

In IS, (ESF said) he can't meet their language requirement

In LS, my son can' t meet the requirement of chinese.

that's why i say orphan

Well, under the HK law, the government will have to get your son a school for education from age 6.  I know you may not be able to get into famous school if your son do not know Chinese.  What will be the worst scenario then - you rely on the lucky draw from the government, right?  If you live in one of those good school zones, it is still not very bad.

發表於 10-2-5 11:41 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 tamm 於 10-2-5 10:46 發表

Well, under the HK law, the government will have to get your son a school for education from age 6.  I know you may not be able to get into famous school if your son do not know Chinese.  What will  ...

take IS chance because i don't want my son have much stress on study, he much suitable learning from play

發表於 10-2-5 13:57 |顯示全部帖子
Angrydadi,
是否在家都会同小朋友講英文的?
Mighty
love you for you
自分に負けるな!!

發表於 10-2-5 16:08 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Mighty 於 10-2-5 13:57 發表
Angrydadi,
是否在家都会同小朋友講英文的?

中英都有

不過電視就係英文台

發表於 10-2-5 16:35 |顯示全部帖子
我知道現在説也没用、不過日後可能在家全用広東話比較適合、我地用香港式英語、来得不自然之余、小朋友無所適従、又有口音。  EFS入小学年齢比較早、現在還可以来得及、選定IS OR 本地方向後、還可以的。
Mighty
love you for you
自分に負けるな!!

發表於 10-2-5 16:37 |顯示全部帖子
As you mentioned the results of WKS this year is poor. Last year, some students of Tsing Yi  have had applied 3 schools,those are ESF school,RC
and DC,all of them no offers to the kids,so please cheer up.

發表於 10-2-5 22:17 |顯示全部帖子
AnGrydAdi
before u got seat at WKS esf, did u check the details about WKS k2 students on ESF website, they said it is no advantage to get chance of interview or seat in ESF primary school, these WKS k2 students are different from the other ESF KG beacuse these first batch of  WKS k2 students only took a few months to study there.

[ 本帖最後由 cfaye 於 10-2-5 22:21 編輯 ]

發表於 10-2-5 22:32 |顯示全部帖子
我不清楚你的情況是在waitlist還是已經rejected.
waitlist 是樂觀的,而rejected的情況是有可能學校會問你是否接受k3,亦不是每位rejected 學生都會給予邀請.

發表於 10-2-5 22:52 |顯示全部帖子
In case, there is no seat for Year 1 in Sep 2010, you apply for YMCA K3 or other kinder with K3 and then apply Year 2.  As there are some students will go back to local school after year 1 in ESF (when they got good offer form Local school)

原帖由 AnGrydAdi 於 10-2-5 00:06 發表
係你 WKS 放弃了我,   我們成了孤兒仔

我們成了孤兒仔,

而家無IS有位

對唔住院長

如果我聽你講

留係原校

你會又多一個

入SJS既學生

發表於 10-2-6 00:46 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
簽名被屏蔽

發表於 10-2-7 02:43 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 15# cfaye 的文章

this is expressly waived by ESF at the beginnign, otherwise, how would the parents transfer their kids to WKS for K2.

發表於 10-2-7 17:25 |顯示全部帖子
MY son was not from ESF kinder. He applied ESF Beacon hill school , RC and DC last year. He got the chance of interview from RC but didn't had the offer at last. The reject letter from RC told me that my son is not ready for IB programe. Before applied RC I let him attended the course held by RC. The comment from RC teacher is positive. They told me my son's English level is better than ESF kinder.
After that I applied KCIS and HLYIS for my son. They both accepted him. I choose KCIS for my son and around October 2009 he got the chance of interview in discovery college. The comment after the interview was greatly different from RC. The admission officer and the vice principal told me that he did the assessment very well and ready for the IB programe. Finally he admitted to DC on Feburary 2010.
From the above experience I can tell you if the english standard of your kids is good and if ESF keep you on the waitlist you still have the chance to enter ESF.

Good luck.

原帖由 AnGrydAdi 於 10-2-5 00:06 發表
係你 WKS 放弃了我,   我們成了孤兒仔

我們成了孤兒仔,

而家無IS有位

對唔住院長

如果我聽你講

留係原校

你會又多一個

入SJS既學生