搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 HELLO~ESF WKS 家長
樓主: anpanman
go

HELLO~ESF WKS 家長 [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 09-9-13 18:40 |只看該作者
Hi sidney,
same as you, I have a twin boys, my elder boy joseph is studying in Kookaburra and the younger twin Matthew is in Robin class.

22#
發表於 09-9-14 01:54 |只看該作者
I will apply for P1 this year.Which ESF school does you belong to?

23#
發表於 09-9-15 14:11 |只看該作者
My district is belong to Shatin Junior, and you? :)

原帖由 myjasmine 於 09-9-14 01:54 發表
I will apply for P1 this year.Which ESF school does you belong to?

24#
發表於 09-9-15 16:02 |只看該作者
We belong to Beacon Hill School.  But i still have not applied, will need to do it as soon as possible :)

25#
發表於 09-9-17 00:07 |只看該作者
Hi all,

I am very worried now as I found that my son didn't eat or drink anything for the last three days in school.  I have written my concern to his teacher but the reply is "It's his own choice".  I don't know it's real or not but I think the studio time arrangement including the snack time that makes him keep on playing rather than eating.  As he is just 3, how can he decide whether to eat or not by himself?  Is there anyone has the same concern?  Please share how can I do.  Thank you very much.

26#
發表於 09-9-17 11:48 |只看該作者
I also worried about that at the beginning.  I guess most kids wil prefer playing rather than eating.  My daughter is the same.  Anyway, may be you can think in this way -- as it is only a snack which is not very very important and they will have lunch right after school, so whether they take the snack or not does not really matter.  Just take it easy :)

27#
發表於 09-9-17 19:25 |只看該作者
Learning is more important than eating during school time

quote]原帖由 bbirene 於 09-9-17 00:07 發表
Hi all,

I am very worried now as I found that my son didn't eat or drink anything for the last three days in school.  I have written my concern to his teacher but the reply is "It's his own choice".  ... [/quote]

28#
發表於 09-9-18 12:38 |只看該作者
Dear ESF Kinder (WKS) Parents,

There is not much information regarding this new school on ESF website.  Grateful if any of you could share the information -

1.  Did the school open as planned in August 2009?

2.  How does it run?  Is it smooth?

3.  What is the school hours for am class and pm class?

Many thanks for your help.  I am considering enrolling my daughter for the K1 class in 2010.

29#
發表於 09-9-18 19:52 |只看該作者
Dear all WKS parents,

我真係好想分享下我今日放女女返學後的感受, 不分享好像不太安樂...,不知大家除左擔心食少左snake,飲少啖水,有無擔心過上洗手間...???

今日自己送女女返學,因為有d事,所以成1:00才回到學校...那個時候,當然所有家長不在,亦未開始studio time.. 不過我見就有以下的情況..

有幾位小朋友已經在課室外,行來行去,當中無任何大人在場..有些從washroom 出來,我相信係洗手間時間.. 當然,我明白esf的安排,都係讓他們獨立,讓他們自己去,我都無期望過有人會帶著他們...

跟住,由於女女係最入的一間課室,故亦經過一些課室門口,都非常開心,見到有間課室的老師,安排得好好... 先分男女,再排隊一齊去... 好像local school咁,由老師帶領,準備開著火車一齊行..這使我十分superised, 這位班主任我都十分欣賞.. 她可以理解到幼兒上洗手間,是不能獨個兒..

我亦打算帶埋女女入洗手間才離開,一入洗手間,我都差點嚇親... 眼見無大人,一個小女孩在廁格內,除了自己的尿片,放在地上,不知如何是好..在飲泣... 另一個,亦除了褲,在大哭... 嚷著要媽媽....

我只好行出去望下睇下有無姐姐或老師.. 無人...?!?!
我都唔知幫佢地好定不幫好... 剛好... 開火車的那班老師到,告知她... 她也只好問一問那2小女孩...接著... 好像有個姐姐的女士... 只"定"著條片... 出了去... 有無再入去...我都唔知....

其實, 我真係唔明,自由及獨立之餘,點解佢地唔可以係d位做好埋呢... 如明知時段係toliet, 不如企個姐姐係廁所.. 有d咩都可以幫一幫,,尤其仲係開學的階段....k1的幼兒可能有的連3歲都不到.... 回想女兒當日入讀n1時(傳統學校),老師有10萬樣野要我們合作及照顧....

當然,好像那班開火車的學生(她是有經驗的ABC老師),就有好的照顧,起碼不用哭著去廁所,徬徨無助... esf的老師... 對take care幼小的kids真的不太細心.. 按個別老師自己的安排了...

我自己每日返學, 都千叮萬囑個女幾樣野,自己小心去洗手間同洗手同飲水...其他有無食有無聽話... 我都不理了....
(不幸,她不是開火車那班的學生)不過幸好, 她是大女,又返了一年的nuresy...

不過,真的還是2歲多,又或剛滿3歲, 未識"介"片的小孩的媽媽,大家 可能真的要留心多點....或者大家都真係要SEND e-mail比校長了...

[ 本帖最後由 Mqchris 於 09-9-18 19:57 編輯 ]
Mqchris :>

30#
發表於 09-9-19 08:56 |只看該作者
Is your child in the Reb Robin class? Mine in Red Robin.

原帖由 Mqchris 於 09-9-18 19:52 發表
Dear all WKS parents,

我真係好想分享下我今日放女女返學後的感受, 不分享好像不太安樂...,不知大家除左擔心食少左snake,飲少啖水,有無擔心過上洗手間...???

今日自己送女女返學,因為有d事,所以成1:00才回到學校...那 ...

[ 本帖最後由 大吉 於 09-9-19 08:57 編輯 ]

31#
發表於 09-9-19 09:06 |只看該作者
I just asked my daughter.  She told me that there are some banana and buscuits in school.

For the washroom issue.  She told me that the teacher took her to washroom and then left her alone in the washroom.   She has to take off pant, vee vee....etc by herself alone.  After that, she go back classroom.

For snack issue, I think the arrangement is OK.  However, for the washroom issue, they send a helper to the little children.  Anyway, they are too young to leave alone!!  Also, some of them may forget to wash hands, etc.

32#
發表於 09-9-19 09:51 |只看該作者
yes yes...  nice to meet u...

原帖由 大吉 於 09-9-19 08:56 發表
Is your child in the Reb Robin class? Mine in Red Robin.
Mqchris :>

33#
發表於 09-9-19 10:47 |只看該作者
I wonder why they think it is absoultely ok to leave the kids alone in the toilet.  At least they should have a helper around to help if necessary.  But it seems that there is no helper around the toilet?  I heard that there is helper in Tsing Yi.  May be we need to send email to school to express our concern.

34#
發表於 09-9-19 14:30 |只看該作者
我囡囡係大女而且係K2,所以佢去toilet同其他都handle到,所以都唔擔心.而囡囡都有食野,佢話老師都有去提佢同其他小朋友去食野.
不過今個星期,我囡囡開始搭校巴,第一日我就跟左車,咁去到學校,有d K1嘅小朋友唔識返自己課室,佢地行來行去都冇老師去幫佢地.其中有一個就跟住左我同我囡囡,咁我見佢名牌寫左係某一班,我就帶左佢返去先,佢個表情真係好無助,見到我帶佢行就好開心咁拖實我,果一刻我都好唔開心,點解佢地咁細個返到去會冇人理佢。帶左佢去課室我就同左佢bye bye,諗住佢地老師會幫佢手,點知我望返轉頭,佢放唔到書包上個架(又係冇人幫),咁我同囡囡行返轉頭,果小朋友同我講佢唔夠高放唔到上去,咁我幫佢掛左佢就返左課室。

其實我都覺得訓練獨立係好,不過始終企個人喺度望下好D,小朋友handle到咪唔駛幫手,唔得就幫下佢地嘛.如果咁樣由得佢地真係唔係咁好.

另外我都覺得校巴方面有d問題,請問有個no.4嘅家長?

35#
發表於 09-9-19 17:40 |只看該作者
原帖由 bbirene 於 09-9-17 00:07 發表
Hi all,

I am very worried now as I found that my son didn't eat or drink anything for the last three days in school.  I have written my concern to his teacher but the reply is "It's his own choice".  ...

Exactly the same feedback from the teacher!!! "it's his own choice"!  if my kid decides to go home early, will they let him go? cuz' "its his own choice"?

Yes, learning is more important than eating snacks, but i think at least they should guide the young kids for the first few weeks.  my son is only 2 years 9 months!!

Every day when i see my son after school, i will ask if he wee wee in school? does he wash hands after wee wee? Does he touch the "waterfall" in the washroom? Does he eat or at least drink a bit?

Maybe ESF is an org w/ a long history and guranteed "primary school interview", that's why they don't really care about what parents' think!!!

I did voice out my opinion on "indoor shoes" and "snacks time" arrangement! And they just give me some very formal feedback.

36#
發表於 09-9-19 17:43 |只看該作者
Mqchris,

Is the ABC classteacher tall and in short hair?  cuz' my son's classteacher is an ABC. I hope that is my class. and i feel a bit relaxed about the toilet issue then!!  thx a lot.
]

37#
發表於 09-9-19 18:30 |只看該作者
Yes, I also think that learning is important than eating.  But my son is taking school bus, and it costs one hour per trip, that means he doesn't eat or drink in five hours.  That's the issue.  

Moreover, I also  think that there is not enough helpers to help the students to go to toliet.  Some of them are still very small especially the K1 students, does it supposed all of them can go to toliet by themself?  Hi, mqChris, is the ABC teacher is in Flamingo Class? Pls reply.  Thank you very much.

Hi Charlotte-bee, what's wrong with school bus no.4, my son is one of them, can u tell me more?  Thank you very much.

[ 本帖最後由 bbirene 於 09-9-19 18:32 編輯 ]

38#
發表於 09-9-20 00:20 |只看該作者
Yes i also agree that they can provide more support to the kids, especially for the K1 kids, say, around the toilet or the snack area.  Also the class teacher can remind the kids to go have snack right before the studio time.  But i doubt why they still think they should do nothing.  I think at least some direction to the kids is required.

I have also sent an email to school to express my concern about the school bus arrangement and the cancellation of the indoor shoes policy, their response was real fast and was very "formal" and "official", no heart at all.  I think this is the N times they answer such kind of email but it seems that they will never take any suggestion into consideration.  

Mqchris, can you tell us who the good class teacher is , or in which class, to see if anyone of us here is so lucky.  Thanks.

39#
發表於 09-9-20 10:54 |只看該作者
bbirene ,

請問你仔仔是否am class? 因為上星期我陪囡囡搭時,我見小朋友坐得好迫,記得校巴Mrs Wong同我講係12座,但係當日一共坐左12個小朋友,有司機同保母ee,未計我都有14人,仲有最後一行的小朋友迫到成日企左喺身...我覺得唔安全lor.仲有TW MTR已經有10個小朋友,我覺得冇必要再用多20mins去大圍接多2個小朋友,一來超左人數,二來真係浪費左時間去接左唔同區嘅小朋友.最主要係唔安全嘛.....

40#
發表於 09-9-20 13:15 |只看該作者
原帖由 charlotte_bee 於 09-9-20 10:54 發表
bbirene ,

請問你仔仔是否am class? 因為上星期我陪囡囡搭時,我見小朋友坐得好迫,記得校巴Mrs Wong同我講係12座,但係當日一共坐左12個小朋友,有司機同保母ee,未計我都有14人,仲有最後一行的小朋友迫到成日企左喺身. ...

They don't have enought staff to look after the childhood? There are 1 teacher and 2 EAs in each class in other ESF kindy like TY , SW and Abacus, what about WKS? In Abacus,I saw a  cleaner around checking if children are allright in the toilet  , and sometimes with 1 EA too.

In ESF Abacus, EAs from each class would go to the car park and pick up their children from the school bus? it is not the same in ESF WKS?

even it is under ESF name but it's still new, so better talk to the principal about all these matters.
成功的人放眼於機會,失敗的人放眼於障礙。 生命長短我無法控制,但內容就可以由我發揮!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題