用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Which international Kindergarten is best in HK islan ...
查看: 7285|回覆: 22
go

Which international Kindergarten is best in HK island/ Midlevel?

發表於 09-7-7 19:46 |顯示全部帖子
Which international Kindergarten is best in HK island/ Midlevel?  Please help!

All of the good international Kinergartens are in Kowloon Tong?  ( found most of the good schools are in Kowloon Tong....)

Any high qualitiy ones in Hong Kong island (close to Midlevel) ?  

For better schools, must us move to Kowloon Tong?

Please advise! Thanks !

發表於 09-7-7 20:02 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 09-7-7 21:35 |顯示全部帖子
簽名被屏蔽

發表於 09-7-8 09:36 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 09-7-8 11:09 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 wisekid2007 於 09-7-7 20:02 發表
By the way, which international kindergartens you referred in the Kowloon Tong can be considered as GOOD?

From some other post in the forum, I found some suggested by others, such as Anfield, Kingston, Yew Chung....which are in Kowloon Tong.  

But actually I don't know how good they are....:)
Just know most of the famous schools are in Kowloon Tong, such as CCKG, St.Cat,, DGJS...

How about the ESF kinergarten in HK island? as good as those in Kowloon Toon?

發表於 09-7-8 12:27 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 09-7-8 13:05 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 nonoxue 於 09-7-8 11:09 發表

From some other post in the forum, I found some suggested by others, such as Anfield, Kingston, Yew Chung....which are in Kowloon Tong.  

But actually I don't know how good they are....:)
Just know ...

DGJS is a primary school.

發表於 09-7-8 13:39 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 wisekid2007 於 09-7-8 12:27 發表
When you think about the kindergarten, you have also to think how the future path to primary and secondary.

CCKG, St.Cat,, DGJS... are not real international kindergartens.  The percentage of those g ...

Thanks, Wisekid,

In the future, we may plan to send our child to US to take her high school study.  I  planned to send her to the international kindergarten first and then some local fine primary school, because I don't know whether the international primary schools here are academic enough and I aslo hope she can handle Chinese well...

But not sure about it yet... You think the path should be consistent?  If I plan to send her to the international kindergarten, the international primary school should be followed?

Do you think the international schools here are good enough? Which one is the good choice? ESF? Thank you for your advices !

發表於 09-7-8 14:18 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 09-7-8 15:40 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 wisekid2007 於 09-7-8 14:18 發表
If you target to send your kid to local fine primary school, you had better to arrange a local kinder, e.g. Victoria, St. Cat., etc.,  for your kid otherwise, you kid may find it difficult to be admit ...

Wisekid, thank you for such a detailed answer !!!

I am studying the schools you referred, HKIS ,ICS ,AIS, CIS, ESF, GSIS, CDNIS, FIS, SIS, RC, DC...etc. ...

So many abbreviations that I have to check it one by one:)

Among them, which ones are better? HKIS and CIS?

Due to your suggestion, I have totally changed my original idea ... So for the international kindergartens, can you suggest any specific ones?

Many thanks!!! !!!!

發表於 09-7-8 15:43 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 09-7-8 16:09 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 09-7-8 19:19 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 wisekid2007 於 09-7-8 16:09 發表
Both HKIS and CIS are good and so don't worry first and when your kid is admitted by both you make the choice.

For international kindergartens in the HK Island side, the priority should be:
1. the ki ...

Dear Wisekid, you are so nice! Your statement is very clear, professional and helpful!!! Thanks!

You mean both HKIS and CIS have kinder sections? (CIS's reception class equivalent to K2)

I just studied their websites and got that:

HKIS has the Recepion 1 (4 years old required) and Reception 2 (5 years old required); and CIS has one year Reception Class

Are they equal to kindergartens?

Their enrollment requirements always mention something like --"applicant's academic report from the last/ previous year"....

If I apply for the reception-1 of HKIS or the reception class of CIS, how can I get the academic reports from the previous years?

Considering HKIS reception-1 starts from 4 years old, my kid has to enroll in K1 of an international kindergarten to gain the "academic report from the last year"? or even some playgroup .....?

Otherwise, from another post, someone said "If the family returns from overseas or holding US passport, the kid definitly can go to HKIS. "

... Is it true?

發表於 09-7-8 20:25 |顯示全部帖子
one more question:

Does the english teaching of the best local primary school such as DGJS meet or close to the standard of native English speaking?  

I totally have no idea about it....sorry for so many questions......If the local elite schools' english teaching standard is close to native speaker, the fee is much ....

發表於 09-7-8 20:31 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 09-7-8 20:42 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 09-7-8 20:50 |顯示全部帖子
wisekid,

How about kinders and elementary school on Kln side?

發表於 09-7-8 21:10 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 wisekid2007 於 09-7-8 20:31 發表
Maybe I can give you examples of various education systems in HK:

HKIS  CIS  ESF  GSIS   Local Schools    Age
                                                      of entrance

K1   ...

Wisekid, thanks, adoring u.....:)
Besides HKIS, as far as you know, are there any other IS having preference to those US passport holders?

發表於 09-7-8 21:42 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 09-7-8 21:48 |顯示全部帖子