用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
發新帖
查看: 2429|回覆: 9
go

CAIS

發表於 09-4-27 19:04 |顯示全部帖子
My son will go to CAIS interview (k3) on this thursday, anyone can tell me what will the interviewer ask during the interview and can any CAIS parents tell me more about this school thanks...

發表於 09-4-28 17:07 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 # 的文章

The Headmistress will ask parents a few questions first, like what activities your kid has after school, does he/she like role-play, does he/she like playing with other kids etc.  Then the Headmistress will ask the parents to leave the room and she will have a short test with the kid (she said it's  simple) for 10-15 mins.  I didn't ask my daughter what questions she asked as she was admitted immediately after the interview.  

After the test, she will ask the parents to go in the room again.  She will let you know immediately the result of the interview.  

Good luck!

發表於 09-4-28 19:55 |顯示全部帖子
Thank you for reply, so do u need to pay the deposit immediately and i want to ask about the school fee, will u let your daughter study in this school, does she got amitted in am or pm class. If my son never do role-play before how should i answer her, is it better to ask my husband to go with us or not nesscery. will she ask me how come i choose this school.  thanks again for your reply...

發表於 09-4-29 11:39 |顯示全部帖子
You will receive the school acceptance letter a few days after your son got admitted.  Then you have 7 days to think about the offer and pay $3,950  if you accept.

My daughter got admitted to the am class.  However we turned down the offer already.

For role play, I think every kid will do at home, like my daughter like wrap a cloth around her neck to pretend a princess.

About your husband, I think it's up to you whether he should go or not.  I don't think it really matters.

Yes, the Headmistress asked why I chose the school.  My interview was in Jan and I forgot some questions already.

Hope this helps.

發表於 09-4-29 15:39 |顯示全部帖子
thank you for your reply x-mum, may i ask u why u turn down the offer?

發表於 09-4-29 16:25 |顯示全部帖子
We accepted the offer of SJS.  However we still think CAIS is a good school as my friend's daughter is studying there and she really like the school.

發表於 09-4-30 13:20 |顯示全部帖子
We went to the interview today and got admitted immediately, however i found that the school is very old and the toilet is very dirty, my son also got admitted by KCIS, but since we are living in kowloon side so it is quite far away from our home, not sure how to choose.

發表於 09-4-30 14:20 |顯示全部帖子
CAIS is a small Christian school.  I can feel this is a very homy school.  I do not know any teachers of the school, but at least the vice principal I know is a very warm hearted lady.  Even we have turned down the offer, they are so kind and friendly.  

I have visited the school in Jan, the school is a bit small but very tidy and orderly.  I heard that they are applying for a new school site, you may try to ask them about this and see if any plan to move soon.

發表於 09-4-30 15:49 |顯示全部帖子
kcpapa thanks for your reply, can u tell me why u turn down the offer, do u think this is a big concern that there is not much putonghua lesson, and the school is small i am a bit worry that the secondary student will hit on the small children...

發表於 09-4-30 17:09 |顯示全部帖子
Just because of the syllabus.  They are Canadian syllabus, and we think IB would be better, so we turned down the offer.  In fact, we think this school is very ok.  

Mandarin is not our concern.  Bullying ... is common is all schools.  no worry... I saw the students during reset, quite ok and orderly.