用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Kiangsu & Chekiang Kindergartern International Secti ...
樓主: bigears
go

Kiangsu & Chekiang Kindergartern International Section [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 09-4-7 12:45 |只看該作者
Hi JarJarBin,

I have already filed the application last year.    Can you share with me what are the good things and not so good things about the Int'l Kindy section?  Million thanks.

原帖由 JarJarBin 於 09-4-6 13:14 發表
My boy has been studying from reception to P1 (coming sept).  What I concern is the acedemic stardard.  From KCIS's website, it said that 8x% students got A*-C.  But most of U (may be better one) in U ...

22#
發表於 09-4-7 12:50 |只看該作者
琬晴B
The reason for not applying QBS this year is: -
1. Strong Mandarine of KCIS is one of my reason.  To master both of english & mardine is a must especially when they have grown up.

2. I am still thinking about going to local stream or IS in the future.  I would try the 1st round mark six of HK  system.  So I want to keep my boy's chinese standard.  I would like to apply Wah Yan (my boy has 20 marks).  With financial reason, I may go for Wah Yan if I got a seat because I think it's pressure is not as high as other famous local school and it is also a good school.  I may try whether we can handle it.  

3. most of QBS's students are Asian (I guess), so it is not much difference comparing with KCIS in this point.

4. I am not sure if there is more extra charge or will have unreasonable school fee increasing in the future compared with KCIS.  ESF always has this kind of news.  

My boy has been studying in KCIS since N1.  His mandarine is quite okay.  I am very glad about it.  If I learn it outside, it costs $300 one to one.

JarJar
原帖由 琬晴B 於 09-4-7 10:07 發表
I live on Kowloon side and I only applied RCHK for my daughter. Just curious.... why you didn't apply QBS this year. I know some of my daughter's classmates did. Do you put your boy in local stream to ...

23#
發表於 09-4-7 12:52 |只看該作者
Hi meipo28

you apply primary or kindergarden?

JarJar

原帖由 meipo28 於 09-4-7 12:45 發表
Hi JarJarBin,

I have already filed the application last year.    Can you share with me what are the good things and not so good things about the Int'l Kindy section?  Million thanks.

24#
發表於 09-4-7 13:09 |只看該作者
meipo28

the not so good thing is that most of students are Asia, not that like an IS.  Your kid cannot learn much via conversation between kids.  And the hardware e.g. playground...etc.  If hardware is important to you, then it won't be your cup of tea.   

the good thing is mandarine, of course.  

Except above, I cannot compare more because I haven't been other IS before.

Jarjar

原帖由 meipo28 於 09-4-7 12:45 發表
Hi JarJarBin,

25#
發表於 09-4-7 14:32 |只看該作者
Hi all experienced parents

Could anyone advise how many students they admit for K1 (int'l stream) am and pm section, including AM and PM section?

Many thanks.

26#
發表於 09-4-7 15:19 |只看該作者
Hi bigear

I just know 20 somthing in a class.  Are you applying it?  Don't worry, KCIS is not a hot IS.  You will get a seat.

Jar

27#
發表於 09-4-8 03:17 |只看該作者
KCIS is building a better and better reputation each year. So last I asked, there is no space in Reception, except for afternoon class and that's IF you have older sibling in the school..... so, wouldn't say entrance is guaranteed.

Primary schools definitely waiting list depending on grades because 24 is the class size... this year, will become 26 for some classes because of many on waiting list.

I personally think all of ESF schools have relatively VERY easy going homework, curriculum, and alot of my students lack "chinese" culture, and discipline.

Hence I only considered the IS that are more Chinese cultural, and more Putonghua curriculum like ISF, CKY, KCIS.....

28#
發表於 09-4-8 09:14 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

Dear Pianokc

from your message:  "personally think all of ESF schools have relatively VERY easy going homework, curriculum, and alot of my students lack "chinese" culture, and discipline..."  Your said "my students".  Are you the teacher of ESF?  Then, I would be more confidence to stay with KCIS because you should know ESF better than all of us.

JarJar

29#
發表於 09-4-8 10:52 |只看該作者
Jarjar,

No I am not a teacher of ESF, but half of my students are at ESF.... many from Renaissance.... and my friends are teachers of ESF.

I have never applied to any ESF schools because of this observation and information.

my students from ESF are VERY happy kids..... but every one of them has private chinese tutor to learn chinese, and they can have lots of time taking extracurricular activities.

Don't know much about secondary schools, as all of my ESF students get to Year 9 or 10... they  left for UK or USA...

Not saying ESF schools are not good, it's just not what I chose for my children. Totally personal choice.

[ 本帖最後由 Pianokc 於 09-4-8 10:53 編輯 ]

30#
發表於 09-4-8 12:52 |只看該作者
Dear Pianokc

Thanks for your infomarion.  Your message make me feel more comfortable because I am struggling to let my boy apply ESF or not on next year.  Hardware like swimming pool is not important to me.  What I concern is the academic level.  Since I don't know anyone studying in ESF, so please and please tell me more about it.  I am satisfied with KCIS's everything but just has doubt about it's academic level compared with ESF.  

原帖由 Pianokc 於 09-4-8 10:52 發表
Jarjar,

No I am not a teacher of ESF, but half of my students are at ESF.... many from Renaissance.... and my friends are teachers of ESF.

I have never applied to any ESF schools because of this obs ...

31#
發表於 09-4-8 21:07 |只看該作者
Jarjar,
Please PM me, because I don't want ESF parents to think I am saying negative things about ESF.

Each parent has different "priorities" for their child.... so if yours fits ESF system, it's great!

32#
發表於 09-4-23 22:58 |只看該作者
May I know if it's too late to enrol my 19-month-old-baby girl to KCIS now?  She will attend K1 in 2010 Sept.

33#
發表於 09-4-23 23:28 |只看該作者
Not too late.... but I think they said only afternoon classes available.... morning is all full.

34#
發表於 09-4-24 13:52 |只看該作者
Since your daughter will attend K1 in Year 2010-2011, I think it's not too late at all. Call the school for details!

But for Year 2009-2010, K1 am classes should be full.

FYI, I submitted application to KCIS when my daughter reached two. (She's now in Reception Class)

原帖由 DeckerCarmen 於 09-4-23 22:58 發表
May I know if it's too late to enrol my 19-month-old-baby girl to KCIS now?  She will attend K1 in 2010 Sept.

35#
發表於 09-4-25 23:39 |只看該作者
thanks for your reply.  i did call them up and they said the waiting # is 150 now, & they got 80 seats in K1 am & pm classes altogether. but the office staff said some parents may give up the seats when they invite them for the interview and ask them to pay the deposit.  
she said if waiting # is over 100 then it's a slim chance to get a place in am class, but it's possible to get 1 in pm class. what do you think?
2007 got a high birth rate, it seems the competition is keen!

36#
發表於 09-4-28 00:17 |只看該作者
You will get higher chance if you select the pm class as I got it even my waiting no. is after 100.

原帖由 DeckerCarmen 於 09-4-25 23:39 發表
thanks for your reply.  i did call them up and they said the waiting # is 150 now, & they got 80 seats in K1 am & pm classes altogether. but the office staff said some parents may give up the seats wh ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題