用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 RC學生除來自ESF kinder 外,有無來自 local kinder? ...
樓主: rororolee
go

RC學生除來自ESF kinder 外,有無來自 local kinder? [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 09-4-2 00:33 |只看該作者
原帖由 popolung 於 09-4-1 01:26 發表
See My Comment in Red:

Thanks for your comment.
Yes. I am amazed that quite a lot of parents would like their children to go to ESF primary or RC but doesn't do enough homework to study the rules before playing this game. Simple go to ESF website and read it carefully and the answer is already there.
If someone is asking which school is better, 100 parents will have 100 different answers.
If someone is asking which school has a higher chance for granting an interview from ESF primary, the answer is already in ESF website.
Some parents say "School A has a high hit rate to ESF primary in the past history"
Even some schools state "most of their children go to ESF primary in the past history"
Reasons behind:
A. Many children are from Cat. 1 families-inherit factor;
B. Children are trained to achieve very high English standard;
As a Cat. 2 applicant, will u benefit from studying in school A?
Definitely, your english proficiency can meet the requirement for ESF Year 1 requirement (easy job), BUT...will u have a higher chance for granting an interview from ESF primary?   
Of course, not studying in ESF kinda doesn't mean that u are out...u are just queuing at the end of the queue...be patient...

42#
發表於 09-4-2 09:12 |只看該作者
原帖由 rororolee 於 09-4-2 00:16 發表

what if the parents are not talking native English? for most of the parents in HK like us, English ability is so far so good, fluent.....but just not that native one~ even we keep talking to our kid ...

Try your best. Search for any English opportunity that you can "enjoy" with your kid. Don't give him pressure, and then from now on, good luck!

[ 本帖最後由 popolung 於 09-4-2 09:15 編輯 ]

43#
發表於 09-4-2 09:17 |只看該作者
原帖由 oooray 於 09-4-2 00:33 發表

Thanks for your comment.
Yes. I am amazed that quite a lot of parents would like their children to go to ESF primary or RC but doesn't do enough homework to study the rules before playing this game.  ...

It happens, and especially in HK as most like to eat "quick lunch" only. Anyway, I enjoy helping others while others like you are helping me too. Then we benefit mutually, why not? Enjoy BK!

44#
發表於 09-4-2 16:14 |只看該作者

late application?????

May I know the late application for Year 2 in this period so difficult to enter???
We entered the form and interview by Ms EXXns, but unacceptable. I really don't understood why???because my girl is studying another international school.
I'm afraid that they only interview many applicants but the actual is not any vancacy yet!!!!!!!
By the school regulation, we can re-enter after 6 months later!
Is this so difficult late application and interview?????
原帖由 popolung 於 09-4-1 01:12 發表

you mean how many days to wait for result from RCHK? This year was around 3 weeks, if they admitted your kid in the first round.

45#
發表於 09-4-2 16:22 |只看該作者
原帖由 trustee 於 09-4-2 16:14 發表
May I know the late application for Year 2 in this period so difficult to enter???
We entered the form and interview by Ms EXXns, but unacceptable. I really don't understood why???because my girl is s ...

Divide into 2 parts

1. Late application already make you an disadvantage, as if you are keen for ESF, you should apply on time. This give them a bad impression already although you may have your own reason behind.

2. When they give you a chance for interview, it already mean they don't consider about the late application I believed as they can simply declined your applications. Then afterward they failed your kid simply because of his interview result. The higher the grade is, the more they want for English Skill. For Year 2 please refer to this:

http://www.esf.edu.hk/index.aspx?langno=1&nodeID=1051

Year Two RequirementIn addition to Year One requirement, children seeking entry to Year Two should:-
(Oral Interaction)
  • participate in short, structured social interactions (introducing self, giving basic information, asking questions)
  • initiate and maintain general conversation with teachers and peers
  • describe and identify people, places and things using simple vocabulary for colour, size, place, location and time
  • describe a series of events or actions
  • express humour and describe feelings
  • negotiate in a simple way with peers (suggesting, agreeing, disagreeing, clarifying)
  • follow oral instructions
  • comprehend and use basic markers of sequence (first, next, then) and adverbial phrases of place, location and time (over there)
  • use common prepositions (in, at, on, near)
  • regularly use pronouns (I/me, he/him, she/her)
  • use verb and noun endings with some consistency (-ing, -ed, -s)
  • express negation within sentence structure
  • answer questions requiring an explanation using ‘because'
Reading and Responding
Entrants to Year Two will also be expected to:-
  • join in with shared reading activities responding to simple text aloud
  • sequence a simple story using pictures
  • distinguish Roman from non-Roman script
  • show awareness that reading in English proceeds from left to right and top to bottom
  • know the difference between letters and words
  • relate some letters to the sounds they commonly make (e.g. initial letter of own name)
  • recognise and name the letters of the alphabet
Some children will be able to read familiar and some unfamiliar texts using knowledge of English sounds/symbol relationships and knowledge of basic punctuation
Writing:-
  • combine writing and drawing to create a simple text about a topic, using well-known words or short phrases (e.g. This is my house)
  • shows awareness that English writing consists of words formed by letters
  • leave suitable spaces between words written
  • demonstrate awareness that certain letters represent certain sounds
  • be able to read back what they have written

I have friend's kid that try to get into BHS since Y3 and failed in 5-6 years even his sister was studied in SC. Finally he got in RC last year. So interview in ESF is not purely luck.

46#
發表於 09-4-2 16:47 |只看該作者
Thanks for your information and Firstly , I enter the form  to BHS since YEAR 1 on June (Late time). Then the admission staff advice me, I can try to enter the application to RC at same time.
So, I enter the application to RC in Late  Interview around Nov. (Year 1) -----result: Disappointed
Then I saw the newspaper had limited places , I try again YR 2! Then, Disappointed!
Any comment ! My kid is study in inter'l school right now! But I like ESF is Modern and UK syaballus more than Canadian, USA style...
I read the interview details and all the questions. But why cannot successful?????Perhaps they didn't like late interview or other international system????

原帖由 popolung 於 09-4-2 16:22 發表

Divide into 2 parts

1. Late application already make you an disadvantage, as if you are keen for ESF, you should apply on time. This give them a bad impression already although you may have your ow ...

47#
發表於 09-4-2 17:38 |只看該作者
原帖由 trustee 於 09-4-2 16:47 發表
Thanks for your information and Firstly , I enter the form  to BHS since YEAR 1 on June (Late time). Then the admission staff advice me, I can try to enter the application to RC at same time.
So, I en ...

I think the outcomes of application to any school would be either successful or not successful.

For RC, there are 300+ applicants for 150 seats for year one. For other year levels I do not know. Competition in other ESF primary schools could possibly be even more keen.

No one have the privilege to know exactly what they are looking for. Even school teachers would not know unless they are in the team responsible for interviewing applicants. And I am sure the "team" are not allowed to reveal the details to us.

If your application was not successful, then it was not successful. No school would admit students not up to their requirements just to fill up the places. Even now, there are still vacancies in almost all year levels at RC but it does not mean that the school has to take anyone. A student has to meet certain criteria to get admission. I guess we should not speculate the reason why your child failed the interview. Like I said, I do not have the privilege to know more, but I am sure they would not mind late applications and they would not mind students from other curriculum.  I know people that come to RC in the middle of the year, and they can be from any curriculum (US, Australian, etc)

I know that the school would most willing to tell parents why their application failed. Most of the time, it should be stated in the rejection letter, but if they did not, call them up and ask.

48#
發表於 09-4-2 18:48 |只看該作者
原帖由 trustee 於 09-4-2 16:47 發表
So, I en ...

My gut feeling (only) is, it may not be about the English Skill of your kid (since you said he is in IS anyway), but about his social skill, especially to stranger in a strange environment, like in the interview. Some kid is very cheerful and may be welcome by accessor. Some speak good english but atitude is bad, so accessor has sole discretion to fail it.

I am not the accessor so I don't know why, but as ALMON said RC should state a reason on the letter of rejection. Otherwise go call them and find out. And to be honest, social skill can't be learnt only from school, but also from parents. So you may have to find an innovative way to change the behaviour of your kid dramatically, if my guess is correct. There are classes which also train up EQ of the kid. Anyway just my best guess, and good luck.

49#
發表於 09-4-3 12:11 |只看該作者
On that day, the interviewer was not one by one to interview with her. (the baby girl and two parents (Teacher)in interview room to visit.....)
My kid said she was play with other teacher's baby girl in the interview room so funny.
So my kid felt not so good/ bothering.Becasue my kid didn't know how to play with the baby and handle it on same time????
Maybe my kid is not the excellent one or so clam...

原帖由 popolung 於 09-4-2 18:48 發表

My gut feeling (only) is, it may not be about the English Skill of your kid (since you said he is in IS anyway), but about his social skill, especially to stranger in a strange environment, like in  ...

[ 本帖最後由 trustee 於 09-4-3 12:25 編輯 ]

50#
發表於 09-4-3 15:40 |只看該作者
原帖由 trustee 於 09-4-3 12:11 發表
On that day, the interviewer was not one by one to interview with her. (the baby girl and two parents (Teacher)in interview room to visit.....)
My kid said she was play with other teacher's baby girl  ...

I think don't bother the old result, and if you are still keen on ESF, try focus on the weakness of what you think your kid is, may be English Skill, may be social skill, may be he is afraid in strange environment, may be he didn't talk to stranger, etc. Then see how you can solve it. Parents are the only one who can help your kid to get via this, I think it doesn't matter whether it is ESF interview or daily life.

51#
發表於 09-4-4 12:34 |只看該作者
原帖由 trustee 於 09-4-3 12:11 發表
My kid said she was play with other teacher's baby girl  ...

Interviews are stressful tasks.
And in view of the fact that there are so many applications to RC this year, there sure would be a lot of unhappy parents.

Did they specify why your child was rejected?
If not have you, like I suggested, called and asked for details?

I think it is not fair to speculate further.

[ 本帖最後由 almom 於 09-4-4 12:37 編輯 ]

52#
發表於 09-4-7 00:53 |只看該作者
Most of people to said this school is more vacancy than other ESF schools in Past Year.
After the principle to shrink the applicant. Maybe this moment is not quite easy to entry.

[ 本帖最後由 KaKaYa 於 09-4-7 01:03 編輯 ]
When the rain is over, the sky clears up take one's course 順其發展;聽其自然

53#
發表於 09-4-7 01:10 |只看該作者
原帖由 KaKaYa 於 09-4-7 00:53 發表
Most of people to said this school is more vacancy than other ESF schools in Past Year.
After the principle to shrink the applicant. Maybe this moment is not quite easy to entry.

Competition for this year is very keen, so all ESF Y1 seats are very tight.

54#
發表於 09-4-7 14:41 |只看該作者
原帖由 KaKaYa 於 09-4-7 00:53 發表

RC has more vacancy because it was a new school and it is a big school. In fact, RC still has lots of vacancies for various year levels. For those who are interested, call the school up for information. Unfortunately, although there are vacancies, it does not mean that the school need to take anyone who submit the form. There are still admissiont criteria that an applicant has to meet.

The school never "shrink the applicant" to make it sound like they have few vacancies. In fact, throughout the school year, students come and go. The school has been advertising on the website regarding vacancies so obviously the school did not "shrink the applicant" like you said.

Further, I do not think RC need people to "queue" up to make it sound like a good school. Whether there are 10 applicants or 2000 applicants, it is the same school and the same teachers. It is the school itself and the people itself that matters.

[ 本帖最後由 almom 於 09-4-7 15:44 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題