教育王國 討論區 國際學校 URGENT! CIS VS HKIS
樓主: PHJAN
go

URGENT! CIS VS HKIS

發表於 09-5-29 19:41 |顯示全部帖子
i vote for CIS

發表於 09-6-2 15:53 |顯示全部帖子
I would go for CIS as well.
Actually I studied in CIS after 1 yr or so when I was in F.3. The school was not as famous as nowadays. But both their Chinese & English are really up to standard.

But for maths, it was not as good (compare to traditional sch).

CIS is better to learn good mandarin

發表於 09-6-2 18:38 |顯示全部帖子
I'm targeting for my boy to apply for int'l school reception class, CIS is my priority.  Anyone can share with me which prenursery school in HK Island is good to prepare him for reception class?  I just know these prenursery:
1.  Tutortime
2.  Woodland montessori

Any other good ones in HK Island?  Which one is better?  thanks

發表於 09-6-2 23:15 |顯示全部帖子
Except CIS/HKIS, any other choices?

發表於 09-6-3 17:39 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 daisy17772 於 09-6-2 18:38 發表
I'm targeting for my boy to apply for int'l school reception class, CIS is my priority.  Anyone can share with me which prenursery school in HK Island is good to prepare him for reception class?  I  ...

Frankly I do not believe CIS has any preference over students from particular kindergarten(s). They view the kid as a whole and see if the child has a good character and whether he possesses the skill/ability of his age (english, mandarin).

As said in an earlier reply (in this thread?) there are at least 3 or 4 kids from local kindergartens going to the Reception this year, as far as I know.  They are local chinese but they speak fluent English, have adequate knowledge in mandarin and have an active character.