用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 YMCA Int'l Kindergarten (TST)
樓主: alunsweeney
go

YMCA Int'l Kindergarten (TST)

發表於 09-6-8 15:14 |顯示全部帖子
What's the difference between YMCA TST & Tokwawan one ?? Are they similar ?

Also I would like to know whether they can enter local primary school  ? As I would like my son to goes to local primary school.

發表於 09-6-8 16:33 |顯示全部帖子
I only know the one in TST..never heard about another one????

If you want your child to go to local system, don't go there.

發表於 09-6-9 13:46 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 1# Williamhero2009 的文章

Williamhero

Thank you so much for your sharing.

Do you mean if I prefer local system, then do not place the child to YMCA?  Does YMCA teach Chinese in pre-K?

Thank you.

發表於 09-6-9 14:10 |顯示全部帖子
I have been to YMCA Int'l Kinder in TST and listened to the principal briefing us the curriculum of the kinder and also visited the kinder.

The principal is caring and u can c the teachers r caring too. They teach, among others, jolly phonics. Kids will learn the sound in K1 and blending in K2 and "tricky words" in K3 (if they r still there). Kids can communicate in Eng v. well. However, I don't recall if there is any weekly PTH class  but even if, u can imagine that the exposure is limited.

I ve asked about which primary school will the kids go. the principal was quite frankly to tell us that the chance to go to ESF primary is rather low if u r in Cat 2. Most kids go to JIS. Some go to local primary but those are also joining another kinder in the pm session.

Pls kindly note that the Chinese "standard" in local P1 is v. high (or u can say v. demanding). Even going to some local kinder which r not so pushy (e.g. Salvation Army), the kids will find it v. difficult to cope w/ the Chinese teaching in P1.

For info. of the kinder, pls also see http://www.ymcahk.org.hk/kindergarten/interkinder/html

發表於 09-6-10 09:50 |顯示全部帖子
Yes, don't go there if you intent to send your child to local system. I think their curriculum is tailor made for those who plan to go to IS, not local school.

As for teaching Chinese in pre-K, I am sorry, I cannot recall. Pls check it out with the school for more accurate answer.

原帖由 mabel_leung 於 09-6-9 13:46 發表
Williamhero

Thank you so much for your sharing.

Do you mean if I prefer local system, then do not place the child to YMCA?  Does YMCA teach Chinese in pre-K?

Thank you.

發表於 09-6-10 13:47 |顯示全部帖子
Williamhero, bakusensei

Thank you so much for your info.  

I think I will not place my boy to YMCA as I prefer local school more.

Thank you.

發表於 09-6-20 20:27 |顯示全部帖子
My younger girl is currently study in YMCA Int. TST now , and her elder sister is study in YMCA 4 years ago. I have to tell you that when I first thinking about transferring my girl from the original kindergarten (Hong Kong side) and more than double the school free each month ($8,xxx), I have a doubt about it...

But the miracle do happen 4 years ago, and happen this year to us as well. Excellent teacher, dramatic change of children self confident, excellent language building, and great care about your child.

Not like the other kindergarten, they don't spent any time to do any project just want to please the parent, and you might have some concern about how they are doing in the school in the first few months (we do...), since this is their style..

Unlike some of the fancy local kindergarten, you are not going to have any online information about their school work and their activities in the school, and you have to trust them.

If you need me to recommend any kindergarten in Hong Kong, I will recommend them without any through.... and it do worth the money you paid!!!

發表於 10-5-12 10:08 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 646464 於 09-6-20 20:27 發表
My younger girl is currently study in YMCA Int. TST now , and her elder sister is study in YMCA 4 years ago. I have to tell you that when I first thinking about transferring my girl from the original  ...

My son has an offer from YMCA as well as Woodland in Aberdeen.  Our goal is INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL and not ESF schools.  Which kindergarten do you think will prepare him better in this instance?
Thank you.

發表於 10-5-12 10:31 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 elock 於 10-5-12 10:08 發表

My son has an offer from YMCA as well as Woodland in Aberdeen.  Our goal is INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL and not ESF schools.  Which kindergarten do you think will prepare him better in this instance?
Thank ...

Woodlands

發表於 10-5-12 13:02 |顯示全部帖子
Woodland Harbourside School (in Ocean Court of Aberdeen) is a very good school.  I highly recommend this school to you.

原帖由 elock 於 10-5-12 10:08 發表

Thank ...

發表於 10-5-13 11:12 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Yau_Cheung 於 10-5-12 13:02 發表
Woodland Harbourside School (in Ocean Court of Aberdeen) is a very good school.  I highly recommend this school to you.

Thank you for your suggestion!
But can you elaborate more as to why you suggest Woodland and not YMCA?

發表於 10-5-13 11:13 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 lottieclee 於 10-5-12 10:31 發表

Woodlands

Thank you for your reply.
Can you explain more as to why Woodland is preferred to YMCA?

發表於 10-6-11 00:51 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 10-6-12 01:31 |顯示全部帖子
For YMCA, your kid don't even need to know English, they will train them.. first come first serve, no interview at all..

發表於 10-6-29 17:05 |顯示全部帖子
Hi, I'm planning for my twins - they will apply for K1 this year for 2011 academic year and I would like them to join ESF/RC (or ICS).  I'm Cat 2.

After reading this thread, the acceptance rate to ESF/RC is controversal.  May I know:

- the application period and procedure (any interview or tips?)
- the tuition fee for K1, K2 and K3 (both for half day and full day for K2 and K3) x how many months per year?
- any statistics or general info. about the primary schools/IS of the graduates
- medium of teaching (purely English or how long Chinese /Putonghua lesson per week)

Million thanks.

原帖由 greg 於 10-6-12 01:31 發表
For YMCA, your kid don't even need to know English, they will train them.. first come first serve, no interview at all..

[ 本帖最後由 buu0605 於 10-6-29 17:33 編輯 ]

發表於 10-6-30 00:26 |顯示全部帖子
Answer to your questions:
   From 1 Sept but you can call the school to see if they have place available.  Their students come and go and place may be available any time, especially, Dec/Jan or Mar/Apr

- the tuition fee for K1, K2 and K3 (both for half day and full day for K2 and K3) x how many months per year?
   Half day 4,680 and full day 8,091 (including lunch charge).  K1 is only half day but K2/K3 you can choose.  10 payments per year and there is no misc fee, including outings.  The only charge that I have paid was the class photo but you can choose to have the photo or not.

- any statistics or general info. about the primary schools/IS of the graduates
    JIS, KJS, RC, CAIS and others but they have a lot of Cat 1 students

- medium of teaching (purely English or how long Chinese /Putonghua lesson per week)
    English only - students can only speak English at school
    PTH - 15 mins/week for K1 and 30 mins/week for K2 / K3.  For full day student, there should be another 1 hr session per week.

The above info is for 2009/10 school year.  Things may change and thus you should check with the school.

Also, in case you are interested to know - for full day programme, they have professional coaches for swimming, gym, golf.  For languages, they have PTH and French sessions.  There are also art and craft, Bible studies and special projects.

Children are admitted as long as places are available.  The so-called interview is just more a get-to-know session.  Some children started the school knowing very little English but they can speak good English by the time the student graduates.

YMCA is a Christian school and thus they teach Christian value - in case this is a concern.

Hope the above help.

發表於 10-6-30 11:52 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks a lot, tamm!

原帖由 tamm 於 10-6-30 00:26 發表
Answer to your questions:
   From 1 Sept but you can call the school to see if they have place available.  Their students come and go an ...