教育王國 討論區 國際學校 是否所有IS kinder都要一早報名?
發新帖
查看: 818|回覆: 4
go

是否所有IS kinder都要一早報名?

發表於 09-2-14 21:23 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 09-2-16 16:40 |顯示全部帖子
Like the K1 class of KBCK, CNDIS, the reception class of Kellet (probably more), Applications may be accepted from birth, therefore, a waiting list is already building up for the year your child will enter.
For example in KBCK, the earlier you send in the form, the higher chance you get into the morning session.
Like Kellet, they have "queue number" system. The chance will float, of course, based on the queue numbe ryou have and the other policy of silbling and debenture coverage.
The above is not applicable to ESF, I believe.
Kind regards,
Maria

原帖由 BabaTed 於 09-2-14 21:23 發表
我上了多個IS kinder的網頁都沒有寫要幾時報名,是否應一早報名,(不用像local kinder在入學前一年的8﹣10月報名) 到interview period便可排早些及早些confirm acceptance? ...

發表於 09-2-20 00:29 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Maria,

Thanks for the information.  My son is almost 6 months and KBCK is one of my targeted Kindergarten.  I believed I should submit the application form as soon as possible.

發表於 09-2-20 11:00 |顯示全部帖子
I sent KBCK the application form for September 2009 entry in November 2006.
Yes, when the child was an infant (5-mos), due to higher chance to get into morning class.
This 's what I did for security. Probably it is not a must now.
Kind regards,
Maria

原帖由 田心 於 09-2-20 00:29 發表
Hi Maria,

Thanks for the information.  My son is almost 6 months and KBCK is one of my targeted Kindergarten.  I believed I should submit the application form as soon as possible.

發表於 09-2-22 13:20 |顯示全部帖子
I got my brother to turn in the form to KBCK when his daughter's 3 months old.
If you are determined to put your kid in IS, it's better off you use English as his/her 1st language, not a mixture of Chinese and English.
My son (KBCK and now in ESF) spoke only English up to 3 years old.  I'm not worried about his Chinese as I know he will spend at least the first 12 years in HK.  He started to pick up Cantonese when he's 4, I guess from watching TV and from the local environment.  It's less than a year's time that he changed from zero Cantonese to extremely fluent Cantonese.  He's now able to read most Chinese street names, 80% of restaurant menu in Chinese, understand Chinese newspaper headlines (except very particular words).  He speaks better Mandarin than I do, and without doubt he can survive in both English and Chinese environment.
EsmondMaMa = Esmond'sMom