密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Term Break Holidays - ESF
發新帖
查看: 978|回覆: 6
go

Term Break Holidays - ESF

發表於 08-10-20 12:51 |顯示全部帖子
Just wonder what you do with your children this week?  It is good that younger children can have a full week rest after the new start of the schoo which is quite an experience to them.  But... if you are both working and/or you dont have a helper this can be quite challenging as I dont think many people can take a whole week off.  Anyway, any suggestions for activities?  Many thanks.
Mighty
love you for you
自分に負けるな!!

醒目開學勳章

發表於 08-10-20 14:35 |顯示全部帖子
My son is staying home and doing nothing. But he is asking me to give him some books to read, i.e. "Magic School Bus". It quite surprises me that he takes the initiative. So I pour out all the story books including dictionary for him. But tomorrow is another day.... 1 week school holiday is too long for working mom.....

發表於 08-10-20 14:54 |顯示全部帖子
<1 week school holiday is too long for working mom.....>
But it's also too long for a full time mom like me!  It's not yet 3:00pm and I am already exhausted!

發表於 08-10-20 15:19 |顯示全部帖子
In fact, I have a routine for her to do.  Breakfast, some writing exercise, playing in the park, lunch, nap time, cartoon time, reading (she chooses which book to read), free time (whatever she likes to do).  Thought shld go on a day trip with her but just dont know where to go.. been to Ocean Park, Wetland Park, Hong Kong Park etc.
Mighty
love you for you
自分に負けるな!!

發表於 08-10-22 23:23 |顯示全部帖子
you can spend half day at the museum.
These are my son's favorite (even though he is 3.5 yrs) :
space museum
science museum
The museum of history
hertiage museum (shatin)
Railway museum (tai po)

原帖由 Mighty 於 08-10-20 15:19 發表
In fact, I have a routine for her to do.  Breakfast, some writing exercise, playing in the park, lunch, nap time, cartoon time, reading (she chooses which book to read), free time (whatever she likes  ...
http://www.snugglepie.com/ezb/153827.png[/img]

發表於 08-10-25 09:47 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 # 的文章

I arranged some playdates (normally in the afternoon) with his friends or schoolmates or invite his grandma & pa to come.  Then I took one day's leave to take him and his friends/schoolmates to the beach.  

Quite fruitful.

發表於 08-10-26 10:14 |顯示全部帖子
We went to Tokyo. Weather is good and off season charge for package is not expensive. Just return last night.We brought our lap top computer. So my son needed to write his travel journal every night. We also brought some of his homework. He spent a bit time to do the work in a few nights  and while waiting in the airport - like yesterday we spent four hours at Narita Airport due to flight delay. So  quite a busy week (play and work).

Welcome to see my son's trave diary.

http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/wanghei-mylife

[ 本帖最後由 wewangwang 於 08-10-26 10:16 編輯 ]