用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 International school to local primary one?
發新帖
查看: 3293|回覆: 4
go

International school to local primary one?

發表於 08-10-5 17:43 |顯示全部帖子
Dear all,
If now I applied an international kindergarten to my son (now he is studying in K2 in local kindergarten) , that mean in sept-2009, he will study in K3 in international kindergarten . ( the reason I apply internaional school to him now is because I want to set up a safety net to my son in case he failed in all DSS/private school when he apply K3 next yr)
And then I applied the private/DSS school in the Sept,2009, will the DSS or private school think that my son has already chosen international school line and decrease his chance to get admission?
Can anyone help to sove my problem?
thanks

發表於 08-10-6 11:29 |顯示全部帖子
Which international kindergarten you are talking about?  As I know, most of the international kindergartens just offer K1 and K2.  

原帖由 liyinfai 於 08-10-5 17:43 發表
Dear all,
If now I applied an international kindergarten to my son (now he is studying in K2 in local kindergarten) , that mean in sept-2009, he will study in K3 in international kindergarten . ( the  ...

發表於 08-10-6 14:07 |顯示全部帖子
Hi liyinfai,

You may wish to know that normally IS primary's Y1 is for kids at the age of 5 (or 4 years 8 months in most IS locally).  If you send your son to study K3 in an IS kinder in Sep 2009, that probably means he would study in the IS primary school (as one of your schooling strategies) at the age of 6 in Sep 2010.

Though I have not gone through the path you are experiencing (my son is a year younger than yours), I understand that there should make not much difference, i.e. the DSS/private schools you are going to apply for will not label your son as one who must bridge in IS primary schools.  To be fair, they should assess your son's ability in the light of everything else such as Chinese and Math skills.  A logical guess is for these schools to test the Chinese proficiency of your son, so to speak.

Other parents who have first hand experience are welcome to offer their views here.

mosesdaddy

原帖由 liyinfai 於 08-10-5 17:43 發表
Dear all,
If now I applied an international kindergarten to my son (now he is studying in K2 in local kindergarten) , that mean in sept-2009, he will study in K3 in international kindergarten . ( the  ...

發表於 08-10-6 14:11 |顯示全部帖子
Dear PurpleSea,

I am not familiar with others, but I know that Small World Christian Kindergarten (an IS kinder) offers K3 classes because some of their K2 students do not go to IS primary.

mosesdaddy

原帖由 PurpleSea 於 08-10-6 11:29 發表
Which international kindergarten you are talking about?  As I know, most of the international kindergartens just offer K1 and K2.  

發表於 08-10-6 16:10 |顯示全部帖子
Ms Lee,The Headmastress of SPCC responsed to a attendant's question,"咁讀國際學校幼稚園既學生就真係無咁着數" in the open fourm 2006. But she meant that IS students are tend to "坐唔定" in her own words.
Don't worry too much,she also said"咁細仔就真係無咁着數",but in fact they also accept 細仔too.