搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ESF Admission
發新帖
查看: 4559|回覆: 15
go

ESF Admission [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-7-29 22:14 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Want to know the admission details about the ESF (Y1).  Apart from filling the application form, what's else?
-portfolio?
-interview? (format? what will be asked? how long would it take?)
-successful rate?  

Besides, how's about RC?

Thank you very much.
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-7-30 12:29 |只看該作者
-portfolio?  No need.  
-interview? (format? what will be asked? how long would it take?)  The interviewer will read story, ask the kids to draw, or play games to see if the kids can communicate fluently in english
-successful rate?  The school prioritize application by category.  See their website below.  Kids from ESF kindergarten have high successful rate.  For kids studied in local kindergarten, chance is slim.
http://www.esf.edu.hk/index.aspx?nodeID=1039&langno=1

Besides, how's about RC? There are even more kids applying RC as kids from all zones can apply this school.

3#
發表於 08-7-30 13:55 |只看該作者
karinamama,

Thank you for your reply.

About the interview:
-the kid take it solely?  no adult accompany??
-not all the applicants will have the interview, any criteria? (foreign passport holder?  ESF kindergarten?)  

My son study at Victoria, any chance?

原文章由 karinamama 於 08-7-30 12:29 發表
-portfolio?  No need.  
-interview? (format? what will be asked? how long would it take?)  The interviewer will read story, ask the kids to draw, or play games to see if the kids can communicate fluen ...

4#
發表於 08-7-30 22:36 |只看該作者
Hi Radiomama,

-the kid take it solely?  no adult accompany??  The kid will attend the interview alone.  

-not all the applicants will have the interview, any criteria? Not all applicants will be invited for interview.  Priority will go to kids who speak english as mother tongue and hold foreign passport.  All kids from ESF kindergarten will be invited for interview too.  The Headmistress of the ESF Kindergarten told me their successful rate is over 90% for past years.

My son study at Victoria, any chance?  Is he studying in international or local stream?  I think he has a better chance of being invited to interview if he studied in international stream.

5#
發表於 08-7-31 15:55 |只看該作者
Karinamama,

Thank you very much.

My son has canadian passport but was born in HK.  We will give a try anyway.

原文章由 karinamama 於 08-7-30 22:36 發表
Hi Radiomama,

-the kid take it solely?  no adult accompany??  The kid will attend the interview alone.  

-not all the applicants will have the interview, any criteria? Not all applicants will be inv ...

6#
發表於 08-7-31 20:01 |只看該作者
原文章由 Radiomama 於 08-7-31 15:55 發表
Karinamama,

Thank you very much.

My son has canadian passport but was born in HK.  We will give a try anyway.

for the 2008/09 ESF primary admission,
a foreign passport holder does not have any priority.

the priority criteria is listed in ESF's website.

out of the priority list, it seems whether the kid comes from an international kinder or a local one counts in getting the interview offer.

In the lowest priority group, kids study at international kindergartens have higher chance of getting the interview than those from local kinders for the intake 2008/09

7#
發表於 08-8-2 02:17 |只看該作者
How about the chinese lessons? Do they take traditional or simplified chinese character in the chinese lessons and how many hours for everyday?

8#
發表於 08-8-4 12:24 |只看該作者
They have 15 mins PTH lesson everyday.  They teach simplied chinese character.

9#
發表於 08-8-4 22:33 |只看該作者

ESF

Hi birdbird,

Do you know is that high chance to enter ESF if the childen study in Anfield international school in Kowloon Tong

10#
發表於 08-8-5 15:08 |只看該作者
原文章由 workmama 於 08-8-4 22:33 發表
Hi birdbird,

Do you know is that high chance to enter ESF if the childen study in Anfield international school in Kowloon Tong

My daughter gets admitted to ESF Beacon Hill School at Kowloon Tong.  One of her classmate also get admitted at the same interview - she was from Anfield.  I know the gal's mother and she told me that the reason of her to switch her daughter to Anfield is that they guaranteed to have ESF interview.  This is what I heard.

Hope this is helpfull!

Cheers, Monghar

11#
發表於 08-8-6 11:43 |只看該作者

ESF

Hi Monghar,

Thank you so much for your sharing.

Are your daughter's classmate local Chinese ? I am Chinese and do not hold the foreigh passport... i am not sure can my daughter get interview chance in ESF...

12#
發表於 08-8-12 20:34 |只看該作者
原文章由 workmama 於 08-8-6 11:43 發表
Hi Monghar,

Thank you so much for your sharing.

Are your daughter's classmate local Chinese ? I am Chinese and do not hold the foreigh passport... i am not sure can my daughter get interview chance ...

YES indeed!  The classmate is a local Chinese but she hates Chinese very much when she was at a local kindergarten with my girl at K1.  Because of that, her mum switched her to Anfield for K2.  Most importantly, you need to speak English at home all the time to your child and make sure his/her is able to understand and communicate in smooth English.  The teacher at ESF is looking for high standard of English - whether he/she is able to understand simple instruction.  In return, the student needs to express their answer or feeling in English to the teacher during the interview.  Once they found out that the student is not native, they will reconsider or put them in waiting list.  Same thing for you when fill up the application form, you need to specify that your mother-tongue or language speaking at home is ENGLISH all the time.

Should be okay once your daughter is able to communicate well in English.  Doesn't really matter her Mandarin or Cantonese.  They don't grade her Chinese at all, as most subjects are in English except Mandarin.

Hope all these really help!

Cheers,
Monghar

13#
發表於 08-8-13 23:10 |只看該作者

ESF

Hi Monghar,

Your sharing is really fruitful and i have more and more confidence. Thank you so much.

How's your daughter is ESF ? Enjoy?

workmama

14#
發表於 08-8-30 22:45 |只看該作者
Good day Workmama,

She has a wonderful start at Beacon Hill School.  She loves going to school every day.  She is a great kid to adapt to a new environment quickily.  Also, do make sure you keep up the english in conversational level.  

Btw, regarding your passport issue, you may want to specify RC in your application as additional choices as I heard that there are more locals get into RC then any other ESF schools.  That is why their school fees are more expensive with little gov't subsidise.  Also, they have bigger school compound and facilities.

Cheers,
Monghar

原帖由 workmama 於 08-8-13 23:10 發表
Hi Monghar,

Your sharing is really fruitful and i have more and more confidence. Thank you so much.

How's your daughter is ESF ? Enjoy?

workmama

15#
發表於 08-9-1 08:14 |只看該作者
Do we have a choice to choose for the schools? I live in Kowloon , and I dont really mind travelling, i am looking at Shatin Jr, Kowloon Jr, or Beacon Hill? and recon?
原帖由 Monghar 於 08-8-30 22:45 發表
Good day Workmama,

She has a wonderful start at Beacon Hill School.  She loves going to school every day.  She is a great kid to adapt to a new environment quickily.  Also, do make sure you keep up t ...

16#
發表於 08-9-1 09:12 |只看該作者
Dear all,

My son is going to woodland pre school on caine road, he is on waiting list to Starter in Jan 2009 and Small little world in Apr 2009, which school has more chance for my son to get into ESF Primary?  Please help?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題