搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Hire an English teacher??
發新帖
查看: 1606|回覆: 8
go

Hire an English teacher?? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-7-3 15:11 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
My kid is studying at K2 in local kindergarten, but she will go to Year 1 at IS in coming August.  We don’t have any extra English classes for her. She learns English from TV. I don’t think it is good enough for her but she enjoys using this way to brush up her English.

Do any parents think my kid needs to hire an English teacher if she studies at IS?

Do all children speak English at home if they studies at IS?

[ 本文章最後由 yy_hippo 於 08-7-3 15:42 編輯 ]
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-7-4 00:08 |只看該作者
IMHO, if you can afford an English teacher AND you feel like your child needs one, go ahead to hire one.

3#
發表於 08-7-4 15:46 |只看該作者
我就不賛成了、因覚得効果不大。  有IS収、便代表她的英文程度OK,為何要花銭請TUTOR? 譲她在学校的環境裏学習英文、不是足了嗎? 況且這年紀、要有朋友仔一斉学才有効的。  読IS的、不一定在家也用英語的、在家可有自己的HOME LANGUAGE。  我有朋友的女児、在家説普通話(母語)、對外説英文、完全没有問題。

4#
發表於 08-7-11 13:36 |只看該作者
My girl was study Local kindergarten Before k3, After that, she transfer to inter'l kindergarten. I thought If you hire the native English tutor to her. She'll easy to catch up for her coming year. (The school principle advise me in K2 summer holiday to study more with her. E.g : give her more pratice.......play group....or other enviroment.)
Only K3 this year, Let her easy to go through this Year.
Then, you can no need to hire any English Oral teacher to her. (becasuse local school's English is not same as international school tone.i.e: second language or first language.)
Finally, you don't worry about that. The school and teacher are so nice to students.
My girl was very happiness in this year. In next Acedemic,But now I only worry about writing skills in international school. ..

原文章由 yy_hippo 於 08-7-3 15:11 發表
My kid is studying at K2 in local kindergarten, but she will go to Year 1 at IS in coming August.  We don’t have any extra English classes for her. She learns English from TV. I don’t think it is go ...
When the rain is over, the sky clears up take one's course 順其發展;聽其自然

5#
發表於 08-7-11 15:00 |只看該作者
Dear KaKaYa,

please try to learn the English with your daughter , you can read with her or play with her, let her watch the English programme, my son read two - five books per day(15 - 30 mins), he need to read aloud to pratice his english by himself. it was improved a lot since he had the habit. it is more effective than hire the native english tutor to her.

just share!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

原文章由 KaKaYa 於 08-7-11 13:36 發表
My girl was study Local kindergarten Before k3, After that, she transfer to inter'l kindergarten. I thought If you hire the native English tutor to her. She'll easy to catch up for her coming year. (T ...

6#
發表於 08-7-17 22:59 |只看該作者
leeleelee,

I couldn't agree with you more on this.

I have never read a book more tha 100 pages long and to this day I have always had difficulty in my reading.

My son reads daily at school and home and have recently read a book with over 100 pages.  When I read with him he often corrects me when I've read a wrong word.

I just cannot stress how important it is to get them to read as early as possible and into the habit.  Although he can read every words in the book when I ask him what the some words means he cannot explain to me, so it is also very important to get them to know how to use a dictionary, as well.   

原文章由 leeleelee 於 08-7-11 15:00 發表
Dear KaKaYa,

please try to learn the English with your daughter , you can read with her or play with her, let her watch the English programme, my son read two - five books per day(15 - 30 mins), he n ...

7#
發表於 08-7-19 16:05 |只看該作者
原文章由 Twolovelyboys 於 08-7-17 22:59 發表
leeleelee,

I have never read a book more tha 100 pages long and to this day I have always had difficulty in my reading.

My son reads daily at school and home ...

What you say is absolutely right. I do the same thing to my son, and I think it works well.

8#
發表於 08-7-21 16:28 |只看該作者
Twolovelyboys,

May I know how old is your son to read 100 pages book?  I just asked out of curiosity as I would like to know what age group will be able to read 100 pages nowadays.

Thanks a lot!  

原文章由 Twolovelyboys 於 08-7-17 22:59 發表
leeleelee,

My son reads daily at school and home ...
HELLO!

9#
發表於 08-7-21 17:32 |只看該作者
Hi fatping1

He is 7 years old, but started using phonics learn to
pronouce words when he was in reception (5 years old).

He was only interested to read the book because he was into kittens right now and the book was a story of kittens.  To be honest I not sure what stadard he is at as I have not compared him with other childern.

原文章由 fatping1 於 08-7-21 16:28 發表
Twolovelyboys,

May I know how old is your son to read 100 pages book?  I just asked out of curiosity as I would like to know what age group will be able to read 100 pages nowadays.

Thanks a lot!  

‹ 上一主題|下一主題