發新帖
查看: 3649|回覆: 15
go

英 基 不 加 費 或 削 中 文 課 程 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-6-24 11:21 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
[size=+1]英 基 不 加 費 或 削 中 文 課 程
英 基 上 周 舉 行 兩 場 簡 介 會 , 解 釋 加 學 費 的 原 因 , 但 未 能 說 服 家 長 。
  (星島日報報道)英基學校協會計畫下學年調高學費,引來逾三百名家長聯署反對。英基行政總監杜茵妮警告,若加學費計畫胎死腹中,校方可能被逼取消中文課程,長遠影響學生的普通話能力,亦未能向教師加薪,引致教師大量流失,影響教學質素。

英基上周舉行兩場簡介會,解釋加學費的原因,但未能說服家長。英基行政總監杜茵妮接受《英文虎報》訪問時坦言,若政府否決其加學費申請,校方已沒有後備計畫,教學服務勢必被削。

她形容,中文課程對學生來說「不能缺少」,但若英基未能加學費,校方將被逼取消該課程,長遠對學生有極大影響,「愈來愈多工作要求僱員懂普通話,因此不懂說的學生日後在本港市場競爭,將會吃虧」。

她續指,加學費主要是為教師加薪約百分之四點八,以及將租金津貼提升約一成半,以挽留教師,否則將有大批教師流失,屆時學校的教學質素勢必下降。

對於家長指英基坐擁五億元儲備,杜茵妮解釋:「儲備是協會於過去四十年來累積的資產,只是帳面數字,不是現金。」她並反駁以學費投資私立獨立學校之說,指英基於九九年決定建校,二億四千萬元的建校費屬一筆過投資,而兩所私立獨立學校將分二十年向英基歸還撥款及利息。

家長對英基可能取消中文課程則意見分歧,兒子就讀沙田小學的本地家長認為,學校應不惜一切保留中文課程,寧願每年多付數千元學費;來自印度的家長John Mampilli則指,取消中文課程影響不大。

2008-06-24
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-6-24 14:10 |只看該作者
原文章由 play 於 08-6-24 11:21 發表
英 基 不 加 費 或 削 中 文 課 程 英 基 上 周 舉 行 兩 場 簡 介 會 , 解 釋 加 學 費 的 原 因 , 但 未 能 說 服 家 長 。   (星島日報報道)英基學校協會 ...

...其實佢只係未講出口: 一係你就讀, 一係你就走.  我既waiting list 有成千人, 你唔讀都仲有大把人來讀.  最無奈都係做家長, 最可憐都係學生.  唔比加就會引起教師流失, 影響教學質素, 損失既都係學生. 咁大條理由, 你比唔比加?...

3#
發表於 08-6-24 14:32 |只看該作者
你講得好到肉!

原文章由 siuwa 於 08-6-24 14:10 發表

...其實佢只係未講出口: 一係你就讀, 一係你就走.  我既waiting list 有成千人, 你唔讀都仲有大把人來讀.  最無奈都係做家長, 最可憐都係學生.  唔比加就會引起教師流失, 影響教學質素, 損失既都係學生. 咁大條理由 ...

4#
發表於 08-6-24 15:58 |只看該作者
原文章由 kyliema2006 於 08-6-24 14:32 發表
你講得好到肉!

Mr. Cat,

So now we all see how "gorgeous" our CEO is!  First thing she can think of is to cut students' benefits to increase benefits of the management team!

I know that CKY will freeze the school fee this year, why so "generous"?  Should we (those object to fee increase) all switch the kids to your school?  Or PLK plans to increase fee only after their new campus is built?

Give some tips la!

5#
發表於 08-6-24 16:19 |只看該作者
Dear wymom,

其實學費在過去兩年都有加,可能今年為減輕家長焦慮及負擔,所以暫停一年啦。但09年會否加學費,可能會的。

學校一向標榜非牟利及有保良局資助,所以學費已較同類型學校的為低,希望他們將來不要食言啦。

聽說耀中小學今年學費都加至HKD13K,中產真係慘!

原文章由 WYmom 於 08-6-24 15:58 發表

Mr. Cat,

So now we all see how "gorgeous" our CEO is!  First thing she can think of is to cut students' benefits to increase benefits of the management team!

I know that CKY will freeze the schoo ...

6#
發表於 08-6-24 16:48 |只看該作者
原文章由 kyliema2006 於 08-6-24 16:19 發表
Dear wymom,

其實學費在過去兩年都有加,可能今年為減輕家長焦慮及負擔,所以暫停一年啦。但09年會否加學費,可能會的。

學校一向標榜非牟利及有保良局資助,所以學費已較同類型學校的為低,希望他們將來不要食言啦。

聽說 ...

Oh, your principal is really considerate! ESF has also increased fees for last 2 years continuously, and now the 3rd time, and they already said that the increase will continue to be more and more and more...

For Yew Chung, they used to be catered for the very rich, and now they have new campus opened as well, they of course have more reasons.  For us, we have to pay more and more for many years before we can have a few new campus (which will not benefit my kids at all anyway), not after!!  And they said, Of course!  Ha!

[ 本文章最後由 WYmom 於 08-6-24 16:54 編輯 ]

7#
發表於 08-6-24 17:03 |只看該作者
"英基行政總監杜茵妮警告,若加學費計畫胎死腹中,校方可能被逼取消中文課程,長遠影響學生的普通話能力,亦未能向教師加薪,引致教師大量流失,影響教學質素...
她形容,中文課程對學生來說「不能缺少」,但若英基未能加學費,校方將被逼取消該課程,長遠對學生有極大影響,「愈來愈多工作要求僱員懂普通話,因此不懂說的學生日後在本港市場競爭,將會吃虧」。"

I think this is really a threatening statement to all ESF parents who like their children to learn chinese from school.  I am very disappointed to this person, shame on her! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

8#
發表於 08-6-25 15:51 |只看該作者
原文章由 siuwa 於 08-6-24 14:10 發表

...其實佢只係未講出口: 一係你就讀, 一係你就走.  我既waiting list 有成千人, 你唔讀都仲有大把人來讀.  最無奈都係做家長, 最可憐都係學生.  唔比加就會引起教師流失, 影響教學質素, 損失既都係學生. 咁大條理由 ...

This is outrageous!!

How dare she threatened to cut back the Chinese Class of the students? Whatever it takes students should not be held as hostages.

Nevertheless, can anyone confirms what the reporters wrote is a true recollection of what she said? The quality of our reporters are ridiculously low and they always make up the story. If she really said so then she is not qualified to lead ESF anymore.

As written in other thread I did not strongly object to the fee increase as I would take it as "the reality is a bitter thing to swallow". Given the high inflation rate and the need to maintain a high quality eduation. But if she made such points of cancelling Chinese Class or other classes, it is totally unacceptable.

9#
發表於 08-6-26 13:47 |只看該作者
原文章由 Wingba 於 08-6-25 15:51 發表

This is outrageous!!

How dare she threatened to cut back the Chinese Class of the students? Whatever it takes students should not be held as hostages.

Nevertheless, can anyone confirms what the r ...

scary~~

if i take the option, i gonna hire a tutor to teach my kid chinese?!
costly!!!!

10#
發表於 08-6-27 18:38 |只看該作者
仮切記者没有委曲事実、CEO真的説了若不加学費、中文課堂就要削減、算術是如何計算?  以SJS為例、1星期只有3日中文、比例這様少、為何削減中文堂就可以削減整体費用?  笑天下之大話!! 其実説出来原因簡単、学校知道本地家長(占全校家長70%以上)非常重視中文、以這科目来脅迫最為有効、大家賛成否? ORIENTATION 当天、MS DUNSTAN説2009年開始中文増加致毎日1課、我非常高興、以為ESF也予時並進了、現在看是空歓喜一場!!

11#
發表於 08-6-29 05:07 |只看該作者
I am totally disappointed about the CEO's way of dealing with the matter!

The threatening statement is so blatant.  In fact, EST's teachers' pay has been much higher than the market rates of international schools.  Your wallet has already been ultra-fat.  You just want it fatter.

The statement is like "If you don't give me more and more and more, I would get it from the students (i.e. by cutting the courses)"  

What educationists they are to consider fattening themselves at the expenses of their students?

Do they love or at least care about their students?

Totally, completely outrageous!!!!

[ 本文章最後由 ikerberg 於 08-6-29 05:08 編輯 ]

12#
發表於 08-6-30 23:27 |只看該作者
原文章由 ikerberg 於 08-6-29 05:07 發表
I am totally disappointed about the CEO's way of dealing with the matter!

The threatening statement is so blatant.  In fact, EST's teachers' pay has been much higher than the market rates of interna ...

:;pppp:

13#
發表於 08-7-2 09:01 |只看該作者
原文章由 kyliema2006 於 08-6-24 16:19 發表
........中產真係慘!  

Quite an interesting question from here ?

What is the household income should be classified as middle class ?

I have discussed this topic with the colleagues/friends . There is quite a lot of various interpretation.

How about your view ?

14#
發表於 08-7-7 02:32 |只看該作者

15#
發表於 08-7-9 00:03 |只看該作者
There was a clarification on Jun 27 posted on Standard:

-quote-
What Quesnay said in the interview was that the Chinese curriculum, which is important for students to learn Putonghua, will be "affected in terms of resources."
-end quote-

I think the Chinese paper still translated it well.  This is still a threat no matter how poetically she words the meaning.

原文章由 Wingba 於 08-6-25 15:51 發表

This is outrageous!!

Nevertheless, can anyone confirms what the r ...

16#
發表於 08-8-4 17:40 |只看該作者
原文章由 xmaseve 於 08-6-24 17:03 發表
"英基行政總監杜茵妮警告,若加學費計畫胎死腹中,校方可能被逼取消中文課程,長遠影響學生的普通話能力,亦未能向教師加薪,引致教師大量流失,影響教學質素...
她形容,中文課程對學生來說「不能缺少」,但若英基未能加學費,校方將 ...

Yes, totally agree!!  It's indeed a kind of threatening!!!!!!!  HK is a chinese society, how can she "取消中文課程"????? I put my son into an IS just because I don't wanna let him suffer from a spoon-fed local education system, and of course helping him to build up a strong foundation in english too.  It doesn't mean that I wanna give up chinese?????
‹ 上一主題|下一主題