密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Advices needed
發新帖
查看: 967|回覆: 5
go

Advices needed

發表於 08-4-25 19:37 |顯示全部帖子
My friend has a 9-10 year old daughter who live in UK since small. My friend wanted to bring her back and stay in HK during this summer. She's fluent in English but can barely speak and read Cantonese. So, are there any international schools that suit her daughter ? Is it easy find a vacancy in the international schools for her grade (5th grade) ? Thanks all for the suggestions

發表於 08-4-25 20:20 |顯示全部帖子
She is not different from foreigner with mother tongue in English. Therefore, all the international schools are suitable, even some DSS schools offer english as main & french as secondary laguage are suitable. The question is whether those schools have place for her.
原文章由 wkko 於 08-4-25 19:37 發表
My friend has a 9-10 year old daughter who live in UK since small. My friend wanted to bring her back and stay in HK during this summer. She's fluent in English but can barely speak and read Cantonese ...

[ 本文章最後由 matthewdad 於 08-4-25 21:12 編輯 ]

發表於 08-4-25 23:12 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks ! Do you think it'd be possible to get a seat in the coming semester ?

原文章由 matthewdad 於 08-4-25 20:20 發表
She is not different from foreigner with mother tongue in English. Therefore, all the international schools are suitable, even some DSS schools offer english as main & french as secondary laguage are  ...

發表於 08-4-26 22:03 |顯示全部帖子
Hi wkko,

As I understand, most IS will accord higher priority to cases like your friend's situation (at least ESF will do so since its series of schools will give priority to those who can't receive the local education (Chinese)).  If your friend is serious about moving back and settling his/her daughter in IS, he/she should act now.  As pointed out by matthewdad, it all depends on the availability of places before any IS could admit his/her daughter.

mosesdaddy

原文章由 wkko 於 08-4-25 19:37 發表
My friend has a 9-10 year old daughter who live in UK since small. My friend wanted to bring her back and stay in HK during this summer. She's fluent in English but can barely speak and read Cantonese ...

[ 本文章最後由 mosesdaddy 於 08-4-26 22:19 編輯 ]

發表於 08-4-27 12:03 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks all for the suggestions. I'll try to tell my friend.

原文章由 mosesdaddy 於 08-4-26 22:03 發表
Hi wkko,

As I understand, most IS will accord higher priority to cases like your friend's situation (at least ESF will do so since its series of schools will give priority to those who can't receive  ...

發表於 08-4-27 12:10 |顯示全部帖子
check this link, it got all the information for your friends on international and DSS schools in HK with details.
http://www.edb.gov.hk/index.aspx?nodeID=4369&langno=1
原文章由 wkko 於 08-4-27 12:03 發表
Thanks all for the suggestions. I'll try to tell my friend.