密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ESF primary school
發新帖
查看: 3373|回覆: 11
go

ESF primary school

發表於 08-4-12 14:50 |顯示全部帖子
I would like to let my son apply P1 in the coming September for 2009 intake.
Now I wonder which school should I apply?
I choose between Shatin Junior and Quarry Bay School.  
I prefer Shatin Junior but I afraid the competition is too keen.
Do you know can local chinese kid (not studying in ESF kindergarten) get an interview in the 1st round interview in Shatin Junior?
Anyone can help?  (I have to make decision to move to the school zone before September)
Thanks a lot

發表於 08-4-18 08:57 |顯示全部帖子
Sorry, what is ESF

發表於 08-4-18 12:27 |顯示全部帖子
Sorry, what is ESF

http://www.esf.edu.hk/index.aspx

發表於 08-4-18 13:13 |顯示全部帖子
Dear All,

Don't worry, Year 1 is very competitive but starting from Y2, you wil have more chance to get in; just keep your kid on waiting list if you really want to be in IS.

YauMum

發表於 08-4-18 16:43 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 08-4-18 20:48 |顯示全部帖子
According to some unofficial information from parents, there were no interview offers for kids (in the lowest priority group) studying in local chinese kindergartens in the first round of the ESF P1 admission on HK side this year. Kids studying in international schools still could get an interview offer even though they were in the lowest piority group.

The number of interview offers sent out was around the number of P1 seats of the school. The interview was to screen out those kids who couldn't understand English or follow the instructions. So, there were only few P1 seats left after the first round of the screening test. In other words, for kids studying in local kindergartens, the chance for getting an ESF P1 interview is slim.

發表於 08-4-19 08:01 |顯示全部帖子
Thank you birdbird,

My son is now studying in an international kindergarten but not in ESF.  So can we have chance for inerview in Shatin Junior?

原文章由 birdbird 於 08-4-18 20:48 發表
According to some unofficial information from parents, there were no interview offers for kids (in the lowest priority group) studying in local chinese kindergartens in the first round of the ESF P1 a ...

發表於 08-4-19 09:01 |顯示全部帖子
Hi, everybody,

I've a question. My elder son is studying in an ESF school now.  He was from an IS kindergarten.  So, English is not a problem.  However, his Chinese is a little weak.  So, I'm thinking of putting my younger son into Hong Kong Pre-school or St Catherine (with more Chinese than IS).

So, will ESF consider HK Pre-school or St Catherine as local / international schools? Their English standards are also good!  Please advise.  Thanks!

原文章由 birdbird 於 08-4-18 20:48 發表
According to some unofficial information from parents, there were no interview offers for kids (in the lowest priority group) studying in local chinese kindergartens in the first round of the ESF P1 a ...

[ 本文章最後由 fishfishma 於 08-4-19 09:04 編輯 ]

發表於 08-4-19 09:19 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 fishfishma 於 08-4-19 09:01 發表
Hi, everybody,

I've a question. My elder son is studying in an ESF school now.  He was from an IS kindergarten.  So, English is not a problem.  However, his Chinese is a little weak.  So, I'm thinkin ...

In your case, you have siblings priorities (for ESF schools) so the type of kinder does not matter so much provided that the English standard meets their requirements.

But not sure for RC.

[ 本文章最後由 WYmom 於 08-4-19 09:25 編輯 ]

發表於 08-4-19 18:35 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 #8 fishfishma 的文章

Fishfishma,

If your kid has foreign passport (w/sibling status), there's nothing to worry about.  If no foreign passport, may not be able to get in through 1st round interview.  This is the case for this year's interview.  We have a few HK preschoolers got admitted into ESF already since last year.

Anyway, esf will keep u on waiting list; it's just a matter of time then.

發表於 08-4-19 21:54 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Fishfishma,

Do you know whether the HK Preschoolers are sibling of ESF student with foreign passport?

My kid is also a HK Preschooler but don't be offered an interview.  Finally I applied for RC and luckily my kid just got an offered from RC.

原文章由 fitmum 於 08-4-19 18:35 發表
Fishfishma,

If your kid has foreign passport (w/sibling status), there's nothing to worry about.  If no foreign passport, may not be able to get in through 1st round interview.  This is the case for  ...

發表於 08-4-20 16:51 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 #2 fitmum 的文章

WYmom and fitmom,
Thanks for your info.  I hope little brother can have a much balanced chinese/english environment before entering into IS.
(fitmom, i think gigi-mum is seeking for your advice)