密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 HK Institute of Language
查看: 5428|回覆: 28
go

HK Institute of Language [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-4-10 00:01 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Anyone has kid(s) attending their courses ? Are they good ? I'm considering to enroll my son into their German class, anyone has experience on this ?

Please share.

Thanks
Ruby
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-5-5 12:25 |只看該作者

Be careful with payment

I enrolled my son to the French class last Sep at KJS and paid for the whole year. I must say the teacher did not
seem to care much about the children in class and according to my son, his classmates sometimes got scolded in class.

My child was later relocated to Shanghai in Dec. So I wrote and called HLII to arrange for refund for the remaining two terms (approx $6,000). Their initial response was they would refund within two weeks due to my son's special case. Before Easter, I returned to HK to find out that no refund was made. I called the finance officer whom I found out to be just a part-time and was not there everyday; the only person who was willing to respond is the one in charge of curriculum but her response was disappointing. She said her boss had been too busy and forgot where he had my letter and other documentation. I was asked to fax and email everything again. I don't really have to tell you the remaining of the story. I faxed everything and someone told me her boss was too busy with summer immersion course and would review my case when he had time (but he did approve the refund in the first place!). I called their office everyday during my two weeks' stay in Hong Kong and I had been blocked off from talking to the boss. I told them I would like to meet Mr. SchXXXX in person and they said he wouldn't be available the whole day. They said they would call me after I returned to Shanghai (I told them to call me once the refund is ready). But nil response since Easter.

My conclusion: I am absolutely unimpressed by the lack of professionalism in this institute for two reasons:
i) an irresponsible and irresponsive management;
ii) there is no guarantee when it comes to the quality of teachers.

My suggestion: If you want to give it a go, just pay for a term to check out the quality of the teaching.

CC

3#
發表於 08-5-5 16:56 |只看該作者

回覆 #2 mayseechan 的文章

I agree with mayseechan, their management and attitude are very poor.

4#
發表於 08-5-6 16:08 |只看該作者

really?

I am planning to join their summer china class, and I suppose to go to their  and pay their expensive course tonight, any comment or suggestion  
dark shop...

5#
發表於 08-5-7 02:05 |只看該作者

回覆 #1 NLai 的文章

I went there tonight, and I didn't pay any thing, waiting your comment...

6#
發表於 08-5-7 10:38 |只看該作者
Either the institute's administration or management may have some real issues.  I was inquiring about the kids course for my little one...my emails were not replied and when I called the admin sounded very rude.  Their website looks good and the description of their courses sounds interesting, but I really question their professionalism in teaching if their admin is so unwelcoming.  I'd think twice before enrolling my little one there.

7#
發表於 08-5-7 23:23 |只看該作者

回覆 #1 SFmom 的文章

They reply email to me, and give me phone call as well. They have French , German class, seem interesting. But if their couse is expensive or not? Their summer tour to China is very experience, more then HK 30,000, for 21 days. !!

8#
發表於 08-5-8 11:24 |只看該作者

回覆 #7 NLai 的文章

N Lai,

I also want to find German teacher for my son, would you like to join together ?

Ruby

9#
發表於 08-5-8 23:13 |只看該作者
Yes, how old is your son? He learn German before? When you plan he can start the class? PM me if you want. I am interest about German, and French class, dont know where to go..

10#
發表於 08-5-9 00:28 |只看該作者
My son is also interested. Please PM me.
原文章由 NLai 於 08-5-8 23:13 發表
Yes, how old is your son? He learn German before? When you plan he can start the class? PM me if you want. I am interest about German, and French class, dont know where to go..

11#
發表於 08-5-13 00:09 |只看該作者

回覆 #1 matthewdad 的文章

so are we talking about go to HK institute of language together? or forming a german class ? what about, age group, level, schedule... My question is if this is a reliable school or not? they have good teacher and system or not? I went to U-Kids in Happy Valley before, they have no system, no good teachers, just waste my time and money, is this HK institute is also like this? any body have any comment? or should we go to 東山? or private class from languagemama?

12#
發表於 08-5-13 22:40 |只看該作者
Hi N Lai &  Mattewdad,

Let me share with you here instead of pm.

My son is 8 years old and he just joined German Swiss International School Year 3 after Easter. So, he's been learning German for about 1 month. Basically a 'virgin' German student. We live in HK Island.

I would prefer to have small group private tutoring regardless it's with HK Institute of Language or other sources. Honestly, I have no clue now about this. HK Institute of Language seems no good. I have not heard about  東山before. And tutor from languagemama ? Not sure about the quality.

What do you think ? Maybe we can try 東山or languagemama first ?

By the way, I will be meeting my son's German teacher tmr, I would ask her if she has any good idea / suggestion for this.

Cheers,
Ruby
原文章由 NLai 於 08-5-13 00:09 發表
so are we talking about go to HK institute of language together? or forming a german class ? what about, age group, level, schedule... My question is if this is a relia ...

13#
發表於 08-5-14 10:22 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
簽名被屏蔽

14#
發表於 08-5-14 10:58 |只看該作者
Hi reneeleung,

But I heard that ESF is using HK Institue of Language ? This is the reason why I consider it. Anyway, I'm now really lost. Seems no good choice for my son's German tutoring?

: (
Ruby

15#
發表於 08-5-14 18:54 |只看該作者
If you're talking about Beaumont in Admiralty, don't even bother!  We did a trial lesson there and was so disappointed!  There was no system; lessons were not age-appropriate; one of the older kids stepped on my little one's tummy and the teacher didn't want to tell him off because the kid's parent was there.  Just an overall terrible experience.

Has anyone heard of Berlitz in Wanchai.  Their programs are known world-wide, and I've contacted them regarding their kids course, but have yet to visit their center to meet the teachers and see if their classrooms suit younger kids (4 white walls with just some chairs and a table would be a no-no!).

16#
發表於 08-5-14 23:28 |只看該作者
So, seems that HK Institite of Language, Beaumnt is not reliable.
Languagemama is not reliable as well,they just handle the case in internet, never interview the teacher, quality is not sure.
For the Berlitz in Wanchai, can somebody call them for more infomation?
For the case of Ruby, I suggest you can contact the school, german teacher, she may give you some suggetion. or update us what your son teacher says..

17#
發表於 08-5-15 12:29 |只看該作者

回覆 #15 SFmom 的文章

My kid learning in Berlitz.  So far so good for her.  But their classrooms are 4 white walls.

18#
發表於 08-5-15 13:38 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
簽名被屏蔽

19#
發表於 08-5-15 14:41 |只看該作者
Hi NLai,

I had talked to my son's German teacher yesterday.
In fact, she does not see the need to give my son extra German lessons. She suggested to dubb me some CDs so that I can let my son keep exposed to German in the summer.
I asked if the school would have summer German courses, but she said no.
I will call Berlitz to find out more.

Cheers,
Ruby
原文章由 NLai 於 08-5-14 23:28 發表
So, seems that HK Institite of Language, Beaumnt is not reliable.
Languagemama is not reliable as well,they just handle the case in internet, never interview the teacher, quality is not sure.
For the  ...

20#
發表於 08-5-16 21:52 |只看該作者
Hi, My daughter now study in HK communication Art ctr. one to one. The teacher are native german and quiet good.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題