搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Any KCIS parents here?
查看: 13736|回覆: 86
go

Any KCIS parents here? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-9-14 07:44 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Hello there,

My daughter is doing P. 2D at KCIS. As she is a new student this year, I'd like to say 'Hi' and contact other parents within the same school as well.

Cos' my daughter doesn't seem to know what was happening at school most of the time and therefore I desperately need help from other parents!

Thank you!
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 07-9-14 20:17 |只看該作者
Hi gbcc_mang, my son is in the same class too. I shall be more than welcome to assist you if you  need help, especially newcomers.

3#
發表於 07-9-14 21:05 |只看該作者
Hi lureen,

I'm so happy to hear from you!

Please pm me your contact number and your son's name so that I could ask for help if you don't mind.

Thank you once again for your offer and really glad to meet any KCIS parents here.

[ 本文章最後由 gbcc_mang 於 07-9-14 21:08 編輯 ]

4#
發表於 07-9-26 18:38 |只看該作者
hi, does KCIS has a PTA?

5#
發表於 07-9-27 19:07 |只看該作者
no it doesn't have.

原文章由 way2go 於 07-9-26 18:38 硐表
hi, does KCIS has a PTA?

6#
發表於 07-9-29 00:42 |只看該作者
The local section has a PTA and supposes to include the IS parents.  But I wish the IS section could have one PTA on its own.

[

7#
發表於 07-10-2 10:16 |只看該作者
想請問小朋友讀kcis的媽, kcis有冇普通話及中文學的? 一星期大約有幾堂?

thanks!!

原文章由 lureen 於 07-9-14 20:17 硐表
Hi gbcc_mang, my son is in the same class too. I shall be more than welcome to assist you if you  need help, especially newcomers.

8#
發表於 07-10-2 11:03 |只看該作者
debbieip, there are mandarin classes everyday and will be taught to speak, read and write. Depending on what level your child will be studying at, it can be about 30 mins a day in kindie or 40 mins a day in primary.

9#
發表於 07-10-2 11:26 |只看該作者
啊~ 知道了~ 每日都有普通話真是太好了~ 我bb還小, 不過我想先做點資料收集, 好將來報考適合的學校~

thank you very much!

原文章由 lureen 於 07-10-2 11:03 硐表
debbieip, there are mandarin classes everyday and will be taught to speak, read and write. Depending on what level your child will be studying at, it can be about 30 mins a day in kindie or 40 mins a  ...

10#
發表於 07-10-3 21:37 |只看該作者
Hi KCIS parents,

I am also thinking to have my son study in KCIS for K1 next year. Do you mind sharing why did you choose this school and how do you and your children find this school? Since their international section is relatively new, i would really appreciate your comments. Did your children take Kindy there too or just primary?

Many thanks

11#
發表於 07-10-4 12:11 |只看該作者

need some comments on KCIS

Hi, KCIS parents,

I would like to let my daughter study here in Grade 3,  I
would like her to achieve native language standard both in English and Chinese ( Mandarin). I think KCIS will be suitable for her.  So please kindly advise some information .

If the teacher is caring and kind ?
Will all the pupils in school speak English even  the play '
time or recess ?
Is there  any homework in English and Chinese per day?
How is the English  acadamic standard both in wrrting and speaking of the students  ? What books they will use for teaching in English lesson.

Thanks for your sharing  first because I really want her to apply KCIS soon.

regards
JK2000

原文章由 lureen 於 07-10-2 11:03 硐表
debbieip, there are mandarin classes everyday and will be taught to speak, read and write. Depending on what level your child will be studying at, it can be about 30 mins a day in kindie or 40 mins a  ...

12#
發表於 07-10-5 23:04 |只看該作者
Hi Vitang,
My girl is studying in K1 now. The school is so far so good. I've read the class homepage and have see the 'classwork'. I'm really appreciate with the teaching method. I and my husband also notice that my girl have significant improvement for her oral English skill. We are very happy with our decision

原文章由 Vitang 於 07-10-3 21:37 硐表
Hi KCIS parents,

I am also thinking to have my son study in KCIS for K1 next year. Do you mind sharing why did you choose this school and how do you and your children find this school? Since their in ...
桐桐於9月20日出世 歡迎參觀桐桐的網頁

13#
發表於 07-10-7 01:31 |只看該作者
My god-son and god-daughter are studying at KCIS P1 now. This is their second year with the school. I think it's so far so good, but sometimes I just don't think they know what's going on! :idea:
請多多支持三個希的網誌
http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/the_hayz

14#
發表於 07-10-7 15:05 |只看該作者
Thanks for your sharing hoeve.

Did you enrol K1 in last min (i.e. a couple of months before) or a year ahead coz right now they accept applications already. But since their forms said they need 2 months of deposit upon their acceptance, even though I am leaning towards them it's kinda hard to make a decision at this early stage you know. Or do you know if they will ask for the deposit right away?

Thanks again.

原文章由 hoeve 於 07-10-5 23:04 硐表
Hi Vitang,
My girl is studying in K1 now. The school is so far so good. I've read the class homepage and have see the 'classwork'. I'm really appreciate with the teaching method. I and my husband also ...

15#
發表於 07-10-8 15:25 |只看該作者
Hi, saw this and can't wait to share our experiences too....

Our kid is also a K1 student in KCIS this year. We're so happy to move him from another international school to this school. The teachers there are very nice and caring, and we are always well informed of what our son does in school (by emails weekly, notices & blue book daily, classwork & class notes monthly and talking with the teachers too).  The school takes the UK curriculum, and so it's the same as our son's previous school. The main difference is KCIS provides Putonghua studies on a daily basis. This is also the reason why we move him to KCIS. We don't want him to learn/speak English only. Our son did not learn/cannot speak Putonghua before, but after a month there, he speaks a lot and sings some Putonghua songs at home. He really speaks a lot, you know. Considered the short span of time in KCIS, we felt so amazing. The School also provides notes to parents of what the students are taught. We can monitor his classwork and progress closly.  Before we move him to KCIS, we concern on the Englisih standard of KCIS - it may not be as good as other interational schools, as it looks not that internaional (our son's previous school has more western kids than KCIS). However, the KCIS teachers are either natives or Asian face but speaking native English. The most important is they are very nice and caring to children. Our son is very happy there and always asks for school. He enjoys going to school very much and eventually we felt he even learns more than his previous school. We think this is what we called "happy learning". He knows what he learns in school and will tell us happily. We must say we really make an excellent decision!

P.S.  The only loophole is no PTA. Maybe we can reflect our request to the school?

16#
發表於 07-10-8 16:46 |只看該作者
Vitang,
I enroll my girl to KCIS in around October last year since I’ve planned to let her study in KCIS when she was 1 year old (that’s why I let her go to the local section N1 last year). About the deposit, don’t worry, as I remember, I need to pay around April last year.

Hi Nason,
Which class is your child studying now? My girl is in KG1 in the morning section. Her teacher is Ms Lee. I’m very happy with the school too. My girl knows the day of the week and time now. It’s really amazing!
桐桐於9月20日出世 歡迎參觀桐桐的網頁

17#
發表於 07-10-9 19:48 |只看該作者
Can anyone tell me the Full name of KCIS?  Where is it?   Can I apply now coz' my son should be in K1 in Sep 2008.
Many thanks!

18#
發表於 07-10-10 12:08 |只看該作者
Vitang:
My son is in KG2. His teachers are Ms. Chow, Janny and Ade. He likes them so much and always says "I like the teachers, I like school". He even asks for school on Sunday. Funny.

19#
發表於 07-10-10 16:48 |只看該作者
Thank you everyone, i have sent out the application form today!!

I really appreciate your sharing

原文章由 Nanson 於 07-10-10 12:08 硐表
Vitang:
My son is in KG2. His teachers are Ms. Chow, Janny and Ade. He likes them so much and always says "I like the teachers, I like school". He even asks for school on Sunday. Funny.

20#
發表於 07-10-10 18:17 |只看該作者
Hi, all KCIS  parents

Any KCIS Primary section parent is  here , I would like to have  some comments of their teaching in Primary section. I would like to let my daugther to apply this school so I want to have your sharing.
Thanks

regards
Tong Tong 11.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題