教育王國

標題: IMS [打印本頁]

作者: salsalee    時間: 13-7-1 17:49     標題: IMS

Does anyone has the experience with IMS? Any comment pls. Thx!

作者: Ritz    時間: 13-7-2 13:53

salsalee, I have attended their seminar last month and decided to apply for my child.  I think it has nice campus and I like the concept of Montessori.  What about you? Planning to apply for your child as well?
作者: salsalee    時間: 13-7-3 10:59     標題: 引用:salsalee,+I+have+attended+their+seminar+

原帖由 Ritz 於 13-07-02 發表
salsalee, I have attended their seminar last month and decided to apply for my child.  I think it ha ...
Yes i hv also attended their seminar too n hv alrdy been applied!
Do u think if it is "really" ok to switch back to local school after the Casa program?

作者: Ritz    時間: 13-7-3 13:29

回復 salsalee 的帖子

really hard to say as you know how Montessori works...less focus on academics tho....
If I am admitted into IMS,  guess I will just stay there until primary.  Do you plan to switch back to local after kinder? How old is your child? Also applying for 2014-2015's K1?  My child will be in PN coming Sept.

作者: salsalee    時間: 13-7-5 14:26     標題: 引用:回復+salsalee+的帖子 really+hard+to+say

原帖由 Ritz 於 13-07-03 發表
回復 salsalee 的帖子

really hard to say as you know how Montessori works...less focus on academics  ...
Where does ur child go to PN in this Sept?
Im applying for this coming Sept n we just had an interview yesterday.

作者: yuenluc    時間: 13-7-5 15:26

I have just sent the application too. I was considering to apply the PN class for my son before but I went to the information session in Jan and they said that it's already full and we for sure will not get a space for this Sept.
作者: salsalee    時間: 13-7-5 15:31     標題: 引用:I+have+just+sent+the+application+too.+I+

原帖由 yuenluc 於 13-07-05 發表
I have just sent the application too. I was considering to apply the PN class for my son before but  ...
Sorry for misleading, i applied for Casa not the toddler pg

作者: yuenluc    時間: 13-7-5 15:32

I just sent the form for the Casa too :) where did your kid go for the PN
作者: salsalee    時間: 13-7-5 15:39     標題: 引用:I+just+sent+the+form+for+the+Casa+too+:)

I just sent the form for the Casa too :) where did your kid go for the PN
PN went to a local school, school is good but still not really keen on the traditional teaching method, thus give IMS a try, i quite like it

What abt u? Whatz ur plan to go PN?

作者: yuenluc    時間: 13-7-5 15:54

my son actually went to the playgroup on Discovery Montessori since Jan. But he has just finished the classes and now waiting to go to PN class. He's going to Learning habitat for the PN class. but we really love the Montessori system and we can't dely that my son learned a lot from the pg in the past 1/2 yr. He had so much fun too..
we hesitated a bit in the beginning to apply for IMS as we are not sure if we wanted to really raise him in a montessori school (as there is just 1 montessori primary school in HK) and of its expensive tuition.
作者: salsalee    時間: 13-7-5 16:08     標題: 引用:my+son+actually+went+to+the+playgroup+on

my son actually went to the playgroup on Discovery Montessori since Jan. But he has just finished th ...
I hv the same thoughts as u do, hesitated to raise the kid in a fully Montessori school, but after a deep thought may want to give it a try, we ultimately might not hv the offer but at least we try! Money is also a concern too! Hope to find a suitable school for the kid rather than a school that i like...

作者: yuenluc    時間: 13-7-5 16:23

you are so right! we are longing to find a school that the kid like rather than what we like.

so how was the interview?
作者: salsalee    時間: 13-7-5 21:02     標題: 回覆:IMS

Interview went well. Group interview with a few teachers in the classroom n each teacher will come play each child n there was another teacher to stay aside to observe the whole process. Parent may go into the classroom but sit aside to wait for their child

作者: salsalee    時間: 13-7-5 21:03     標題: 回覆:IMS

Whole interview took ard 45-60mins

作者: yuenluc    時間: 13-7-5 22:54

this kind of interview is extremely good! This should be the way to observe kids rather than asking them questions like colors, A-Z, 1-20.. etc..
Good luck ! :)
作者: salsalee    時間: 13-7-6 21:02     標題: 回覆:IMS

Do u think mix age group teaching is a problem? Any pros n cons? Thx!

作者: salsalee    時間: 13-7-16 15:05     標題: 引用:you+are+so+right!+we+are+longing+to+find

you are so right! we are longing to find a school that the kid like rather than what we like.

so h ...
We got the offer from IMS n after the long discussion with hubby, we decided to give it a try n will put my child in hope we did a right thing!!!

作者: yuenluc    時間: 13-7-16 15:48

wow..congrats!! Hope your kids will enjoy it.. ! :)
hope that my son can get into ims next year too
作者: salsalee    時間: 13-7-16 20:05     標題: 引用:wow..congrats!!+Hope+your+kids+will+enjo

原帖由 yuenluc 於 13-07-16 發表
wow..congrats!! Hope your kids will enjoy it.. ! :)
hope that my son can get into ims next year too
Good Luck!!!

作者: DooMuiKam    時間: 13-7-19 13:59

My daughter will be starting her 3rd year in IMS the coming September. She started from Foundation and now going into Casa 2nd year.
We love the school and we think my daughter blossoms there. My daughter can speak Mandarin and read and write some simple Chinese characters now eg. 大中小人口木etc. She can write her name in Chinese as well.
We love the way they teach English as my daughter is very interesting to "read" word using phonics, she love reading and also she is very polite and willing to help in house works.
We also love the idea of mix age group class. Kids are not products in the factory where every is divide in batch numbers, My daughter has classmates who is older and also younger then her which she has role model to follow and at the same time willing to take care younger ones.
I went to the class observation secession last year and it amaze me how discipline the kids were and amaze how concentrate they can be when they are doing their own "work". But of course, not everyone like Montessori so it is only our opinion.
作者: salsalee    時間: 13-7-20 10:18     標題: 引用:My+daughter+will+be+starting+her+3rd+yea

原帖由 DooMuiKam 於 13-07-19 發表
My daughter will be starting her 3rd year in IMS the coming September. She started from Foundation a ...
Thx for your kind comments, looking fwd to the school year starts

作者: Garfield_cats    時間: 13-8-11 23:36     標題: 回覆:IMS

Is it true that I can't get an application form until I visited their school first?  I want to queue up early and so I emailed them, but they just asked me to wait for the school open day (and they can't confirm when that will be held...,).  

作者: MrsWongJr    時間: 13-10-7 11:35

does anyone know when is their next open house? The website is outdated which said the next open house was 12 Oct 2012...
作者: Babybaby2011    時間: 13-10-7 23:44     標題: 引用:does+anyone+know+when+is+their+next+open

原帖由 MrsWongJr 於 13-10-07 發表
does anyone know when is their next open house? The website is outdated which said the next open hou ...
They have an information session and school visit on coming Thur morning.

作者: MrsWongJr    時間: 13-10-8 15:06     標題: 引用:Quote:原帖由+MrsWongJr+於+13-10-07+發表d

原帖由 Babybaby2011 於 13-10-07 發表
They have an information session and school visit on coming Thur morning.
Thanks! Which campus is it? Is it for primary school or kindergarten? Cos in their email reply yesterday they did not mention the open house. Just asked for my personal information and said will contact me.

作者: Babybaby2011    時間: 13-10-10 10:28     標題: 引用:Quote:原帖由+Babybaby2011+於+13-10-07+發

原帖由 MrsWongJr 於 13-10-08 發表
Thanks! Which campus is it? Is it for primary school or kindergarten? Cos in their email reply yeste ...
I just attended their school info session for kindergarten with over 400 parents ~ concept is good ~ but the school environment is a bit old ~ the hall was built in 1957.

作者: MrsWongJr    時間: 13-10-10 10:35     標題: 回覆:Babybaby2011 的帖子

Is it the Tin Hau campus?do they give out application form after the session?

作者: Babybaby2011    時間: 13-10-10 12:47     標題: 引用:Is+it+the+Tin+Hau+campus?do+they+give+ou

原帖由 MrsWongJr 於 13-10-10 發表
Is it the Tin Hau campus?do they give out application form after the session?
Yes ~

作者: latter_lover    時間: 13-10-10 22:07     標題: 回覆:IMS

Anyone knows how many spaces available for foundation class in 2014/15?

作者: agathasweetie    時間: 13-10-10 22:58     標題: 引用:Anyone+knows+how+many+spaces+available+f

原帖由 latter_lover 於 13-10-10 發表
Anyone knows how many spaces available for foundation class in 2014/15?

作者: Babybaby2011    時間: 13-10-11 00:12     標題: 引用:Quote:原帖由+latter_lover+於+13-10-10+發

原帖由 agathasweetie 於 13-10-10 發表
15 kids only?  Are you kidding?

作者: latter_lover    時間: 13-10-11 10:12     標題: 引用:Quote:原帖由+agathasweetie+於+13-10-10+

原帖由 Babybaby2011 於 13-10-11 發表
15 kids only?  Are you kidding?
I think 16 kids in a class and they have 3 time slots in 2 campuses, but I don't know how many classes in each time slots....

作者: aspirant99    時間: 13-10-29 17:34     標題: 回覆:DooMuiKam 的帖子

Doomuikam, I heard Montessori Schools are lack of habitats training for the young kid. I doubt the graduates will be less disciplined.  Pls help to share your experience. Thx!

作者: Markean    時間: 13-10-30 00:13     標題: 回覆:salsalee 的帖子

Hello, I know there r two debentures, one for 70k and another one for 200k, do you know the major difference? The higher the value of the debenture, the higher the chance of getting an offer? Do u think there is an investment value, meaning it is transferable in the future with higher value?

作者: ktschan    時間: 13-10-31 10:13

Do you know which secondary school they go to mostly after primary school?
作者: fifipanda    時間: 13-11-1 14:13

Markean 發表於 13-10-30 00:13
Hello, I know there r two debentures, one for 70k and another one for 200k, do you know the major di ...
200K is priority debenture, no guarantee, just higher chance of getting into the Casa programme. 70K is paid once confirmed to accept the offer.
I want to know about the investment value as well..... Is it transferrable? I know it's transferrable between siblings, but not sure other scenarios.

作者: MrsWongJr    時間: 13-11-23 09:39     標題: 回覆:IMS

I have applied for the foundation programme and was just informed that we are put on the waiting list. Does that mean a rejection? Not even a chance for interview? Anyone knows if they will conduct interview for foundation programme?

作者: DooMuiKam    時間: 13-12-18 10:58

回覆 aspirant99 的帖子

So sorry for my late reply, I am not a very active member in the Baby Kingdom, so sorry.I am sorry but I don't really understand what you mean by habitats training. But if you talk about discipline. I really suggest you should read more article or information about Montessori before you choose IMS for your children. Discipline is a very important in a Montessori school, they even have their way to push their chairs, they way to speak and to treat others in a respectful way.
Visiting the school and understanding the system is very important as Montessori is so different from other   traditional education system. Please don't consider IMS because it it has a good Chinese programme or it is relatively easier to enter amount other International schools etc etc. Please make sure you like Montessori and your family is willing to follow the system before you make your decision.

作者: aspirant99    時間: 13-12-18 13:27     標題: 回覆:DooMuiKam 的帖子

Thanks so much!

作者: victoryu19    時間: 13-12-18 13:32

I like IMS too but we are still in the middle of a very long waiting list.
作者: aspirant99    時間: 13-12-18 15:31     標題: 回覆:victoryu19 的帖子

Me 2. I called the school and they told me waiting list = rejection.

作者: salsalee    時間: 13-12-18 18:18     標題: 回覆:IMS

The longer my child stay with IMS, the more I like...

作者: Garfield_cats    時間: 14-1-19 23:55     標題: 回覆:IMS

I've applied IMS Foundations class last year end, they said I am at waiting list in the receipt letter.  Would I still have an opportunity for assessment or does waiting list means rejection?  Thanks.

作者: aspirant99    時間: 14-1-20 00:18     標題: 回覆:IMS

Frankly speaking, I am feeling bad about this school now. I visited the school last year and submitted application afterwards with $2000 application fee. They send me a waiting list offer a few weeks later. I followed up with them and they told me basically 'waiting list'= rejection. It is funny they kept sending me invitations to their school tours. What do they mean? They forgot gave me a waiting list offer? Want to get another 2000 from me again? Would they show some minimum respect to the parents who liked their school before?

作者: lui    時間: 14-1-20 07:13     標題: 引用:Does+anyone+has+the+experience+with+IMS?

原帖由 salsalee 於 13-07-01 發表
Does anyone has the experience with IMS? Any comment pls. Thx!
My friend's girl has offer around nov last year. She is from Pips.

作者: tam888    時間: 14-1-20 16:39     標題: 引用:Frankly+speaking,+I+am+feeling+bad+about

原帖由 aspirant99 於 14-01-20 發表
Frankly speaking, I am feeling bad about this school now. I visited the school last year and submitt ...
Totally agree! 間學校食報名費也足夠了

歡迎光臨 教育王國 (/) Powered by Discuz! X1.5