教育王國

標題: anyone study in Discovery Montessori School? [打印本頁]

作者: minimirror    時間: 15-4-6 19:36     標題: anyone study in Discovery Montessori School?

my plan is to let my son study playgroup and pn in DMS then Try ESF kindergarten. if he can't get in ESF, he will probably study kindergarten in DMS.

but now I m kinda worry which primary school would fit him after DMS kindergarten.. any suggestion?

作者: sonjakc    時間: 15-11-27 23:27

回覆 minimirror 的帖子

I guess ims should fit, or dma- the primary school of dms. So has your baby started pg at dms yet?? How is it going?
作者: minimirror    時間: 15-11-28 09:00     標題: 回覆:sonjakc 的帖子

thanks for your reply

my son loves school ! he picks up thing so quickly, he is now 19 months and he is pretty independent,like he wash his own hands, at home he often clean up after playing toys or reading book, when he play duplo at home he will take out his mat.

作者: sonjakc    時間: 15-11-28 22:36

回覆 minimirror 的帖子

Lovely!  I believe that Montessori is really good for kids at this age!
作者: jolalee    時間: 15-11-28 22:49

My son was in DMS-DB until he got into our school of choice. DMA is a good backup option if you live in DB, or IMS if you live on HK island. However, do take note that the Montessori method is very good until mid/upper primary. That's the time when a more structured program would be more beneficial for the students.

DMS built a good foundation so as long as you are raising your child well at home too, it should not be difficult to get into a good international school. Do not limit your options to ESF though, as ESF more or less runs on a lottery basis.
作者: minimirror    時間: 15-11-29 14:59     標題: 回覆:jolalee 的帖子

thank you for your reply.

I m thinking about ESF, CAIS and RC. The demand of international school is so high !

作者: jolalee    時間: 15-11-29 22:41

回覆 minimirror 的帖子

Those are good options. You can put your child in DMS first and have DMA as a backup option while trying for your schools of choice.

作者: minimirror    時間: 15-11-30 08:38     標題: 回覆:jolalee 的帖子

I will pray until he get into one of those IS LOL...

作者: jolalee    時間: 15-12-3 14:46     標題:

本帖最後由 jolalee 於 15-12-3 14:47 編輯

Pray and prepare, both
作者: sweetorange0000    時間: 15-12-3 14:56

When is their next Open Day?
作者: minimirror    時間: 15-12-5 23:29

I am not sure when will be their next open day. Sometimes I see parents come and check out the school, so I think you may call DMS and arrange a school visit.
作者: kwokchris    時間: 15-12-18 11:38     標題: 回覆:minimirror 的帖子

16/1/2016 11am-1pm, better call DMS for reservation.

作者: sonjakc    時間: 15-12-25 17:24

anybody has experience with its pn class? Wanna put him there for pn but not sure if it will affect his social skills (as montessori emphazes independence and working on his own)?  many thx!
作者: minimirror    時間: 15-12-31 19:19     標題: 回覆:sonjakc 的帖子

students are quite sociable, and they learn from each other (mixed age class), i see kids helping each other out at school but of coz  child own personality is also a factor of child social development.

作者: sonjakc    時間: 16-1-2 12:28

thanks Minimirror!
Do you or anybody knows how good is it in terms of language learning?  I know their lessons are in both English and Mandarin.  But have heard comments from elsewhere saying students studying in Montessori environment lags behind in picking up languages... Much appreciated if any further insights/personal experiences can be shared!!!  
作者: Heyheyjoyjoy    時間: 16-1-4 09:58     標題: 回覆:anyone study in Discovery Montessori School?

Wonder if there is school bus service for Hong Kong station.  Current parents, any idea?

作者: minimirror    時間: 16-1-6 00:27     標題: 回覆:sonjakc 的帖子

my kid now in toddler class, I didnt do much teaching at home since he has 3 day of school. Teacher taught him numbers and to count objects ( 1 to 10 ), and He picked it up in a week. i think montessori works well for my kid but surely may not for other kids

talking about speech delay, some kids tend to start speaking late. Montessori help kids to love learning so wont be so pushy, and kids learn at different paces, kids will start talking when they r ready.

and i try to keep the montessori environment at home, using mat , using trays for toys..

i dunno montessori is good or not.. i think you can let your kid try first?! i rmb at the beginning, my kid refused to tidy up.. not listening instructions.....but..after two mths, things got better

作者: minimirror    時間: 16-1-6 00:29     標題: 回覆:Heyheyjoyjoy 的帖子

they have school bus service for students living on HK island

作者: sonjakc    時間: 16-1-29 22:47

Any more sharings of this school? Cant find much on BK
作者: minimirror    時間: 16-2-4 11:17     標題: 回覆:sonjakc 的帖子

not much DMS parents on EK

u may call DMS and they can arrange a school visit

作者: Carlyle0202    時間: 16-2-4 13:02

wanna knw more as well
作者: CaviarYu    時間: 16-11-8 12:47

My sons have been going to DMS since the wobbler class and now in PN.  They enjoy going to school.  The school keeps us updated about the learning plan with the monthly calendar and photos taken during class posted around the classroom.  The children there are quite happy and social.  They also start teaching simple Mandarin from toddler class.  In PN class, my sons can count 1 to 10 in Mandarin.  Language wise, my boys can speak both English and Chinese (we speak Chinese at home).  They don't have issues with using the two languages and can translate.  Practical life skills is an emphasis of Montessori at young age so my sons already learnt to clean up after themselves in toddler class.  In PN, they can now button jackets (shirts are too difficult).  They both love to read. I am happy with the school.  
作者: Monalisaj    時間: 16-12-9 08:44

我apply 左中環既PN class, 有冇家長可分享埋中環校。主要係老師方面有冇愛心!thx

作者: sonjakc    時間: 16-12-9 09:39

回覆 Monalisaj 的帖子

my son was studying in the central branch for playgroup twice a week but not pn for half a year.  All the staff and teachers seem to be very friendly and good although personally I know the pn teacher who taught my son much better, she's good. Also heard from other parents with kids there that they are very happy with the school. DMS is an authentic Montessori school.  Teach English well with native teachers and also have native mandarin teacher.  a note is that they teach chinese in traditional character - that's what I prefer.  But we didn't move on to let my son study in their pn just because we want him to study somewhere nearer to home. Hope this helps.

作者: Monalisaj    時間: 16-12-9 09:43

sonjakc 發表於 16-12-9 09:39
回覆 Monalisaj 的帖子

my son was studying in the central branch for playgroup twice a week but not  ...

Thank you for your comment! 但我聽過亦見過有一位高高大大,似菲藉的教師,好像很惡對學生,嚴厲的,你知道是那位嗎?

作者: sonjakc    時間: 16-12-9 10:00

not quite sure which one you're talking about.  actually for the pg lesson the teacher is English / westerner, she is quite strict too.  But I prefer that  as my son loses control easily so he needs some discipline training, haha!  btw, playgroup stage is in English only.  But I've seen them doing some demonstrations for the pn and k and am impressed with the ways they teach - very Montessori.  Now I wish to make my son back in for K
作者: Monalisaj    時間: 16-12-9 11:43

本帖最後由 Monalisaj 於 16-12-9 16:25 編輯
sonjakc 發表於 16-12-9 10:00
not quite sure which one you're talking about.  actually for the pg lesson the teacher is English /  ...
如果我小朋友鐘意我都會繼續升k,但我擔心唔岩佢性格,可能我prefer 普通既國際學校

作者: GabGabGab    時間: 16-12-11 10:29

My son has been learning in Montessori school for years. He loves his schools and we are glad to see him developes very well. Unfortunately, HK parents don't hv as many choice as those in Canada, Australia, US etc. Being an uncommon choice, I would suggest parents to study wht Montessori edcation exactly is about, the pros n cons n how likely it will fit in to your family and your expectations. Montessori respects the uniqueness of each kid, listening to others comment or experience might not give you a full picture. Good luck!

歡迎光臨 教育王國 (/) Powered by Discuz! X1.5