教育王國

標題: 有SC and Vic offer 請進 [打印本頁]

作者: Honbbbtt    時間: 14-3-29 15:45     標題: 有SC and Vic offer 請進

好Lucky got both offers, 但真係揀唔落手, 將來希望小朋友讀傳統名校, 大家有咩recommendations ?可唔可以share吓你地點choose?

作者: yuyubb47    時間: 14-3-29 16:00     標題: 回覆:有SC and Vic offer 請進

要上傳統小學揀SC.

Vic行IB小朋友轉傳統小學會辛苦。

作者: Ern    時間: 14-3-29 16:00     標題: 回覆:有SC and Vic offer 請進

Hello,見到呢個post 實在太好了。大家交流下!!  我都覺得好幸運!

作者: Honbbbtt    時間: 14-3-29 16:32     標題: 回覆:有SC and Vic offer 請進

Yuyubb47 totally agree w you! But I felt that teachers from Vic are really caring, and since they take less students, the kids will get more focused.
.....但係想揀傳統名校, that's why very very struggled!

作者: Honbbbtt    時間: 14-3-29 16:39     標題: 回覆:有SC and Vic offer 請進

心底其實like Vic 多d, 但係知道要入傳統名校唔應該揀Vic

作者: Ern    時間: 14-3-29 16:41     標題: 引用:心底其實like+Vic+多d,+但係知道要入傳統名

原帖由 Honbbbtt 於 14-03-29 發表
心底其實like Vic 多d, 但係知道要入傳統名校唔應該揀Vic
我都係咁,不過相信要向現實低頭。心底好喜歡Vic, 好有heart、好friendly

作者: Honbbbtt    時間: 14-3-29 16:43     標題: 引用:Quote:原帖由+Honbbbtt+於+14-03-29+發表心

原帖由 Ern 於 14-03-29 發表
我都係咁,不過相信要向現實低頭。心底好喜歡Vic, 好有heart、好friendly
U are right, 我遇到每一個teacher 我都覺得好好
Vic 仲要難入好多, 所以要give up offer, 我有d唔開心

作者: Gumitin    時間: 14-3-29 16:53

same here. prefer st cat but at the same time really like vic's teachers. also Vic has the siblings priority while st cat not... we've got two weeks to think about it...
作者: buibui123    時間: 14-3-29 16:54     標題: 回覆:有SC and Vic offer 請進

We are very lucky to have both offers, but since i live in hk side, probably will take vic cwb offer

作者: sfly97    時間: 14-3-29 17:10     標題: 回覆:有SC and Vic offer 請進

You all can take a look on primary school allocation on Vic website to take a look before making a decision.  Many traditional schools give offers to Vic students too!

Beware that Vic website shows the final offer that students take but st cath told parents all offers their students got.

About sibling, Vic nearly take all with siblings.  For st cath, I know one even didn't get 2nd in who has a sister still studying inside!

All in all, both are good schools. Good luck to you all!

作者: Honbbbtt    時間: 14-3-29 17:11     標題: 回覆:有SC and Vic offer 請進

My friends told me the chance is lower to admit to a local famous school if I choose Vic, coz they are very "IB". Kids might feel tough at P1

作者: sfly97    時間: 14-3-29 17:12     標題: 回覆:buibui123 的帖子

Cwb has very good primary school allocation.  I hope you will like it!

作者: Honbbbtt    時間: 14-3-29 17:14     標題: 回覆:有SC and Vic offer 請進

Seems only 2 got DGS offer from each of the kln campus, but I heard 30% of the girls from SC got into DGS. Not sure if it's true though

作者: sfly97    時間: 14-3-29 17:15     標題: 回覆:Honbbbtt 的帖子

Is your friend's kids studying in Vic?

Start from k2, they have a primary school Chinese teacher to teach them Chinese and nearly every day they have Chinese writing.  In k3, they need to write Chinese diary every week too!

作者: sfly97    時間: 14-3-29 17:17     標題: 回覆:Honbbbtt 的帖子

How many students do st cath has? 800? 30% is 240 which is more than dgjs can take. Of course that's fake.  

作者: Honbbbtt    時間: 14-3-29 17:19     標題: 回覆:有SC and Vic offer 請進

you are so smart!

作者: 3貓媽媽    時間: 14-3-29 17:41     標題: 回覆:有SC and Vic offer 請進

要典吓先

作者: picture    時間: 14-3-29 17:47     標題: 引用:Seems+only+2+got+DGS+offer+from+each+of+

Seems only 2 got DGS offer from each of the kln campus, but I heard 30% of the girls from SC got int ...
30% of DGS girls are from SC. 140 DGS seats *30% = 40 girls

Not the other way around.  30% of SC girls works out to approximately 120, that is not correct.

作者: picture    時間: 14-3-29 17:49     標題: 引用:My+friends+told+me+the+chance+is+lower+t

My friends told me the chance is lower to admit to a local famous school if I choose Vic, coz they a ...
The fact is, after you have experienced IB teaching, you will be very tempted to change yoir mind and pick IB for your.child.

At least it is true for me.

作者: adalyho    時間: 14-3-29 17:58     標題: 回覆:picture 的帖子

Can you share your feelings about IB program? My daughter got offer from Victoria, but my first choice is st.cat but we failed...
I actually have a bad experience during the interview in st.cat, not saying I want to jump to the conclusion that their teachers are a bit cruel, I am sure their curriculum is very good and that's why many parents want their children to get in. But Victoria really gave me a good feeling, the teachers and even the principal when we had our second interview, I m sure that my daughter would love going to Victoria! My only concern is that which type of primary school will take students from Victoria as I want to try local schools.  At the same time, I would like to know more about the IB system and maybe I will change my mind as to which path I should follow, appreciate if other mothers can share some thoughts with me! Many thanks!!

作者: sfly97    時間: 14-3-29 18:31     標題: 回覆:adalyho 的帖子

This is how IB is taught in Vic.  Each year they only have few units and each last for about 2 month.  For example, if they are teaching landmarks, all English, Chinese and math will be focusing on that area.  All activities will be around that theme too.  They encourage students to find out the answers by themselves instead of feeding the kids with everything.  They will learn how to google to do research too.

For teaching English, I think st cath is more on the traditional teaching approach while Vic teaches English as if they are native speakers.  Traditional approach means they learn the vocab => phase => form a sentence.  In Vic they teach them by speaking, reading and listening.  Students will soon able to write simple sentence with incorrect spelling using phonics.  When they can manage their phonics. They can spell pretty well.

This is from what I saw from st cath homework and my personal experience in Vic.

作者: sfly97    時間: 14-3-29 18:35     標題: 回覆:有SC and Vic offer 請進

For those who want to have an offer from dgjs, no matter you study in Vic or st cath or other schools, you can't rely solely on the schools.  For those I know got an offer from dgjs, parents spent a lot of time and effort teaching the kids...

作者: sfly97    時間: 14-3-29 18:44     標題: 回覆:picture 的帖子

In a way that's true. However, I didn't pick any IB school for my kid finally.

It's too early to tell which way is suitable for my kid.  They are still very young!

作者: Honbbbtt    時間: 14-3-29 19:13     標題: 回覆:picture 的帖子

Thx for correcting me!! This sounds more reasonable n make sense !

作者: Ern    時間: 14-3-29 19:15     標題: 回覆:有SC and Vic offer 請進

我好欣賞IB,但無奈冇膽量,我覺得St Cat 進可攻退可守,P1 再轉國際學校相信都可以。我都實在好like Vic

作者: Honbbbtt    時間: 14-3-29 19:16     標題: 回覆:有SC and Vic offer 請進

In fact, 30% of the dgjs girls came from SC, this is a very high ratio. I'm also an Alum from DG, so seems SC is a more attractive choice.
I also agree w another mama , the principle of Vic gave me a very warm feeling of their school.
This is painful decision

作者: fanhl0416    時間: 14-3-29 20:28     標題: 引用:好Lucky+got+both+offers,+但真係揀唔落手,

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
作者: bubuG    時間: 14-3-29 20:53     標題: 引用:Quote:原帖由+Honbbbtt+於+14-03-29+發表好

原帖由 fanhl0416 於 14-03-29 發表
有,i choose st catherine
SC

作者: 甘恩    時間: 14-3-29 22:06

個人唔認同要入傳統小學便要揀SC,而放棄Vic。小兒在Vic讀K3,經過老師三年多的教導,小兒進步極大,已有好幾間直資私小收。
作者: lee_sanhk    時間: 14-3-29 22:08     標題: 引用:We+are+very+lucky+to+have+both+offers,+b

原帖由 buibui123 於 14-03-29 發表
We are very lucky to have both offers, but since i live in hk side, probably will take vic cwb offer ...
我地都係港島區,亦有維記offer...,但應會想choose St Cat 交通就要再想吧!

作者: buibui123    時間: 14-3-29 22:17     標題: 回覆:lee_sanhk 的帖子

Where in hk island do u live? Actually i have no preference on intl or local stream yet... U?

作者: hilouisll    時間: 14-3-29 22:28     標題: 回覆:有SC and Vic offer 請進

Will choose SC instead of Vic. I can't decide whether IB or traditional path at this moment since my kid is too young. Just think SC graduates can manage both streams.

作者: Applemaamaa    時間: 14-3-29 23:23     標題: 回覆:有SC and Vic offer 請進

論名氣,如果你手上不是 CWB Victoria, 就未必夠 SC 比下去。 如果你手上是 CWB, 你可再比較 AM 同 PM, 同埋 target 入咩小學,如小朋友是女仔,可能SC比較適合 (DGS, Maryknoll). 而 CWB Victoria 適合國際學校多些.  論Commercial, 兩間都係商業性質重!

作者: rugbyfan    時間: 14-3-29 23:37

本帖最後由 rugbyfan 於 14-11-24 23:56 編輯

如果手上有Victoria offer 已不錯了
作者: Honbbbtt    時間: 14-3-29 23:40     標題: 引用:論名氣,如果你手上不是+CWB+Victoria,+就

原帖由 Applemaamaa 於 14-03-29 發表
論名氣,如果你手上不是 CWB Victoria, 就未必夠 SC 比下去。 如果你手上是 CWB, 你可再比較 AM 同 PM, 同 ...
Very clear elaboration

作者: Honbbbtt    時間: 14-3-29 23:42     標題: 回覆:有SC and Vic offer 請進

What I have is....SC PM + HMT Vic. AM

Target DGJS.
What's your suggestion?

作者: Applemaamaa    時間: 14-3-29 23:43     標題: 引用:What+I+have+is....SC+PM+++HMT+Vic.+AM T

What I have is....SC PM + HMT Vic. AM

Target DGJS.
St Cat, 除非你的 Vic offer 是 CWB or HH

作者: Applemaamaa    時間: 14-3-29 23:44     標題: 引用:如果手上有Victoria+CWB+offer,+為甚麼仲要

原帖由 rugbyfan 於 14-03-29 發表
如果手上有Victoria CWB offer, 為甚麼仲要睇AM or PM class?
我指:如果你們要比較 SC 同 Vic CWB offer 的話

作者: Honbbbtt    時間: 14-3-29 23:59     標題: 回覆:有SC and Vic offer 請進

Thank you very much for all your suggestions!

作者: ckcw888    時間: 14-3-30 00:03

回覆 sfly97 的帖子

Where can I find St. Cat primary one allocation? Unlike Victoria, it's not on their website.
作者: sfly97    時間: 14-3-30 00:04     標題: 回覆:有SC and Vic offer 請進

Actually all my kids classmates I know (about 10 of them) got few offers this year from dss/private schools including my kid.  Didn't know anyone do not have at least one offer actually.  I don't see any reason or evidence why local or traditional schools do not like Vic students.

In fact, when I brought my kid for 2nd in, I saw many students carrying Vic handbook!

作者: Honbbbtt    時間: 14-3-30 00:05     標題: 引用:Actually+all+my+kids+classmates+I+know+(

原帖由 sfly97 於 14-03-30 發表
Actually all my kids classmates I know (about 10 of them) got few offers this year from dss/private  ...
Which school's 2nd in?

作者: sfly97    時間: 14-3-30 00:06     標題: 回覆:ckcw888 的帖子

You can't find st cath primary school allocation.. It's only shared by st cath parents and you never know how much of them is true...

作者: Honbbbtt    時間: 14-3-30 00:08     標題: 引用:Actually+all+my+kids+classmates+I+know+(

原帖由 sfly97 於 14-03-30 發表
Actually all my kids classmates I know (about 10 of them) got few offers this year from dss/private  ...
Your kid must be a smart one

作者: sfly97    時間: 14-3-30 00:13     標題: 回覆:Honbbbtt 的帖子

You can take a look on Vic website. Schools like SPCC, 高主教 ,港同,st Stephens, Kau Yan, CKY etc gave A LOT of offers to Vic students.

作者: sfly97    時間: 14-3-30 00:13     標題: 回覆:Honbbbtt 的帖子

You can take a look on Vic website. Schools like SPCC, 高主教 ,港同,st Stephens, Kau Yan, CKY etc gave A LOT of offers to Vic students.

作者: sfly97    時間: 14-3-30 00:14     標題: 回覆:Honbbbtt 的帖子

作者: Joy33    時間: 14-3-30 00:32     標題: 回覆:Honbbbtt 的帖子

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
作者: lee_sanhk    時間: 14-3-30 00:33     標題: 引用:Where+in+hk+island+do+u+live?+Actually+i

原帖由 buibui123 於 14-03-29 發表
Where in hk island do u live? Actually i have no preference on intl or local stream yet... U?
住中西區。我已選定了行local stream.

作者: Honbbbtt    時間: 14-3-30 00:40     標題: 引用:其實考神校除學術要好之外,都要睇小朋友性

原帖由 Joy33 於 14-03-30 發表
其實考神校除學術要好之外,都要睇小朋友性格! My girl is Vic K3 but not from CWB Vic, luckily got offe ...
Congrats to u!!!

作者: Applemaamaa    時間: 14-3-30 00:50     標題: 回覆:有SC and Vic offer 請進

其實兩間都係名氣大的學校,真係睇你 buy 邊一種教育方式。

個人意見:其實維記得CWB 同 HH 最出名,其它質素一般!所以如果手上並非 CWB 同 HH, 我一定建議朋友選 St Cat.

但如果手上是 CWB 或 HH offer, 咁你就要同 St Cat 作一分析,包括你住邊,target 咩小學,你覺得邊類教育方式協助到小朋友上你 target 的傳統或國際學校 (當然你可以自己再出去谷),如 Vic 同 St Cat offer 的時間上有不同,咁就要睇小朋友適合AM定PM.  

希望幫到你。至於校舍,其實 Vic CWB 不見得好過 St Cat Kln Tong, CWB campus 內裡好似 80 年代屋邨 feel.

作者: picture    時間: 14-3-30 00:55     標題: 引用:You+can+take+a+look+on+Vic+website.+Scho

原帖由 sfly97 於 14-03-30 發表
You can take a look on Vic website. Schools like SPCC, 高主教 ,港同,st Stephens, Kau Yan, CKY etc  ...
SC does have its goodwill established for sending kids to elite local schools.  Parents who wish to send their children to local elite schools, but are not convinced that Victoria can deliver adequate preparation or have hestitation to Victoria's approach  should not pick Victoria.

If they are not convinced by now, after having been to the school , and gone through the interview, and looked at the primary allocation tables for each campus over the past 3 years, they never will.

Should their children fail to get into DGS or DBS after spending 4 years in Victoria, they would most likely blame it on the school.

This is not fair to Victoria either.  

On the other hand, I have not heard of any SC parents blame SC for not preparing their kids well enough when they got zero offer from DSS or private schools and had to go for lucky draw.  They blamed it on bad luck!

The public just has so much trust in SC, and probably for a good reason.

As for myself, I only wish for her to get the best education be it at CIS or GSiS or DGS or DBS or SPCC.  

Parents just go by your gut feeling of which school your child will fit, and learn happily and effectively.

作者: picture    時間: 14-3-30 01:03     標題: 引用:其實兩間都係名氣大的學校,真係睇你+buy+

原帖由 Applemaamaa 於 14-03-30 發表
其實兩間都係名氣大的學校,真係睇你 buy 邊一種教育方式。

個人意見:其實維記得CWB 同 HH 最出名,其它 ...
咁你自己又點?
決定讀邊間同埋搬去那裡未?
仍然好似樓主咁target DGS 和Maryknoll?

好多人中意CWB Victoria 㗎, 唔要就快D放位

作者: my3eyealien    時間: 14-3-30 01:07

回覆 Applemaamaa 的帖子

Congrats that your baby received both offers!

I am wondering, how does the different campuses differ in quality for Victoria? as you mentioned, only Victoria CWB or HH are worth comparing...how about HMT or HG? would be wonderful if you can elaborate, so I can make better choice for my son.

My son received offer from HMT.  

作者: Applemaamaa    時間: 14-3-30 08:32     標題: 引用:Quote:原帖由+Applemaamaa+於+14-03-30+發

原帖由 picture 於 14-03-30 發表
咁你自己又點?
決定讀邊間同埋搬去那裡未?
仍然好似樓主咁target DGS 和Maryknoll?
我住九龍,所以會首選 SC

作者: yuyubb47    時間: 14-3-30 09:00     標題: 回覆:有SC and Vic offer 請進

我大囡(現在4歲)之前都係Vic HH PN 學生,學校生活的確十分開心,但K1我都好努力同佢轉其他幼稚園,我大囡大有半班小朋友K1都轉了其他幼稚園,因為大家都明白到小朋友繼續留在Vic之後上local school P1會辛苦。我唔係話vic小朋友考唔到好小學,只不過也要想下到小一,小朋友要適應local primary school 時,大家都面對另一個問題。

所以我揀SC!

作者: Applemaamaa    時間: 14-3-30 09:09     標題: 引用:回覆+Applemaamaa+的帖子 Congrats+that+y

原帖由 my3eyealien 於 14-03-30 發表
回覆 Applemaamaa 的帖子

Congrats that your baby received both offers!
學校同家長溝通方面,你一定要請教就讀在 HMT的家長。至於小一 allocation, HMT 都不錯,但如果同 CWB 比較,有小小距離。為何我會說每間 Vic 的 quality 都不同?聽有啲讀緊康怡 PN 的家長“媽媽”聲(完全同家長零溝通,教的東西又淺,感覺就好似我個囡由一歲 Vic PG升上2歲PG班咁,走晒樣),有些家長決定在K1即走。不過 CWB 應該會好好多.

好多人都知,Victoria 龍頭只得 CWB, 多人申請亦都係因為小一 allocation 的 reference 不錯 (不過其實入到邊間小學,同幼稚園關係有幾大呢?請先去理解小一派位及私立學校怎樣收生吧!不要有錯覺入到某某名幼就入到某某名小,當中要有好多東西配合!),而且香港區沒有什麼出名PN選擇(不夠九龍多)。  

我會揀SC多啲 (原因包括:我想囡囡有傳統教學,易接上傳統小學。再加上我 target DGS 及 Maryknoll, 所以SC應該好啲,而且我住九龍).  最後要睇下 SC 是 AM 定 PM offer (未知),我個女適合 PM offer.

作者: rugbyfan    時間: 14-3-30 09:48

本帖最後由 rugbyfan 於 14-11-24 23:54 編輯

I do not know much about St Catherine. But I have lots of friends sending kids to Victoria. The kids get into good schools like DGS, CIS, St Paul, St Stephens...and the language environment is very good, the kids can speak English and Mandarin very well.
作者: Applemaamaa    時間: 14-3-30 09:53     標題: 引用:I+do+not+know+much+about+St+Catherine.+B

原帖由 rugbyfan 於 14-03-30 發表
I do not know much about St Catherine. But I have lots of friends sending kids to Victoria (campuses ...
其實選學校要睇你希望那一種教育方式去方便小朋友入小一.  我相信能否入到名小,都係要靠自己.

作者: yuyubb47    時間: 14-3-30 10:07     標題: 回覆:有SC and Vic offer 請進

我大囡在Vic HH個班現在K2,我個班d家長個個都好friendly,大家一直有聯絡,d同學仔都走得7788,除了有好多在k1轉其他幼稚園外(eg. 聖公會,其他龍校),也有一部分去咗國際學校(eg CIS,SIS,HKIS).

在Vic讀PN的確可以上到一些好local K1. 和K2上好的international schools.

我眼見就算連d名星小朋友大部分在K2都會轉CCKG.

所以只是一心傳統小一,有得揀如果又住KLN, SC會係1st choice.

作者: da_da_the_lady    時間: 14-3-30 10:52     標題: 回覆:有SC and Vic offer 請進

今年收多左PN班學生,請問是否全都可直升st catherine K1?!  

作者: langmama    時間: 14-3-30 11:10     標題: 引用:我大囡(現在4歲)之前都係Vic+HH+PN+學生

原帖由 yuyubb47 於 14-03-30 發表
我大囡(現在4歲)之前都係Vic HH PN 學生,學校生活的確十分開心,但K1我都好努力同佢轉其他幼稚園,我大 ...
請問如果k1咁樣轉走左 將來有弟妹想再apply vic PN 會否有影響呢?

作者: langmama    時間: 14-3-30 11:13     標題: 引用:Quote:原帖由+my3eyealien+於+14-03-30+發

學校同家長溝通方面,你一定要請教就讀在 HMT的家長。至於小一 allocation, HMT 都不錯,但如果同 CWB 比較 ...
請問係指中康定下康? 因我上網好似唔見bad comments嘅? (因我有offer想了解多啲 thx)

作者: yuyubb47    時間: 14-3-30 11:43     標題: 回覆:langmama 的帖子

我之前問過Vic HH老師,HH 和CWB一定唔會收我細囡,所以我試細囡報Kornhill ,收咗。

作者: sfly97    時間: 14-3-30 12:15     標題: 回覆:Applemaamaa 的帖子

請你無個人 reference 就不要説除了HH和CWB其他都一般,影響其他家長!我孩子正正就不是HH和CWB的!

讀過St cath 的都知道,好多小朋友也有在外補習,最少我自己朋友的小朋友都有,否則就是家長自己谷。而且英文程度和想象差一大段距離。其中一位K1暑假時連類似egg 這些字也未能認出... 可能這是個別例子,但我覚得太多人神化了st cath,不過無疑它也是一所好好的學校!

作者: sfly97    時間: 14-3-30 12:28     標題: 回覆:Applemaamaa 的帖子

Target Maryknoll 同入邊間無關係,係抽入去的,入 DGJS ,無論係 Vic 定 sc, 你要 train 你小朋友做全班最叻一二個,祝你成功!

作者: lui    時間: 14-3-30 12:44     標題: 引用:Quote:原帖由+my3eyealien+於+14-03-30+發

學校同家長溝通方面,你一定要請教就讀在 HMT的家長。至於小一 allocation, HMT 都不錯,但如果同 CWB 比較 ...
My friend's girl studying in CWB , got no offers from other school. She then stick to VSA.

作者: mamaishere    時間: 14-3-30 14:23     標題: 引用:請你無個人+reference+就不要説除了HH和CWB

原帖由 sfly97 於 14-03-30 發表

讀過S ...
係囉,其實無根無據純粹個人喜好,為咩要咁講其他campus呢?升小分佈其實都好睇地區同埋家長類型,唔係單靠個列表就說明一切。希望有其他campus offers嘅家長和小朋友可以得到相同嘅尊重,不會受影響!

作者: ozoz    時間: 14-3-30 14:54     標題: 引用:請你無個人+reference+就不要説除了HH和CWB

原帖由 sfly97 於 14-03-30 發表

讀過S ...
讀SC的確不會識飛,佢個教學方法係有效嘅,教phonics,教部首,教小朋友探索技巧,令佢地對學習有興趣,用方法去尋求更多知識。至於英文,真的不要神化,我女班同學有小部分地道港式英文,都幾嚇人𠺢。

作者: sfly97    時間: 14-3-30 14:54     標題: 回覆:lui 的帖子

How many schools did they apply? I know some parents only tried SPCC and dgjs/DBS because VSA is also a very good school!

作者: sfly97    時間: 14-3-30 14:56     標題: 回覆:ozoz 的帖子

其實讀邊間都係,家庭教育都好重要!

作者: sallysallysa    時間: 14-3-30 15:07     標題: 回覆:sfly97 的帖子

Agree!

作者: 甘恩    時間: 14-3-30 15:35

本帖最後由 甘恩 於 14-3-30 15:36 編輯
sfly97 發表於 14-3-30 14:56
其實讀邊間都係,家庭教育都好重要!

家庭教育真的才是最重要。幼稚園這個時期,小朋友一半的知識均來自家庭教育。個人反而重視幼稚園可唔可以培養小朋友探索興趣及語境培養,另老師是否有愛心,才是可考慮的主要元素。
作者: decelerate    時間: 14-3-30 15:48     標題: 回覆:有SC and Vic offer 請進

講愛心,我認個幾位SC老師(上個佢地老師教果啲playgroup),好冇愛心下,成日rush個小朋友,做唔到佢要求就俾說話佢聽。用家可唔可以分享下? 我認幾個啫,不能以偏概全。另外,佢地的確多點教小朋友的理論同技巧(訓練跌時的反應,訓練背肌)

作者: picture    時間: 14-3-30 16:11     標題: 引用:講愛心,我認個幾位SC老師(上個佢地老師教

原帖由 decelerate 於 14-03-30 發表
講愛心,我認個幾位SC老師(上個佢地老師教果啲playgroup),好冇愛心下,成日rush個小朋友,做唔到佢要求就 ...
訓練跌時的反應?!?!

呢樣是本能,為何要train ? Interesting

作者: Honbbbtt    時間: 14-3-30 17:59     標題: 回覆:有SC and Vic offer 請進

如果只係講teachers' 愛心and patience, 從我去interview嘅時候observe, vic嘅teachers 真係 thumbs up!!! Of coz I can't say they are good or bad based on the interview, but at least that's my直覺

作者: Scarlett_Auden    時間: 14-3-30 23:40     標題: 回覆:有SC and Vic offer 請進

I think I'm the very few that would opt for Vic. Besides their inquiry-based learning, Vic's well-established network with different education-related sectors also impress me a lot. Some of you agreed that parents' guidance and influence are also very important to our children's growth. Vic has been conducting a lot of parent seminars for different themes like effective vocabulary learning skills which would surely benefit us in the way we teach our kids at home. I wonder if we can also attend talks given by Professors like the world renowned Prof. Catherine Snow in any other kindis. Having said that, both SC n Vic share a lot of good things too. I taught in a prestigious girl school and got to know some graduates of both kindergartens. They are all representable and fluent n confident English speakers. But I still prefer Vic as I'd like my little one to learn English in a contextualised way instead of following the traditional method. So I guess if u r still struggling w ur choice, do think about practical issues like the am/pm offer, traffic, travelling time, and siblings issues. After all, I think both schools would equip your little one with competent learning skills that would fit them into whatever primary schools u like.

作者: Applemaamaa    時間: 14-3-30 23:43     標題: 引用:請你無個人+reference+就不要説除了HH和CWB

原帖由 sfly97 於 14-03-30 發表

讀過S ...
我沒有說其他 campus 差!提目是問 Vic Vs SC offer, 我只是俾個人意見,覺得 Vic CWB 及 HH 是最 Top (睇今年各 campus 申請人數已知,想知幾多可以從PG老師八到), 而覺得不能用晒所有 Vic Campus 同 SC 比較,尤其是我的朋友的囝囝正讀康怡 campus 嘅 PN, 所以知道咩事 (不是太差,但如果有得揀,吾會揀。朋友話讀劍鳴仲好).   正如,如果K1家長出題問“靈糧 Vs SC". 我同樣只會話 CWB 靈糧可同 SC 作比較,其它 campus 不可!

這是個人意見 only.

有家長話SC PG 老師冇愛心,其實 Vic 也未見得好,我在 Sat PG 常常見到老師罵小朋友哭,小朋友跌倒又吾理。囡囡升咗上兩歲班之後仲死,70% 時間是自由活動, 同一個故事可 repeat 3次。甚至找一些英文 grammar 都錯晒嘅老師做代課。如果吾係要報 PN, 一早退學。

作者: Applemaamaa    時間: 14-3-31 00:13     標題: 引用:Quote:原帖由+sfly97+於+14-03-30+發表請你

我沒有說其他 campus 差!提目是問 Vic Vs SC offer, 我只是俾個人意見,覺得 Vic CWB 及 HH 是最 Top (睇 ...
補充一句:有冇愛心其實好睇老師。 返了 Vic PG 咁耐,遇過好有愛心的老師,亦有遇過極無愛心的老師 (寸小朋友哭、跌倒不理)。有一次老師講故仔,老師一打開本故事書,有一位小朋友叫咗個主角名出嚟。跟住家長說“佢屋企有,所以....”. 老師便用有小小不高興的語氣說“咁你出嚟講啦”。全場“O咀”.  所以真的是睇老師

作者: Honbbbtt    時間: 14-3-31 00:17     標題: 回覆:有SC and Vic offer 請進

Thx all mama for Sharing your thoughts about these schools! There were indeed lots of issues where I had overlooked! Hope everyone here can make a right decision for your child.

I strongly agree that if you are not convinced by this school now, you'll never be for the coming four years!!

作者: Mamaskhy0011    時間: 14-3-31 04:52     標題: 回覆:有SC and Vic offer 請進

讀邊間都好,家教和品德都係最重要。我無報St Cat,因住得唔近,雖然另外有4個offer,但最後上康Vic收咗我個小朋友,我地最開心,因為返pg一段時間,小朋友和我地都好鍾意… 坦白講見到有人特別提某啲分校優越啲,我都覺得若只單憑「朋友把口」和個人主觀感受,而無客觀証明的話,真係唔應該咁講,但其實係lee度大家都係貢獻消息和分享個人意見啫,有啲言論就當作參考吧… 總之就要對自己的小朋友有信心,幫佢係個愉快環境裡學習和成長先係最重要!

作者: rai_fc    時間: 14-3-31 08:21

I think traveling time is one of the key to pick the school as the kid is so small.  
My elder boy is in St Cat K3, and ALL the kids in his class got offer for P1 already.  Honestly, for all the kids that I know (K1-K3), no matter which schools they are in now (Vic/Keemind/Kentville), all of them attend a lot of extra interest class.  
Both are good schools, good luck!
作者: Buggyjai    時間: 14-3-31 08:57     標題: 引用:讀邊間都好,家教和品德都係最重要。我無報

原帖由 Mamaskhy0011 於 14-03-31 發表
讀邊間都好,家教和品德都係最重要。我無報St Cat,因住得唔近,雖然另外有4個offer,但最後上康Vic收咗我 ...
I totally agree with u!! 其實當我報維記時係一位senior vic teacher recommend我擇中康因為老師最有heart.我個女有去上康playgroup我都感受到。我係想佢偷快學習,自發的,勇於發問接受challenge 而不是入邊間elite school.如果佢真係叻佢去到邊都可以成功。

作者: Applemaamaa    時間: 14-3-31 09:21     標題: 引用:Quote:原帖由+Applemaamaa+於+14-03-30+發

原帖由 langmama 於 14-03-30 發表
請問係指中康定下康? 因我上網好似唔見bad comments嘅? (因我有offer想了解多啲 thx)

下康,問題主要是與家長極少溝通(相比其他幼稚園),另外課程太淺,小朋友一定讀得開心,但有可能在將來轉校或入P1會遇到困難,但可自行谷。所以我的朋友也會在今年K1轉校。當然,  如果手持下康 Vic及SC,本人建議SC。(個人意見,及直接轉達現時家長意見,不喜勿插!).

作者: Applemaamaa    時間: 14-3-31 09:25     標題: 引用:Quote:原帖由+Mamaskhy0011+於+14-03-31+發

原帖由 Buggyjai 於 14-03-31 發表
I totally agree with u!! 其實當我報維記時係一位senior vic teacher recommend我擇中康因為老師最有heart ...
上康 PG Miss Chan 最有愛心,但走了

作者: Buggyjai    時間: 14-3-31 09:31     標題: 引用:Quote:原帖由+Buggyjai+於+14-03-31+發表I+

原帖由 Applemaamaa 於 14-03-31 發表
上康 PG Miss Chan 最有愛心,但走了
我覺得miss Jacqueline and Miss Mok are excellent especially Miss Jacqueline..her teaching skill is exceptional

作者: kayan37    時間: 14-3-31 09:46     標題: 回覆:Mamaskhy0011 的帖子

"有人特別提某啲分校優越啲,我都覺得若只單憑「朋友把口」和個人主觀感受,而無客觀証明的話,真係唔應該咁講" Can't agree more!!! Actually they may not have any experience in all other campus!!!

作者: picture    時間: 14-3-31 09:52     標題: 引用:Quote:原帖由+sfly97+於+14-03-30+發表請你

乜Victoria 有樣兩嵗班咩?我完全未聽過!

·

作者: Applemaamaa    時間: 14-3-31 10:03

picture 發表於 14-3-31 09:52
乜Victoria 有樣兩嵗班咩?我完全未聽過!

·
我在文中提及到的是 Vic PG, 因為有 Ma Ma 在談 SC PG 差 (冇愛心).
而我想反映, Vic PG 也不是太好, 我個囡在 Vic PG 讀緊 2 歲班.

http://www.victoria.edu.hk/eng/Admission/Playgroup/School-Fee.php

作者: Applemaamaa    時間: 14-3-31 10:07

Buggyjai 發表於 14-3-31 09:31
我覺得miss Jacqueline and Miss Mok are excellent especially Miss Jacqueline..her teaching skill is e ...

Miss Jacqueline teaching skill is good, but won't care about kids.  
Have you joint the 2+ PG, it is totally different to the 1-2 PG.  70% time is Hea......

作者: picture    時間: 14-3-31 10:12     標題: 引用:Quote:原帖由+sfly97+於+14-03-30+發表請你

你之前提到你住九龍……點解會到康怡上playgroup?   貪佢遠?

CWB 都有playgroup 你唔報?

乜野叫做升上两嵗班! 未聽過。

你究竟你是上邊個campus 邊個老師,什麽時間的playgroup?

我好懷疑你究竟係咪一個parent..定係類似嗰位Fanfanyeeyee 在這里收料,尤其佢對Victoria和較新式教學零知識。

收到料之後就用來揾$搞interview 班!·

作者: brrbaby2007    時間: 14-3-31 10:22

Honbbbtt 發表於 14-3-29 15:45
好Lucky got both offers, 但真係揀唔落手, 將來希望小朋友讀傳統名校, 大家有咩recommendations ?可唔可以 ...

SC of course
作者: Applemaamaa    時間: 14-3-31 10:33

kayan37 發表於 14-3-31 09:46
"有人特別提某啲分校優越啲,我都覺得若只單憑「朋友把口」和個人主觀感受,而無客觀証明的話,真係唔應該 ...

言論就當作參考吧. 我的朋友也是我的同事及 PG 同學.

重申一句, 如果樓主問, SC 同 Vic, 我真係覺得不可 Apple to Apple Compare . 因為各 campus 嘅 Quality 及 P1 Allocation Reference 都不同, 所以要分開 Campus 分析才公平.

就如:
HKPS Vs SC (PN),
靈糧 Vs SC  (K1).  

我相信靈糧藍田跟 CWB 在校舍及 P1 Allocation Reference 都很不同, 你不可直接比較.

如你們要數據, 可參考啲不可儘信嘅市場參考數據, 他們都會分 campus.

http://www.hkpep.com/2013/index.php

點揀, 自己作多方向分析吧, 包括:

- AM/PM Offer
- Campus Location
- 深淺程度
- Prefer Happy School or not
- P1 Allocation reference (不可只看這一點, 因為小一未必與幼稚園有關)
- IB path?
- Communication between School and Parents

作者: 3貓媽媽    時間: 14-3-31 10:37     標題: 引用:Quote:原帖由+Applemaamaa+於+14-03-31+發

原帖由 Buggyjai 於 14-03-31 發表
我覺得miss Jacqueline and Miss Mok are excellent especially Miss Jacqueline..her teaching skill is e ...
Both Ms Mok & Ms Jacqueline are very good!  My boy loves them and is always happy in class.  Still struggling...

作者: 3貓媽媽    時間: 14-3-31 10:40     標題: 引用:Quote:原帖由+Applemaamaa+於+14-03-30+發

原帖由 picture 於 14-03-31 發表
乜Victoria 有樣兩嵗班咩?我完全未聽過!

·
My boy has been attending Vic PG since 8 months.  They have 8-12 months class, 13-24 months class & 2-3 years old class.  Those reach 24 months will be promoted to 2-3 years class if not yet time to go into PN.

作者: kayan37    時間: 14-3-31 10:40

Applemaamaa 發表於 14-3-31 10:07
Miss Jacqueline teaching skill is good, but won't care about kids.  
Have you joint the 2+ PG, it i ...
I am now attending 2+ pg in weekdays. I don't think 70% of time are Hea! The curriculum is a bit different from 1+ pg as it is more focusing on peer cooperation and independence of the kids. I have been taught by all of the teachers in UK (except Miss Mok), all of them are really nice are caring!!! I wonder why I haven't met any teacher with bad attitude that u have mentioned...
作者: Applemaamaa    時間: 14-3-31 10:45

picture 發表於 14-3-31 10:12
你之前提到你住九龍……點解會到康怡上playgroup?   貪佢遠?

CWB 都有playgroup 你唔報?
用放大鏡睇下條 link.

你估你要入 CWB PG / Kln PG 就入到, 都要有位!!

http://www.victoria.edu.hk/eng/Admission/Playgroup/School-Fee.php

Upper Kornhill Campus
Age1-2: $1,336
                                                  Age2-3: $1,287

你係咪 Vic PG 學生嚟?   不要在這裡末黑人!!!  管理員, 我要投訴!

I am also Vic parent, I have the right to give comments.

Once again, the topic is asking "Vic VS SC", so I need to tell all the parents that this is not Apple to Apple comparison as the quality is really varied in different campus.   But at least most of the people know CWB and HH are the best, and Vic has put a lot of recsources in both campus.

作者: adalyho    時間: 14-3-31 10:51     標題: 回覆:Applemaamaa 的帖子

Then can you tell us why you think HG campus is not as good as CWB or HH campus? Can you give some concrete examples?

作者: Applemaamaa    時間: 14-3-31 10:52

kayan37 發表於 14-3-31 10:40
I am now attending 2+ pg in weekdays. I don't think 70% of time are Hea! The curriculum is a bit dif ...
I am attending weekend class.  May be the different.

The class start 15 minute late every week, and only have a little Story Telling, snack, and 努作 time.  All the other time are FREE time.

你有冇試過 Miss Law? 我個女吾敢 Hug 佢, 因為佢好惡, 好似訓導主任.
Miss Chan is the best, my girl really like the "Mickey Mouse" song.

作者: kayan37    時間: 14-3-31 11:02     標題: 引用:Quote:kayan37+發表於+14-3-31+10:40+I+am+

原帖由 Applemaamaa 於 14-03-31 發表
I am attending weekend class.  May be the different.

The class start 15 minute late every week, and ...
Miss Law is exactly my teacher now, she is really nice!!! She always gives us some comments how to teach our kids! My girl hugs her every lesson and loves her!! How come???

歡迎光臨 教育王國 (/) Powered by Discuz! X1.5