教育王國

標題: Any KCIS parents here? [打印本頁]

作者: gbcc_mang    時間: 07-9-14 07:44     標題: Any KCIS parents here?

Hello there,

My daughter is doing P. 2D at KCIS. As she is a new student this year, I'd like to say 'Hi' and contact other parents within the same school as well.

Cos' my daughter doesn't seem to know what was happening at school most of the time and therefore I desperately need help from other parents!

Thank you!
作者: lureen    時間: 07-9-14 20:17

Hi gbcc_mang, my son is in the same class too. I shall be more than welcome to assist you if you  need help, especially newcomers.
作者: gbcc_mang    時間: 07-9-14 21:05

Hi lureen,

I'm so happy to hear from you!

Please pm me your contact number and your son's name so that I could ask for help if you don't mind.

Thank you once again for your offer and really glad to meet any KCIS parents here.

[ 本文章最後由 gbcc_mang 於 07-9-14 21:08 編輯 ]
作者: way2go    時間: 07-9-26 18:38

hi, does KCIS has a PTA?
作者: lureen    時間: 07-9-27 19:07

no it doesn't have.

原文章由 way2go 於 07-9-26 18:38 硐表
hi, does KCIS has a PTA?

作者: NinaW    時間: 07-9-29 00:42

The local section has a PTA and supposes to include the IS parents.  But I wish the IS section could have one PTA on its own.

[
作者: debbieip    時間: 07-10-2 10:16

想請問小朋友讀kcis的媽, kcis有冇普通話及中文學的? 一星期大約有幾堂?

thanks!!

原文章由 lureen 於 07-9-14 20:17 硐表
Hi gbcc_mang, my son is in the same class too. I shall be more than welcome to assist you if you  need help, especially newcomers.

作者: lureen    時間: 07-10-2 11:03

debbieip, there are mandarin classes everyday and will be taught to speak, read and write. Depending on what level your child will be studying at, it can be about 30 mins a day in kindie or 40 mins a day in primary.
作者: debbieip    時間: 07-10-2 11:26

啊~ 知道了~ 每日都有普通話真是太好了~ 我bb還小, 不過我想先做點資料收集, 好將來報考適合的學校~

thank you very much!

原文章由 lureen 於 07-10-2 11:03 硐表
debbieip, there are mandarin classes everyday and will be taught to speak, read and write. Depending on what level your child will be studying at, it can be about 30 mins a day in kindie or 40 mins a  ...

作者: Vitang    時間: 07-10-3 21:37

Hi KCIS parents,

I am also thinking to have my son study in KCIS for K1 next year. Do you mind sharing why did you choose this school and how do you and your children find this school? Since their international section is relatively new, i would really appreciate your comments. Did your children take Kindy there too or just primary?

Many thanks
作者: JK2000    時間: 07-10-4 12:11     標題: need some comments on KCIS

Hi, KCIS parents,

I would like to let my daughter study here in Grade 3,  I
would like her to achieve native language standard both in English and Chinese ( Mandarin). I think KCIS will be suitable for her.  So please kindly advise some information .

If the teacher is caring and kind ?
Will all the pupils in school speak English even  the play '
time or recess ?
Is there  any homework in English and Chinese per day?
How is the English  acadamic standard both in wrrting and speaking of the students  ? What books they will use for teaching in English lesson.

Thanks for your sharing  first because I really want her to apply KCIS soon.

regards
JK2000

原文章由 lureen 於 07-10-2 11:03 硐表
debbieip, there are mandarin classes everyday and will be taught to speak, read and write. Depending on what level your child will be studying at, it can be about 30 mins a day in kindie or 40 mins a  ...

作者: hoeve    時間: 07-10-5 23:04

Hi Vitang,
My girl is studying in K1 now. The school is so far so good. I've read the class homepage and have see the 'classwork'. I'm really appreciate with the teaching method. I and my husband also notice that my girl have significant improvement for her oral English skill. We are very happy with our decision

原文章由 Vitang 於 07-10-3 21:37 硐表
Hi KCIS parents,

I am also thinking to have my son study in KCIS for K1 next year. Do you mind sharing why did you choose this school and how do you and your children find this school? Since their in ...

作者: madmaclau    時間: 07-10-7 01:31

My god-son and god-daughter are studying at KCIS P1 now. This is their second year with the school. I think it's so far so good, but sometimes I just don't think they know what's going on! :idea:
作者: Vitang    時間: 07-10-7 15:05

Thanks for your sharing hoeve.

Did you enrol K1 in last min (i.e. a couple of months before) or a year ahead coz right now they accept applications already. But since their forms said they need 2 months of deposit upon their acceptance, even though I am leaning towards them it's kinda hard to make a decision at this early stage you know. Or do you know if they will ask for the deposit right away?

Thanks again.

原文章由 hoeve 於 07-10-5 23:04 硐表
Hi Vitang,
My girl is studying in K1 now. The school is so far so good. I've read the class homepage and have see the 'classwork'. I'm really appreciate with the teaching method. I and my husband also ...

作者: Nanson    時間: 07-10-8 15:25

Hi, saw this and can't wait to share our experiences too....

Our kid is also a K1 student in KCIS this year. We're so happy to move him from another international school to this school. The teachers there are very nice and caring, and we are always well informed of what our son does in school (by emails weekly, notices & blue book daily, classwork & class notes monthly and talking with the teachers too).  The school takes the UK curriculum, and so it's the same as our son's previous school. The main difference is KCIS provides Putonghua studies on a daily basis. This is also the reason why we move him to KCIS. We don't want him to learn/speak English only. Our son did not learn/cannot speak Putonghua before, but after a month there, he speaks a lot and sings some Putonghua songs at home. He really speaks a lot, you know. Considered the short span of time in KCIS, we felt so amazing. The School also provides notes to parents of what the students are taught. We can monitor his classwork and progress closly.  Before we move him to KCIS, we concern on the Englisih standard of KCIS - it may not be as good as other interational schools, as it looks not that internaional (our son's previous school has more western kids than KCIS). However, the KCIS teachers are either natives or Asian face but speaking native English. The most important is they are very nice and caring to children. Our son is very happy there and always asks for school. He enjoys going to school very much and eventually we felt he even learns more than his previous school. We think this is what we called "happy learning". He knows what he learns in school and will tell us happily. We must say we really make an excellent decision!

P.S.  The only loophole is no PTA. Maybe we can reflect our request to the school?
作者: hoeve    時間: 07-10-8 16:46

Vitang,
I enroll my girl to KCIS in around October last year since I’ve planned to let her study in KCIS when she was 1 year old (that’s why I let her go to the local section N1 last year). About the deposit, don’t worry, as I remember, I need to pay around April last year.

Hi Nason,
Which class is your child studying now? My girl is in KG1 in the morning section. Her teacher is Ms Lee. I’m very happy with the school too. My girl knows the day of the week and time now. It’s really amazing!
作者: HappyMice    時間: 07-10-9 19:48

Can anyone tell me the Full name of KCIS?  Where is it?   Can I apply now coz' my son should be in K1 in Sep 2008.
Many thanks!
作者: Nanson    時間: 07-10-10 12:08

Vitang:
My son is in KG2. His teachers are Ms. Chow, Janny and Ade. He likes them so much and always says "I like the teachers, I like school". He even asks for school on Sunday. Funny.
作者: Vitang    時間: 07-10-10 16:48

Thank you everyone, i have sent out the application form today!!

I really appreciate your sharing

原文章由 Nanson 於 07-10-10 12:08 硐表
Vitang:
My son is in KG2. His teachers are Ms. Chow, Janny and Ade. He likes them so much and always says "I like the teachers, I like school". He even asks for school on Sunday. Funny.

作者: tongtong11    時間: 07-10-10 18:17

Hi, all KCIS  parents

Any KCIS Primary section parent is  here , I would like to have  some comments of their teaching in Primary section. I would like to let my daugther to apply this school so I want to have your sharing.
Thanks

regards
Tong Tong 11.
作者: ettawong    時間: 07-10-11 10:32

Hi all, I am planning to put my boy in K1 too.  

But, I have one concern.   Transportation.  The school has a parking for school bus in the playground.  Is it quite busy or maybe dangerous for the children ?  If I am bringing the child to school, is the traffic very chaotic around the school  entrance ?  The last time I visit there, the road was narrow.
作者: lureen    時間: 07-10-11 14:08

this has always been an issue and can never be solved.   This narrow steep path is the only way for school bus to get in the carpark or playground and at the same time   many parents drive their private cars for delivery and pickup. It's always jammed, except until the school hours      starts.

Taking school bus in is alright for the kids and is not dangerous as there are adults to guide the path. Driving in with private car is of course safe for kids but is only quite       agonising  for the driver. There is backingup and long      waiting hours  to free your own car from the line.
作者: xxll    時間: 07-10-30 08:54

Dear all, I also want to know the comments about KCIS' primary section and secondary section.
作者: mosesdaddy    時間: 07-11-8 15:17

Dear all,

I have some questions and would be grateful if someone can give me a clue.  According to its website, KCIS offers a 2-year education prior to the primary as follows:

Kindergarten AM
3 years by end December
9.00 a.m. - 11.50 a.m.
Kindergarten PM
3 years by end December
1.30 p.m. -- 4.30 p.m.
Reception AM
4 years by end December
9.00 a.m. -- 11.50 a.m.
Reception PM
4 years by end December
1.30 p.m. - 4.30 p.m.
Primary 1 - Primary 6
5 - 10 years
9.00 a.m. -- 3.30 p.m.

Q1.  Does it mean the P.1 intake is equivalent to K3 in the local system (in terms of age)?  (Y/N)

Q2.  The P.1 seems to be running on a full-day (9 am to 3:30 pm). So if I enrol both the local KCS adn international stream (KCIS), I have to stop the local stream after K2 when I opt for KCIS.  Am I correct?  (Y/N)

Q3.  If after the first year of P.1 education I decide to put my son back to a local school (I say "if"), can we start at P.2 of the local school (when my kid is 6 yrs old)?  (Y/N)

Q4.  Following Q3, if the answer to Q3 is "N", do we have to start at P.1 again?  (Y/N)

Thank you very much!
作者: christf    時間: 07-11-8 15:28

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
作者: mosesdaddy    時間: 07-11-8 15:49     標題: 回覆 #1 christf 的文章

Thanks for the prompt response, christf.
作者: little-duck    時間: 07-11-8 21:48     標題: 回覆 #2 christf 的文章

Hi christf,

Could you please tell if students in KCIS primary are mainly communicating with each others in English, Mandarin or Cantonese?  Also, how's the standard of the school you think (English & Mandarin)?
作者: keddy123    時間: 07-11-9 09:32     標題: KCIS parent

My son started K1 in KCIS and now he is in P1.  So far he is happy with school.  For the three classes of P1, all the class teachers are foreigners speaking native English, I trust that the students can learn English well under such environment, at least their daily communication in the class is in English.

Besides, there is 1-2 Mandarin lesson every day.  This is one of the strengths of KCIS.

But of course, every school has pros and cons.  If I have to provide any negative comment for KCIS, I would say that it is relatively less reputable than ESF or some of the IS, as its academic track record is limited.

[ 本文章最後由 keddy123 於 07-11-9 09:34 編輯 ]
作者: OKmom    時間: 07-11-9 17:45

原文章由 keddy123 於 07-11-9 09:32 硐表
My son started K1 in KCIS and now he is in P1.  So far he is happy with school.  For the three classes of P1, all the class teachers are foreigners speaking native English, I trust that the students c ...

Hi Keddy123,

What is your major language at home? How do u rate your child's English and PTH, equally well in both languages in terms of speaking, reading and writing? Competitive with native speakers? Pls share.
作者: QQLAU    時間: 07-11-9 20:53

想間你哋講緊邊間?kcis中文係...thanks
作者: samelsaho    時間: 07-11-10 00:38

原文章由 QQLAU 於 07-11-9 20:53 硐表
想間你哋講緊邊間?kcis中文係...thanks

蘇淅國際部
作者: hellovicky    時間: 07-11-30 15:39

本身我自己個囡囡讀緊kcsi (receiption). 就在11月尾, 從我朋友口中得知kg2pm發生了一件不愉快事件, 令我朋友要同個仔仔即時退學.....
作者: junmom    時間: 07-12-1 00:24

hellovicky,

那件不愉快的事是什麼呀? 你又會不會替你的女兒退學?
作者: hellovicky    時間: 07-12-1 18:45

由於我知道全件事, 故我會轉校, 因對學校沒有信心及失望...

說來話長, 簡單說是小朋友在校內被人抓傷, 沒有老師處理傷口, 父母到學校理論時, 校方態度十分差, 完成不相信家長及其他証人的說話......
作者: sonofglad    時間: 07-12-9 01:29

事件會否另有內情呢?我從前也是從事教育工作的,學校與家長的衝突及誤會時有發生,有時兩者在處理事情上也會有情緒或不恰當的表現,但是卻不一定影響孩子的發展及學習.對於孩子的轉學問題希望你能多作考慮.

原文章由 hellovicky 於 07-12-1 18:45 發表
由於我知道全件事, 故我會轉校, 因對學校沒有信心及失望...

說來話長, 簡單說是小朋友在校內被人抓傷, 沒有老師處理傷口, 父母到學校理論時, 校方態度十分差, 完成不相信家長及其他証人的說話...... ...

作者: hellovicky    時間: 07-12-11 15:17

如果小朋友在學校得不到應有的照料及老師的愛心, 相信每個家長亦會不放心將小朋友交給學校. 小朋友弄傷後得不到合適的處理, 知否後果會可大可小? 現在的問題已不是追究誰人弄傷小朋友? 只是不明白校方為什麼會這麼不負責任及對家長的態度會這麼差?
作者: Timmami    時間: 08-7-4 19:12

hellovicky,
雖然事情已經過去大半年了,今天偶然得知,作為家長之一,有不同看法,順便回應一下,希望不要介意:
我兒子也在KG2PM就讀,也曾經臉上受傷從學校回家,問他時他說是被同學抓傷的,我當然趁機教育一番(如在學校同學之間要友愛,玩具要共用,輪流玩,打架不好,和同學有爭執可找老師協商解決等,下次不能再這樣了等等)。但坦白說,我認為根本沒有必要找老師理論,這麼小的孩子之間發生糾紛,你說到底是誰對誰錯呢?以我們成年人理性的眼光看,通常兩個都有錯(因肯定其中一方不懂謙讓,另一方忍耐性不夠)。而想讓老師充當法官,給一個不到4歲的小孩定罪,這未免也太為難老師了(讓孩子供出“抓人動機”,最好瞭解一下他的父母平時是怎麼教育孩子的,是否這次事件的“幕後主謀,以便學校“名正言順”地開除他的學籍?或者讓他向另一方賠禮道歉?—如果他也和我兒子一樣被對方抓了,雙方都一起受傷了呢要不要找法醫驗傷,鑒定誰傷人在前,誰傷人在後,然後按程度輕重分別治罪呢?這麼說未免太誇張了,但家長們的介入勢必把事件複雜化),雙方家長和老師在為此事而大動干戈各執一詞時,轉眼兩個孩子又在一起說笑玩樂了,完全忘了之前的不愉快。只要不是什麼傷筋動骨的大事,I don’t care.當然提及老師態度不好,又是另一回事了,我認為負責任的老師是必須現場調解、教育兩個孩子的,並有必要向雙方家長解釋清楚事發緣由,目的是讓家長配合學校教育好自己的孩子,當然如果遇上難以溝通的家長又另當別論了。
過於保護孩子是傳統中國家庭的一大特色,國際班的教育與國際接軌,注重培養孩子的思考和實踐能力、獨立性,這點小事對於其獨立人格的漫長培養又算得了什麼?進了國際班讀書,我一早預料我兒子有被抓或抓人的事情發生,就讓他在小小的挫敗中慢慢學習成長吧。
小兒在KG2PM的學習很愉快,經常回家和我們說喜歡下午的國際班。原來他那個班好像只有八個小孩,到本學期末時已增加了五、六個,據說九月份該年級將增設一個下午班,屆時上午、下午各兩個班,我想這至少說明家長的反應不差吧。

原文章由 hellovicky 於 07-12-11 15:17 發表
如果小朋友在學校得不到應有的照料及老師的愛心, 相信每個家長亦會不放心將小朋友交給學校. 小朋友弄傷後得不到合適的處理, 知否後果會可大可小? 現在的問題已不是追究誰人弄傷小朋友? 只是不明白校方為什麼會這麼不 ...

作者: 鳳梨    時間: 08-7-5 12:14

我囡囡今年9月都會入讀grade 1,
請問小朋友之間多唔多用普通話交談?
作者: aobelin    時間: 08-7-6 21:44     標題: 國際小一的家長你好:

小女將於九月進入蘇浙小一就讀,歡迎其他新生家長一起聊聊天
作者: junmom    時間: 08-7-6 23:38

我女兒星期二面試P.3, KCIS的家長可否分享P.3的功課多嗎? 學校是如何評估學生的能力/程度? 成績表是出分還是出GRADE? 有中,英默書和測驗/考試嗎? 平均幾耐有一次?
作者: evatsoihk    時間: 08-7-7 12:44

孩子們之間存在相處的問題肯定是有的,但正因那多數是一些小打小鬧的事情,所以他們能夠“轉眼兩個孩子又在一起說笑玩樂了,完全忘了之前的不愉快”,這句話講得一點也沒錯。但對於你說“進了國際班讀書,我一早預料我兒子有被抓或抓人的事情發生,就讓他在小小的挫敗中慢慢學習成長吧。”,我可有不同的看法。我不介意孩子們之間有搶玩具、據爲己有、不懂分享的舉動,説到底他們畢竟是孩子嘛,但是我卻沒有像你這樣的心理準備和素質“會預料孩子被人家抓傷或去抓別人”(我沒理解錯誤你的意思吧),對我來講這可不是什麽挫敗,先別説小朋友的心理了,單說身體方面,這很有毀容之誤呐。

我的女兒曾就讀KCIS的下午K1,Ms.Chow做她的班主任,正如上面Nanson說的,她是位非常有愛心的老師,每個小朋友都十分喜歡她,包括我的女兒。基於其它個人原因,我女兒沒有在KCIS繼續升讀K2,但是至今我們都還跟原本KG1PM的同學和家長們保持聯係。當KG1PM升讀上去后,班主任換了,這位老師的名字我不好說,但我慶幸小女在K1的時候能夠被編排在Ms.Chow的班別裏。

至於“據說九月份該年級將增設一個下午班,屆時上午、下午各兩個班,我想這至少說明家長的反應不差吧。”,我只能說一句:有人辭官歸故里,有人漏夜趕科場。

原文章由 Timmami 於 08-7-4 19:12 發表
hellovicky,
雖然事情已經過去大半年了,今天偶然得知,作為家長之一,有不同看法,順便回應一下,希望不要介意:
我兒子也在KG2PM就讀,也曾經臉上受傷從學校回家,問他時他說是被同學抓傷的,我當然趁機教育一番(如在學校同學之間要友 ...

作者: reneeleung    時間: 08-7-8 23:47

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
作者: 琬晴B    時間: 08-7-10 18:48

我女兒現就讀於KG2am(以及主流部下午班),我覺得Ms. ChowMs. Janny都好親切,令我女兒讀得好開心(佢好鍾意聽故事/做手工,我亦很喜歡他們能在Assembly表演)。至於抓傷人的問題,慶幸沒有遇上,搶玩具就一定有,我女兒會學老師說:「No grabbing」。總的來說,這一年我對上下午班都很滿意(當然,亦曾遇過一些行政問題,尤其是同時讀上下午校,午睡午膳有特別安排,有時上午班是假期,但下午班又要上課……難免會有些混亂。這個學年,我女兒遺失了兩件白色外套及一個枕頭套,噢!)

希望在新學年,我女兒會繼續遇到好的班主任(因為Reception Class 的一位現任老師將會離開,我覺得她的樣子很嚴肅)。學校已經通知新班主任的姓名,希望是個Cheerful lady啦!

作者: chatroom台長    時間: 08-7-23 16:56

Hi all KCIS parents :

我朋友女兒想完成小學課程後轉去蘇浙中學的國際部讀, 請問中學部是否行 IB ? 如果不是請問是甚麼制度的課程 ? 因為聽朋友講 IB 課程比起 local 課程更難讀, 你們會否直升上中學部 ? 如果小一至小六都是讀本地官津學校, 中學轉去國際學校會否不適應 ?
pls share ! thanks !!

[ 本文章最後由 chatroom台長 於 08-7-23 17:07 編輯 ]
作者: manpui120    時間: 08-8-13 15:57

請問KCIS會用中文定英文同家長溝通?  如果我英文唔係咁好, 會唔會有問題?
作者: hellovicky    時間: 08-8-25 10:44

學校係用英文同家長溝通, 但學校office有staff識廣東話, 如有不明可問她!
作者: hellovicky    時間: 08-8-25 10:50

請問現在讀緊小學的家長, KCIS放學後會有咩課外活動? 係唔係全部免費學? Thanks!
作者: lui    時間: 08-8-27 11:02     標題: 急!有冇保母車由九龍(奧運站)到KCIS

KCIS parents,

Pls advise! Many thanks!
作者: hellovicky    時間: 08-8-27 15:02

Pls try to contact Mrs. She 9239 3940 or Mr. Wu 9866 9434.
作者: lui    時間: 08-8-28 15:30

They run TKO to NP only. Any other lines avaliable?
作者: hellovicky    時間: 08-8-28 15:36

Sorry la....I don't have other information.....
作者: 22May    時間: 08-9-3 14:40

any more info about 蘇浙中學的國際部?   Seems not much info on web?  Are students graduated from KCIS entered 蘇浙中學的國際部?
Pls help!!  Thx!!
作者: panala    時間: 08-9-3 22:41

Does anybody know the IGCSE result of the school this year?  I cannot find it on their website.

[ 本帖最後由 panala 於 08-10-1 01:55 編輯 ]
作者: 琬晴B    時間: 08-9-5 14:17

原帖由 lui 於 08-8-27 11:02 發表
KCIS parents,

Pls advise! Many thanks!

Regarding nanny bus service from Kowloon Station to KCIS, I don't think they have. But you may consider taking MTR from Kln Station to HK Station & take the KCS school bus @ Central.
作者: junmom    時間: 09-4-2 21:53

我想問吓KCIS 的P.3功課多唔多? 有冇測驗? 謝謝分享.
作者: Pianokc    時間: 09-4-2 22:55

I am going to pay the deposit tomorrow, but still not 100% sure that giving up Good Hope is the right choice for our daughter.

She is accepted for P2. It's great to see so many great comments regarding the school.

My husband and I also concerned, it doesn't have much of a good reputation, most of the people I talked to about KCIS, they don't even know what it is!

I think most important is I researched and talked to the principal what the curriculum is, and what the school is all about.... most important is my daughter will be happy in her school.

I think KCIS will be a happy school for her. Hope I am right in giving up the name branded local schools for KCIS.
作者: DeckerCarmen    時間: 09-4-23 23:59

Dear KCIS parents,
May I know the application procedure for K1?  My baby girl will attend K1 in 2010 Sept.  When should I submit the application?  Do they accept kids based on 1st-come-1st-serve system?
作者: meipo28    時間: 09-4-24 10:51

請問為何有不少家長安排小朋友就讀上下午班?是否因為local stream 的中文水平較高?

原帖由 琬晴B 於 08-7-10 18:48 發表

我女兒現就讀於KG2am(以及主流部下午班),我覺得Ms. Chow同Ms. Janny都好親切,令我女兒讀得好開心(佢好鍾意聽故事/做手工,我亦很喜歡他們能在Assembly表演)。至於抓傷人的問題,慶幸沒有遇上,搶玩具就一定有,我女兒會學老 ...

作者: 琬晴B    時間: 09-4-24 13:36

Better call the school secretaries for details (Tel No: 2570 4594).

They used to accept children on first-come-first-served basis (two years ago) but I'm not sure whether they are still using this practice.

原帖由 DeckerCarmen 於 09-4-23 23:59 發表
Dear KCIS parents,
May I know the application procedure for K1?  My baby girl will attend K1 in 2010 Sept.  When should I submit the application?  Do they accept kids based on 1st-come-1st-serve syste ...

作者: 琬晴B    時間: 09-4-24 13:43

我一直希望囡囡讀全日班,但不少國際學校幼稚園只設上下午班,所以不在我考慮之列.

蘇浙的國際部及主流部幼稚園設於同一校舍,我讓囡囡上午讀KCIS,下午讀KCS,校方會安排睡覺(K1 only)及吃午飯(小朋友不需要換校服),跟一般全日制學校分別不大.

另外,可能因為KCS半日學費扣除學券後只需1000元左右,如果想學好普通話,這是不錯的選擇.(有不少外籍人士讀KCS.)

原帖由 meipo28 於 09-4-24 10:51 發表
請問為何有不少家長安排小朋友就讀上下午班?是否因為local stream 的中文水平較高?

作者: DeckerCarmen    時間: 09-4-25 23:44

What about the English class in KCS kindergarten?  beside Putonghua, so they have sufficient time for English speaking activities?
作者: Oscarmom    時間: 09-4-27 12:55

I just received the phone call from KCIS and they asked me to take my son for a year 1 interview tomorrow morning, can anyone tell me what is the interview about...
作者: GIPW    時間: 09-4-27 22:08

原帖由 琬晴B 於 09-4-24 13:43 發表
我一直希望囡囡讀全日班,但不少國際學校幼稚園只設上下午班,所以不在我考慮之列.

蘇浙的國際部及主流部幼稚園設於同一校舍,我讓囡囡上午讀KCIS,下午讀KCS,校方會安排睡覺(K1 only)及吃午飯(小朋友不需要換校服),跟 ...

For the coming year, my son will go for KCS in am and KCIS in pm the other way round.  Any reason why you arrange KCIS morning and KCS afternoon ?
作者: Lorry    時間: 09-4-28 11:34

been to KCIS this morning for submitting our Acceptance Form and the Deposit for my son's Reception Class in SEP 2009.  The girl there advises that there are parents put their kids for morning class in the local section and afternoon class in the international section.  Does it make any good to the kids?  please share?

原帖由 GIPW 於 09-4-27 22:08 發表

For the coming year, my son will go for KCS in am and KCIS in pm the other way round.  Any reason why you arrange KCIS morning and KCS afternoon ?

作者: 琬晴B    時間: 09-4-28 11:53

Both arrangements look almost the same. I did the other way round simply because my daughter wasn't in KCS N1 so I knew she might not be offered KCS a.m. place while the chance of getting an a.m. place in KCIS was higher.

:D :D :D

作者: hoeve    時間: 09-4-29 19:21

Many kids go to both KCS + KCIS. The school offer students who go to both class to have a nap after lunch during K1.
原帖由 Lorry 於 09-4-28 11:34 發表
been to KCIS this morning for submitting our Acceptance Form and the Deposit for my son's Reception Class in SEP 2009.  The girl there advises that there are parents put their kids for morning class i ...

[ 本帖最後由 hoeve 於 09-4-29 21:01 編輯 ]
作者: Lorry    時間: 09-4-30 14:19

ic. thanks. is your kid also studying at KCIS or KCS?

原帖由 hoeve 於 09-4-29 19:21 發表
Many kids go to both KCS + KCIS. The school offer students who go to both class to have a nap after lunch during K1.

作者: hoeve    時間: 09-4-30 22:28

She go to both KCS and KCIS last year.

原帖由 Lorry 於 09-4-30 14:19 發表
ic. thanks. is your kid also studying at KCIS or KCS?

作者: rollingcat    時間: 09-5-4 23:07

My daughter will attend KCS am K1 and KCIS pm KG for the coming year as well..... our kids may meet each other at lunch and nap time even they are not in the same classes....... I applied the lunch and nap services once I got the offer from KCS, somehow I haven't receive any response of it????
作者: bwm    時間: 09-5-12 14:54

hi rollingcat!

My daughter will also attend k1am in KCS and KCIS pm in this coming Sept. I also applied the lunch & nap in school. And same to me that I haven't received the school's reply so far. I've called the school and they told me that they may not offer this service for students in Sept of this coming year !! They told me they'll confirm this in June's time... This really gave me a great shock as it'll be very difficult for me to take back home my daughter after the morning class and send her again to school in the afternoon. So, if they really refuse to offer the lunch & nap service, I may consider to quit either am or pm class.

Do other mamas know about this or any more update information which can be shared?

Many thanks!!
原帖由 rollingcat 於 09-5-4 23:07 發表

My daughter will attend KCS am K1 and KCIS pm KG for the coming year as well..... our kids may meet each other at lunch and nap time even they are not in the same classes....... I applied the lunch  ...

作者: panala    時間: 09-5-12 21:01

rolling cat, bwm,

Same case here.  My girl will also attend K1 in KCS am + KCIS pm in coming Sept.  Called the school and just told me that they are not recommended to do so, so what we can do now is wait for their call.
作者: bwm    時間: 09-5-13 00:53

panala,

what's your plan if the school won't offer the lunch & nap services for your girl? will u consider to quit one section? really very troublesome now, the school suddenly change their policy....

原帖由 panala 於 09-5-12 21:01 發表
rolling cat, bwm,

Same case here.  My girl will also attend K1 in KCS am + KCIS pm in coming Sept.  Called the school and just told me that they are not recommended to do so, so what we can do now is ...

作者: Yau_Cheung    時間: 09-5-13 08:33

hi bwm,

午飯方面, 你可以考慮自己/工人姐姐送飯去學校;午睡就視乎小朋友是否一定需要, 如必須就要同學校頃。 (我的小朋友K2時都係返2間學校, 由媬母送飯去學校食, 食完上校巴返第2間學校, 他不需午睡, 每晚約睡10小時)

希望幫到你。

原帖由 bwm 於 09-5-12 14:54 發表
hi rollingcat!

My daughter will also attend k1am in KCS and KCIS pm in this coming Sept. I also applied the lunch & nap in school. And same to me that I haven't received the school's reply so far. I' ...

作者: 琬晴B    時間: 09-5-13 11:04

It will be a pity if the school decides not to offer this service anymore.

原帖由 Yau_Cheung 於 09-5-13 08:33 發表
hi bwm,

午飯方面, 你可以考慮自己/工人姐姐送飯去學校;午睡就視乎小朋友是否一定需要, 如必須就要同學校頃。 (我的小朋友K2時都係返2間學校, 由媬母送飯去學校食, 食完上校巴返第2間學校, 他不需午睡, 每晚約睡10小 ...

作者: bwm    時間: 09-5-13 18:31

hi yau_cheung,

tks for your sharing. however, if the school really won't offer this lunch&nap arrangement, can we still request them to give us a place to let our kid to have lunch &nap our own?

原帖由 Yau_Cheung 於 09-5-13 08:33 發表
hi bwm,

午飯方面, 你可以考慮自己/工人姐姐送飯去學校;午睡就視乎小朋友是否一定需要, 如必須就要同學校頃。 (我的小朋友K2時都係返2間學校, 由媬母送飯去學校食, 食完上校巴返第2間學校, 他不需午睡, 每晚約睡10小 ...

作者: panala    時間: 09-5-13 21:29

I think I will still try to arrange her to attend both section at the same time.  I think it should be OK if my helper can help.  

But the largest problem that I'm facing is that my helper suddenly resigned with short notice last week and is going to leave this weekend and I'm going to give birth to my second baby soon.  I'm looking for a new maid now and not sure whether I can train the new maid to do so properly and make me feel safe or not...

原帖由 bwm 於 09-5-13 00:53 發表
panala,

what's your plan if the school won't offer the lunch & nap services for your girl? will u consider to quit one section? really very troublesome now, the school suddenly change their policy... ...

作者: bwm    時間: 09-5-14 01:24

panala,

does your kid need to take afternoon nap now?

btw, your maid seems to quit the job due to your coming new bb as she doesn't want to take up more responsibilities....u're in a bit trouble now...may be u can consider hire a 'sit moon helper' to help u after delivery. hope u can settle it soon.

原帖由 panala 於 09-5-13 21:29 發表
I think I will still try to arrange her to attend both section at the same time.  I think it should be OK if my helper can help.  

But the largest problem that I'm facing is that my helper suddenly r ...

作者: panala    時間: 09-5-14 21:31

bwm,

My daughter does not need afternoon nap anymore, so I think she should be OK for attending both sections.

For my maid, she just said she resign due to personal problem wor...anyway, only can try my best to have better arrangement for the coming period la!

原帖由 bwm 於 09-5-14 01:24 發表
panala,

does your kid need to take afternoon nap now?

btw, your maid seems to quit the job due to your coming new bb as she doesn't want to take up more responsibilities....u're in a bit trouble now ...

作者: Yau_Cheung    時間: 09-5-15 08:52

建議先向學校提出要求,唔得再想辦法。我在清華街校舍見過工人姐姐與小朋友在地下操場食午飯,你可以問下學校。

原帖由 bwm 於 09-5-13 18:31 發表
hi yau_cheung,

tks for your sharing. however, if the school really won't offer this lunch&nap arrangement, can we still request them to give us a place to let our kid to have lunch &nap our own?

作者: rollingcat    時間: 09-7-27 20:14

Hello, all KCIS parents,

I would like to know the studend of KCIS most likely go to KCIS primary section or go to other IS after reception class??

My girl is attending QBS summer course in these few weeks, my husband and I also hope my girl to go to ESF.  Anyone know that is it hard to go the ESF primary after KCIS reception class.  Of course I also applied CIS and GSIS for trying the luck.

Any parents can share their experience???
作者: 琬晴B    時間: 09-7-28 16:55

To answer your question, my daughter (08-09 Reception Class) will go to Reniassance College next month. I believe several of her classmates will go to QBS and of course, quite a no. of them may stay in KCIS.

原帖由 rollingcat 於 09-7-27 20:14 發表
Hello, all KCIS parents,

I would like to know the studend of KCIS most likely go to KCIS primary section or go to other IS after reception class??

My girl is attending QBS summer course in these few ...

作者: Yau_Cheung    時間: 09-7-29 08:41

Last year, it had 2X vacancies for P1 (=year 1) and this year, it has below 10 vacancies for P2 (=year 2).
作者: rollingcat    時間: 09-7-30 19:51

原帖由 Yau_Cheung 於 09-7-29 08:41 發表
Last year, it had 2X vacancies for P1 (=year 1) and this year, it has below 10 vacancies for P2 (=year 2).

Which school??
作者: GIPW    時間: 09-7-30 20:39

Hi

I have got a confirmation from the school that they will not offer the place for the children to have a nap in the afternoon any longer.  For the morning student, they will give a class for the students to have lunch then the student could rest there.  Unlike last year. there will be no bed offered to the children to take a nap.

If my son go for both sessions without taking a nap in the afternoon, that would mean he will work from 7:30am - 5:30pm without taking nap / rest.  I do not think for a boy that is going to be 3, could stand studying for such a long hour, it is not very healthy and too much for a toddle.  I think I will quit the afternoon class.

Any comment ?
作者: Yau_Cheung    時間: 09-7-30 21:30

KCIS        

原帖由 rollingcat 於 09-7-30 19:51 發表

Which school??

作者: 琬晴B    時間: 09-7-31 10:29

I would quit the afternoon class if I were you.

When my daughter was 3 years old (K1), the school allocate a room for them to take a nap. No naps were arranged when she was in Reception class but they were allowed to lay their heads on the table after lunch. (Sometimes they watched movies, like "Chicken Little".....)

原帖由 GIPW 於 09-7-30 20:39 發表
Hi

I have got a confirmation from the school that they will not offer the place for the children to have a nap in the afternoon any longer.  For the morning student, they will give a class for the s ...

作者: chanbebe    時間: 09-8-3 18:28

quit it now and take both sections next year (eg.K2)

原帖由 GIPW 於 09-7-30 20:39 發表
Hi

I have got a confirmation from the school that they will not offer the place for the children to have a nap in the afternoon any longer.  For the morning student, they will give a class for the s ...

歡迎光臨 教育王國 (/) Powered by Discuz! X1.5